Sean Rash - coming to Australia

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Sean will be bowling the AUSTRALIAN MASTERS TOURNAMENT this October. Could make for some interesting viewing from a spectator's point of view.
Those of you who have been bashing Sean Rash over the 'bottlegate' incident will have a chance to personally tell Sean what you think of him...

Hey Wayne,

I think one of two things will happen.

Australian Bowler's will start drinking bottled water for the event, or we will just simply take it like a real Aussie would and not give a sh!#.

I see it now... Belmo v. Rash for the money. Rash takes the approach. It's so quiet all you can hear is the a/c...

200 Aussie blokes in the crowd crackle their drink bottles in unison...

Rash gets a bad case of the giggles and has to step back off the approach.

Belmo almost dies of embarrassment.

Some lark tries to explain to Sean (with a straight face and the deepest sincerity) that crackling your drink bottle is the highest form of compliment in our country...

I'd like to think we would make him feel welcome even though I think he is a tosser. Reacting to him like he did to belmo makes us no better than him.

I've got no doubt someone will say somthing though. Just hope it's nothing too serious cos really it's a nothing incident and I'm sure belmo doesn't want to have to go back to the US and put up with more **** caused by us.

Hey Guys,

Roy you are on the money there, but it would be funny to see 200 people crackle a bottle every time he bowled. Just for the laugh.

A lot of the younger guys may not remember this, but years ago Dick Johnson (Shell Ford) raced a Nascar in the U.S and was cut off by Kyle Petty ( U.S for God of the Oval Track) while the T.V station was talking to Dick in the car. Dick's response,

" did you blokes just see what that big pr!k just did!"

He spent the next few weeks explaining that calling some one a Pr!k in Australia was a sign of respect!

I cannot see this ending well at all. Where's the source for this? I can't see any references to this happening on his facebook or google search.

Could be just people stirring the pot.

If I was bowling against him, I'd bring out a garbage bag full of plastic bottles and let him take his pick...

I see it now... Belmo v. Rash for the money. Rash takes the approach. It's so quiet all you can hear is the a/c...

200 Aussie blokes in the crowd crackle their drink bottles in unison...

Rash gets a bad case of the sh!ts and crack it like the little girl he is.

Belmo almost dies of embarrassment.

Some lark tries to explain to Sean (with a straight face and the deepest sincerity) that crackling your drink bottle is the highest form of compliment in our country...

Sorry Jason... just a little edit.... hope you dont mind :)

For the sake of the sport hopefully we can keep the wisecrackles down to the minimum.

All i can say is ,,,,,the person who who thought of this is a genius :cool:

Although i wonder if this bloke knows wat he is up for :confused: i hope he has a thick skin

johnnyb

Might be a good time to take a deep breath, and have a re-think about the image we might be projecting, and if it's an image we want to be judged by.

Just transfer this 'issue' to, say, Golf or Tennis - plenty of others if you like to think about it, and maybe it won't appear quite so clear cut?

Are we, and Belmo, the only ones in step here?

Hey I think we all should have "Bottle B i t c h" t-shirts made up and Bowl in them. :beerchug::tongue4:

typical aussies......... you cheer louder for the international bowlers than what you do for our own.

Rash not only embarrassed in front of the world one of our countries best ever bowlers but also had the nerve to call him a cheat and you guys want to make him feel welcome??? What does that say...

Well Belmo is a pure sportsman on and off the lanes and he has dealt with this incident just like a professional and can hold his head high.

But i for sure aint gonna go out of my way to make him feel welcome. And I can guarantee you that there are a hell of a lot of americans not making Belmo feel welcome over there either.

Bring it on, Nappy Rash!

People need to be realistic.
At the end of the day, regardless of what has happened. Who did what...who said what.

We have a PBA Bowler coming all the way to Australia to compete in the Masters. I think it is our chance to show that we are all as professional as Jason and show him just how good we are at this sport.

Make him work his butt off for that Masters title, show him just how good our bowlers are. I, for one will be there and I will welcome him. Could be a start of more PBA bowlers visiting.

He has made an apology and is having his contract reviewed with Brunswick hence the addition on Ciminelli to the Brunswick Pro Staff. I can guarantee he is coming here to win back his credibility and get his Australian fan base back.

Let him do it, personally I would love to see him get thrashed in matchplay or better yet...not even make it through qualifying.

Toon

But i for sure aint gonna go out of my way to make him feel welcome. And I can guarantee you that there are a hell of a lot of americans not making Belmo feel welcome over there either.

Sure there are Pro's that don't make him feel welcome, but the amount of people spectating/watching PBA events on TV have x 4 since Jason made his first TV appearance. Theres a reason he is nominated for an ESPY. The viewers love him.

Honestly, I think Wayne's statement is not credible, unless he is privy to information the rest of the bowling community is not.
Also I doubt Sean will be here later in the year.

Rob

Actually bowlrig there is some truth there. As the Australian Masters is now a WBT Tour stop you can expect Belmo,Mika,Barnes and Rash to maybe make an appearance.

Back
Top Bottom