Trying to follow scores at Nats.

jimcross

Trying to keep up with what's happening is hopeless. I know, I know,, every time one says anything like this you get told about how it's all done voluntarially. I really don't care. Volunteer to do it better. This is, is it not, the premier competitive event on the Australian calender?

What an effective way to undersell the sport.

It's not made more acceptable by the statement that " scores displayed are updated frequently."

That sent me off in search of a dictionary, to look at the defination of 'frequently'- but before I got there I remembered that the earth travells around the sun in about the same time period that the Nat scores are posted, approx once every 24 hours.

So, I suppose I've got to accept the word 'frequently' is not misused. Haleys Comet visits us 'frequently' also. PLEASE, PLEASE, don't use that to measure by.

I know, I know,, every time one says anything like this you get told about how it's all done voluntarially.

Right on cue Kimberley. Good one !!

Jim, some times I sit and wonder "wow, I can not imagine how Jim used to go getting scores and updates when he was in prime......you know, no fax machines or internet..... probably cursed the postie and the publisher of pin action magazine"

Oh by the way - sarcasm intended.

Rob

Final Masters qualifying and first 3 games are up. Some great bowlers missing the cut this year. I see Paeng Nepomuceno made the cut in the 11th hour, only improving his score by seven pins but it was enough to bump someone out. Bruno Maglieri also with a late push to the line, improving 30 pins or so knocking Shaun and Mac out. Shake up at the top today too means some are bowling this arvo probably weren't thinking they'd bowl until later.

Hey guys,

For me the bowler of the day was MR Walsh, all games consistent. Nothing that stands out as not belonging.

'We want grimmace_25' - repeat, repeat. So good to see some comments on what is happening - way to go!! Can you get a 'volunteer' job with TBA, although you probably would not be allowed to post here ...... and I feel sorry for poor Don Atkinson receiving his 'plague'.

In saying the above, it is much appreciated that the scores from Seniors, Rachuig etc. were there for us to see. Just a shame that the TBA website does not have a forum for extra comments and information to share and it is a difficult site to navigate.

Just saw the round two results, I thought was on today.

I was going to take a run up to watch. Glad I saw the schedule as I would have missed it totally.

Well done Mr Purdue, top after round two. Power to the stroker. Amazing how this pattern plays different squad to squad.

Good luck today guys.

Trying to keep up with what's happening is hopeless. I know, I know,, every time one says anything like this you get told about how it's all done voluntarially. I really don't care. Volunteer to do it better. This is, is it not, the premier competitive event on the Australian calender?

What an effective way to undersell the sport.

It's not made more acceptable by the statement that " scores displayed are updated frequently."

Why don't you jump in your car and drive here to see the scores for yourself... Apparently that would have been quicker than waiting for live updates... Oops, I guess I'm just as bad... I'm 5 hrs late...

Back
Top Bottom