Scores at Nats.

jimcross

The so far posted scores at the Nationals seem unusually low to me. I don't mean everyone's scores are low, but even with most reasonable series, the fluctuations game to game seem unusual. Am I right, or is it just me?
Comments from participants would be welcome.

I'd also like to know who's coming for the Masters ... unless I'm reading it wrong just about all the leading players from Europe, Asia and the US (including Jason Belmonte) will be tied up in the World Series of Bowling in Las Vegas.

The TBA website indicates that Lynda Barnes, Dana Millar Mackie (and I'm hoping Steve), Wendy Mc Phearson plus maybe a couple of others will be here which is great .. but what about the guys?

No guys that I know of, anyone who's anyone is in Vegas. Looks like it will be a home grown shoot out bar a few sheep shaggers.

Just had another look at the scores - still the same - 206, 115, 237 etc.
At least when George gets there, there will be none of that nonsense, no 240 / 140 rubbish. Can't wait....

Hi Jim, l bowled on the first weekend and did struggle with finding a consistent shot. What looked good in on squad wouldn't be there in the next. l also spent a bit of time experimenting, Trotts looked pretty good. The pattern should settle in over the next week and also some higher calibre bowlers will see some numbers posted.

Hi Bluey, I was hoping to be there, but, while the shoulder is pretty good overall, I can't say the same about the bowling...so.............
Hope it goes good for you when you return---see if you can unbalance George a little??

Hi Bluey, I was hoping to be there, but, while the shoulder is pretty good overall, I can't say the same about the bowling...so.............
Hope it goes good for you when you return---see if you can unbalance George a little??

maybe with a baseball bat? not much chance on the lanes at the moment.
This pattern will suit George big time, be very surprised if l see his ball inside 5 board through the heads all month.

One thing I've always admired about George, is his confidence --but, you might just have him this time -- just looked in the dictionary............
Mission n. ; building in which missionaries work. Maybe they wont let him out??

Hi Jim,

It's no league shot out there. I suspect that most of the up and down is when players use the wrong part of the pattern where they don't have any room or worse, wreck it for others on their pair.

And a Mission is an Ebonite ball, so George isn't on one of those. (He's been on so many ball staffs now, he can't remember any more, methinks...)

maybe with a baseball bat? not much chance on the lanes at the moment.
This pattern will suit George big time, be very surprised if l see his ball inside 5 board through the heads all month.

Geez... there's a bold prediction... Like George is ever anywhere else... Anywhere! (Well, apart from the Pedersen Classic or this year's Melbourne Cup.)

The Shot is not a House Shot , thank God or Chris !

The reason for the up and down stuff is mostly people losing the shot they had because they lose control of ball speed or accuracy, there is not a lot of room and if you miss by more than a board either side your Gooooone !!!

There is a good shot out there, be paitent and dont attack the hell out
of the condition and you will be fine

Well i must say im pretty much struggling with the condition so far,i think im Averaging 182 after bowling 4 squads. So for me going from a 225 avg house condition to a 182 avg on a tournament pattern is a big swing for for me,when you consider that there are some bowlers who i have spoken to,who avg 185 on a house shot and are only 10 or so pins down on the nationals condition,really makes me look 2nd rate big time.

However there is a shot there,if you can get a pocket ball strike,then there is some sort of line there. Its just being consistant at throwing that same shot that will make the pocket. The 5 board option didnt work for me as the ball wasnt fliping at the back end,however Dale Fitzgerald was playing near the gutter and his ball was finishing nicely and hitting the pocket well.

Maybe i have the wrong equipment which isnt allowing me to play towards the gutter,i dont really know,however im enjoying playing on this condition and looking forward to bowling a few more squads next weekend to see if i can work something out.

Pity they cant lay this pattern as a house pattern at most centres,but i guess thats another debate thats already being discussed in another thread.

Wishing all the bowlers good luck in the Nationals :)

Someone please tell me when a pattern laid is the pattern seen as i always have said the bloke down the back decides [oil/wash /machine condition /AND HOW CLEAN HE KEEPS IT]
should be interesting

Back
Top Bottom