High Score" awards will not be issued during unopposed bowling sessions

I dont agree............how can it not be practical to have these regulations and checking procedures in place???? So, if I was to bowl a perfect game and found that there was to much side weight on my ball, making it illegal, it doesnt matter anymore because it would mean extra effort for someone to carry out the required procedures ???? I agree there are alot more 300 games bowled these days and more work involved but that does not mean these regulations should be ignored. These rules are in place for a reason.................Thats my opinion

I dont agree............how can it not be practical to have these regulations and checking procedures in place???? So, if I was to bowl a perfect game and found that there was to much side weight on my ball, making it illegal, it doesnt matter anymore because it would mean extra effort for someone to carry out the required procedures ???? I agree there are alot more 300 games bowled these days and more work involved but that does not mean these regulations should be ignored. These rules are in place for a reason.................Thats my opinion

If the ball has too much side weight or thumb weight making it illegal, then the whiners in this sport would find some way to blame the ball driller anyway, deny all knowledge of the ball being illegal and cry until their score was acknowledged.
I say that half with tongue in cheek but it is a valid argument these days I suppose. With all the exotic weight blocks and drill patterns available these days, Joe Public places a lot of trust in the ball driller to get it right and make sure the ball is legal. How many of them ever actually check? Whose fault is it 3 months later when Joe bowls his first sanctioned 300 game and it's found that the ball he used has too much side weight? Who really cares these days anyway? Add it to the list of 1500 300's shot in Australia this year and move on. So what if the ball had an extra half ounce of side weight? Presumably the guy still made at least 8 decent shots to get his 300. Unless and until every tournament and championship requires an equipment check like the ones in the US do, most people are never going to know whether their equipment falls within acceptable parameters beyond trusting the guy that drilled it in the first place. The aggresive cover stocks and elaborate weight blocks have effectively negated any influence excess side, thumb and finger weight have on the ball anyway.
Those rules are archaic and were created when no one could even imagine there being more than 100 300 games being bowled. Like golf, technological advancements have enforced changes to the game and I agree that there should be boundaries set for ball hardness/softness, maximum weight and other elements, but the side weight issues are such a miniscule part of the overall reaction of a ball these days, it really doesn't matter. Rules need to be updated.

Cheers
Jan

Back
Top Bottom