Can Robert Mushtare make it.

Gary

Youngest 900 shooter ready to tackle Junior Gold Championships

7/5/2006

By Lucas Wiseman
USBC Communications

When Robert Mushtare competes in the United States Bowling Congress Junior Gold Championships next week he's fully aware that all eyes will be on him.

The 17-year-old Carthage, N.Y., bowler made history recently as the first bowler to record two certified perfect series. Mushtare accomplished the rare feat of throwing three consecutive 300 games (36 strikes) on Dec. 3, 2005 and once again on Feb. 19, 2006.

Mushtare will make his first appearance at the Junior Gold Championships on July 10 when qualifying for the event begins in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He will be among a field of 1,458 of the top junior bowlers in the country competing for $80,000 in scholarships and spots on Junior Team USA.

"I'm going in not thinking about the 900s, but I know the other people around me will be thinking about that," Mushtare said. "I'm just going to enjoy the experience and bowl the best I can."

For Mushtare, it will be just the second time he has competed on Sport Bowling conditions, which put an emphasis on shot making and spare shooting. The Junior Gold Championships utilizes three Sport conditions in three bowling centers for the three days of qualifying.

"I'd like to finish with around a 200 average for the tournament, that would be nice," Mushtare said. "There's really no Sport Bowling around where I live, so if I can do that I'll be happy. The bowling center I bowl at puts out different shots for me, so I've been practicing on some tough stuff trying to get ready."

Mushtare became the topic of conversation in the bowling community with his two pre-bowled 900 series. And due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the accomplishment, USBC conducted a thorough investigation into the score submissions.

In keeping with the current rules of the sport as approved by USBC delegates - which allow for the recognition of honor scores rolled in pre-bowling sessions - USBC approved Mushtare's scores.

Mushtare's two approved 900 series came after one was rejected. On Nov. 5, 2005, Mushtare claimed a pre-bowled perfect series but USBC rejected the score because his league was not certified when the feat occurred and he was not a USBC member at the time.

With his two 900s, Mushtare became the first person to have rolled certified multiple perfect series and the youngest to roll an approved 900. He also became the first youth bowler to shoot a certified 900.

In the 111-year history of certified league bowling there have now been 11 approved 900 series, the first coming in 1997 by Jeremy Sonnenfeld of Lincoln, Neb.

The ninth annual Junior Gold Championships will take place at Don Carter University Lanes, Don Carter Tamarac Lanes and Boca Raton Lanes. The field is made up of players from all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. military zones in Europe and the Far East. Most participants qualified to enter by advancing through local Junior Gold qualifying leagues and tournaments.

The top five finishers who are U.S. citizens in the male and female divisions will earn a spot on Junior Team USA, serving as United States representatives in international competition in 2007. The National Selection Committee will choose six additional Junior Gold competitors, three males and three females, to round out the 2007 team.

Qualifying competition for the male and female divisions consist of three six-game blocks. After 18 games, one out of every seven entrants will advance to the semifinals.

The semifinalists bowl 12 additional games to determine the top 16 males and top 16 females who compete in the finals. The 32 finalists bowl 16 games of round-robin match play to determine the top five males and top five females who earn automatic berths on Junior Team USA 2007. The national champions (male and female) are the leaders after match play.

What do think can he a least make the cut when the world is whatching?

Gary...............................................:cool:

For those of you who think competitive bowling is on the downswing in the United States, consider this....
All 1,458 spots were sold out for the Junior Gold Championships a full four months before the first ball was scheduled to be thrown.
That's 1,458 junior bowlers.
The vast majority of whom have not only prepaid the entry fee for this most prestigious tournament, but have the added expense of travel, food and lodging for a week in Florida. USBC Youth members who average 175 or better (boys) or 165 or better (girls) and who are members of the USBC Junior Gold program are eligible to qualify to advance to the Championships. These young bowlers are the future of our sport and I have great admiration for each and every one of them, for having a undeniable passion for this great sport.

wchester said:
For those of you who think competitive bowling is on the downswing in the United States, consider this....
All 1,458 spots were sold out for the Junior Gold Championships a full four months before the first ball was scheduled to be thrown.
That's 1,458 junior bowlers.
The vast majority of whom have not only prepaid the entry fee for this most prestigious tournament, but have the added expense of travel, food and lodging for a week in Florida. USBC Youth members who average 175 or better (boys) or 165 or better (girls) and who are members of the USBC Junior Gold program are eligible to qualify to advance to the Championships. These young bowlers are the future of our sport and I have great admiration for each and every one of them, for having a undeniable passion for this great sport.

Now just imagine if that happened here!

"but it's too far to travel in Australia"...

And actually you know what? Good luck to the kid. I hope he does well. The answer to the 900's he bowled is not allowing prebowled scores to count as honour scores, not punishing the kid for something he did or didn't do.

No, he won't make the team. He will be lucky to finish in the top 200. The chooks will come home to roost!!!

It is not only the matter of allowing pre bowls as honour scores, there is the matter that his ball (s) were not weighed nor were the pins. That rules out an honour score doesn't it?

Nah, the kid has obviously been taken for a ride by his egotistical dad and he has been in on it. Can't say I feel sorry for him for this nor when he won't achieve at the elite level. Cheats never prosper. He should not be allowed to bowl in this event.

Honour scores have been devalued by this fraud. The real insult is on those who have achieved by legitimate means.

Gary said:
Youngest 900 shooter ready to tackle Junior Gold Championships
7/5/2006
By Lucas Wiseman
USBC Communications
When Robert Mushtare competes in the United States Bowling Congress Junior Gold Championships next week he's fully aware that all eyes will be on him.
The 17-year-old Carthage, N.Y., bowler made history recently as the first bowler to record two certified perfect series. Mushtare accomplished the rare feat of throwing three consecutive 300 games (36 strikes) on Dec. 3, 2005 and once again on Feb. 19, 2006.
Mushtare will make his first appearance at the Junior Gold Championships on July 10 when qualifying for the event begins in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He will be among a field of 1,458 of the top junior bowlers in the country competing for $80,000 in scholarships and spots on Junior Team USA.
"I'm going in not thinking about the 900s, but I know the other people around me will be thinking about that," Mushtare said. "I'm just going to enjoy the experience and bowl the best I can."
For Mushtare, it will be just the second time he has competed on Sport Bowling conditions, which put an emphasis on shot making and spare shooting. The Junior Gold Championships utilizes three Sport conditions in three bowling centers for the three days of qualifying.
"I'd like to finish with around a 200 average for the tournament, that would be nice," Mushtare said. "There's really no Sport Bowling around where I live, so if I can do that I'll be happy. The bowling center I bowl at puts out different shots for me, so I've been practicing on some tough stuff trying to get ready."
Mushtare became the topic of conversation in the bowling community with his two pre-bowled 900 series. And due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the accomplishment, USBC conducted a thorough investigation into the score submissions.
In keeping with the current rules of the sport as approved by USBC delegates - which allow for the recognition of honor scores rolled in pre-bowling sessions - USBC approved Mushtare's scores.
Mushtare's two approved 900 series came after one was rejected. On Nov. 5, 2005, Mushtare claimed a pre-bowled perfect series but USBC rejected the score because his league was not certified when the feat occurred and he was not a USBC member at the time.
With his two 900s, Mushtare became the first person to have rolled certified multiple perfect series and the youngest to roll an approved 900. He also became the first youth bowler to shoot a certified 900.
In the 111-year history of certified league bowling there have now been 11 approved 900 series, the first coming in 1997 by Jeremy Sonnenfeld of Lincoln, Neb.
The ninth annual Junior Gold Championships will take place at Don Carter University Lanes, Don Carter Tamarac Lanes and Boca Raton Lanes. The field is made up of players from all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. military zones in Europe and the Far East. Most participants qualified to enter by advancing through local Junior Gold qualifying leagues and tournaments.
The top five finishers who are U.S. citizens in the male and female divisions will earn a spot on Junior Team USA, serving as United States representatives in international competition in 2007. The National Selection Committee will choose six additional Junior Gold competitors, three males and three females, to round out the 2007 team.
Qualifying competition for the male and female divisions consist of three six-game blocks. After 18 games, one out of every seven entrants will advance to the semifinals.
The semifinalists bowl 12 additional games to determine the top 16 males and top 16 females who compete in the finals. The 32 finalists bowl 16 games of round-robin match play to determine the top five males and top five females who earn automatic berths on Junior Team USA 2007. The national champions (male and female) are the leaders after match play.
What do think can he a least make the cut when the world is whatching?
Thats interesting

im pretty sure Jeremy Sonnenfeld was at the Junior Nationals in hobart in 1990 they had a Kiwi side and a USA side to bowl against the bowlers who were sitting out in Pres Shield.

Ninja299 said:
Thats interesting
im pretty sure Jeremy Sonnenfeld was at the Junior Nationals in hobart in 1990 they had a Kiwi side and a USA side to bowl against the bowlers who were sitting out in Pres Shield.
Yes, I think he was too - 99% sure anyway, it was a long time ago now.
I met him anyway.

Ninja299 said:
Thats interesting

Pretty sure he was at the Junior Nationals at Gosford in 94 (dont quote me on the year, it was somewhere around there). I thought he also won the Australian Junior Masters that year too.

Jeremy bowled two 300s during the Australian Nationals / Masters in 1994.
For those of you who have seen him bowl, it wasn't that surprising that he followed it with a 900 series a few years later.

wchester said:
Jeremy bowled two 300s during the Australian Nationals / Masters in 1994.
For those of you who have seen him bowl, it wasn't that surprising that he followed it with a 900 series a few years later.
thanks for clearing that up mate

i knew it was one of the nationals i was at

the reason i probably forgot it was my last nationals and was 18 needless to say there was lots of bowling and even more drinking :D

Notebook: Mushtare makes debut

7/10/2006

By Lucas Wiseman and Joyce Jocham
USBC Communications

Complete Junior Gold coverage

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Robert Mushtare of Carthage, N.Y., the first bowler in history to record two certified 900 series, made his debut in the United States Bowling Congress Junior Gold Championships on Monday.

Mushtare, a 17-year-old right-hander, had games of 191, 200, 166, 159, 222 and 208 for a first-round block of 1,146.

"I think I did pretty well today, and tomorrow is a different day so we'll see what happens," Mushtare said. "The lanes are tough, so you know the scores are going to be low. I've just got to grind it out."

Mushtare is -54 for 6 game's 12 game's to go.

Gary.............................................:cool:

Mushtare is sitting in a tie for 204th place after the first six games. He's currently ahead of 779 other male bowlers. A total of 79 boys bowled over the card, and that might just be a record high for this tournament.

On the girls side there were 11 who managed a 200 avarage the first day and another 425 who have some catching up to do.

200 Robyn Ashley Farmington, NM 206 204 180 180 184 193 1147
201 Shane Black Marysville, OH 164 179 210 194 169 231 1147
202 Jordan Plunkett Everett, WA 195 190 204 234 179 145 1147
203 Jon Lippert Sioux Falls, SD 198 168 212 190 188 191 1147

204 Robert Mushtare Carthage, NY 191 200 166 159 222 208 1146

205 Ricky Matsko Overland, MO 160 237 191 167 202 189 1146
206 Brian Smith Oviedo, FL 156 218 189 186 201 196 1146
207 Robert Blose Warren, OH 211 226 187 205 137 180 1146
208 Chris Drewes Sioux Falls, SD 196 199 157 191 192 211 1146
209 Matthew Stromberg Palm Bay, FL 158 190 180 223 221 174 1146
210 Darryl Longley Brunswick, ME 171 172 212 212 211 168 1146

Gary.........................................:eek:

Today was short oil then long then medium...........mmmmmmmmmmm harder from now on one would think.............omg almost thought go Mushtare go then i slapped myself.................:confused:

Back
Top Bottom