What happened to dress code at Nationals?????????????

J

josie

Am I wrong to think that there was supposed to be a dress code in force? Bowling will go nowhere unless all rules are adhered to and enforced :x This also includes the code of behavior that all :roll: competitors are supposed to have signed before entering this event.
I now remember why I do not frequent the bowl anymore. The bitchiness, backbiting and the lies that goes on is unbelievable. I will not be going back in a hurry.

Dress Code???

What has got you upset?

Did you really expect to go to a tournament and not hear bitchy-ness !! LOL - more fool you. Simply because it is going on does not mean you have to take part in it. Look around - you will find that not EVERYONE is bitching, and not EVERYONE disregards the rules...

HOWEVER - Dress-codes are an interesting topic. I have been waiting for someone to identify the discriminatory dress codes that are in force for some time...

Men - trousers, collared shirts...

Women - shorts and t-shirts...

Is it me, or is there a bit of disparity here?

I for one would prefer to bowl in good dress shorts (simply because of the fact that in half of the centres I have bowled in the A/C is inadequate to cope with a large crowd and singles/ doubles being bowled).

Either way, I will play by the rules - I just find the current dress standards as unequal - and should they be challanged legally, I think you would find they would not pass an anti-discrimination test....

Any comments folks?

As i have said previously on other posts...."Bowling without the bitchiness and backstabbing...Id love to see that!!!"

The nationals had no dress code, it was not stated on the entry form, so a few bowlers wore shorts and could not be enforced into changing their clothing.

FYI, no ... only people I saw was Mark Foster and Bruno Maglieri

I also heard a proposal is being put forth (not by myself), to allow shorts to be worn at Rachuig in Townsville next year. Perhaps this is a precedence

Cameron....YOU started the post about how you'd LOVE to be able to bowl in shorts and yet when given a chance to act on your dream..you flaked and wore long pants..
what the ?

Re: Dress Code???

boybrowny said:
Did you really expect to go to a tournament and not hear bitchy-ness !! LOL - more fool you. Simply because it is going on does not mean you have to take part in it. Look around - you will find that not EVERYONE is bitching, and not EVERYONE disregards the rules...

Boybrowny,
Yes you are right that you do not have to take part in the bitching if u don't want to but half the time you get involved without even knowing that you are... someone drops your name and all of a sudden you are the centre of the bitching -- without even opening your mouth...
:shock:

"If you look professional, you will BE professional."
Bowling needs a dress code, because bowling needs an image, a strong one.
The onus is on the TBAL to get it happening.

As for bitching, that will never die, and yes, Jess is absolutley right, involvement can sometimes be completely involuntary.

Speaking of which, what was the deal with 8 drunken tarts confronting ONE person regarding gossip which was NOTHING to do with them?

People need to learn manners (BASIC manners), they need to learn what is their business and what is not and people REALLY need to establish lives outside of the bowling arena, perhaps the bitching would then settle a little.

In the heat of Townsville i think that shorts could be a good idea. BUT, getting everyone in the team to agree to it could be the problem.
I for one dont mind bowling in shorts but at tournaments i think it looks better and is more appropriate to all wear long pants.

Til next Time
Rob T

Dress Code in Townsville

Well I would have to agree with Bomber on this one.

Surely all bowlers will be permitted to wear shorts during Nationals in Townsville, however during Rahcuig I dont know so much. I bowled there in the last Nationals back in 90' and it was a sweat box. BOTH CENTRES

Dress codes have never been on a level field, something i know in Perth has been discussed time and time again

I remeber way back it took alot for us to convince the powers to be to allow us to wear shorts in a SPC final out at Midland

Now Bomber please clarify - did u create a scene by falling thru a coffee table .... lol.. Damn why wasnt I there to see... lol
Good to hear from ya mate and Congratulations on your teasm performance in Rachuig

Will we be seeing u in Canberra for the Brunswick Cup, hope so

Speak soon

For many years women were only allowed to wear skirts no matter what the weather. Its only been in the last couple of years that long pants and shorts have been included in our dress code. So boys if you want to wear shorts then bitch and carry on to the POWERS THAT BE LIKE like we did, although you have been allowed to wear shorts as long as you wear long sox(such a charming look). :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:

LAST COUPLE OF YEARS???

:?:

Why dont you start counting exactly how many years it has been ...

(When you run out of fingers, feel free to use your toes...)

I wonder if this post has anything to do with me bowling in shorts and a Monkey Magic T-shirt at Nationals this year??? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom