SA Open = NO RATINGS POINTS?

wchester

Bowling Tragic
In what appears to be yet another case of "all talk, no action" by our supposed governing body, the TBA has once again failed to live up to it's promises.

To quote a paragraph out of the TBA Lane Conditioning Policy for 2004:

TBA Lane Policy procedure

A TBA representative will visit the centre where a Rankings Event is to be held in the week prior to the event to do a lane reading. The representative will complete a second lane reading prior to a squad in the Ranked Event.
If the lane condition does not comply on the second reading then no Rankings Points will apply for the event. Bowlers competing will be advised that no Rankings points will apply. The event in question will be taken from the Rankings list for the following year.

I have been told that mysteriously the lane condition was approved by the TBA on Friday 23rd of January although I don't know how they made that ruling because certainly no one representing the TBA was in attendance during today's two qualifying rounds. Therefore no one was there to take a reading of the lanes today before A squad (which is required in the TBA policy above)

Another boondoggle or just no big deal? You can decide with your voice... by ringing, faxing or emailing the TBA or by posting your support or non-support here.

Since a few of you think that I never do anything to support Australian bowling..I can say this:

Tonight I offered to volunteer my time and coaching / bowling knowledge to one of the competitors in this weekend's SA Cup.

I am now declaring my availablity to the TBA for possible coaching, training, motivational speaking..ball caddy etc. etc. for the upcoming Youth Commonwealth Games in my hometown of Bendigo, Victoria
I look forward to doing my part to help make the bowling portion of the Games a huge success!

Anything else you think I should do, just let me know and I'll give it some serious consideration.

Wayne

Wayne

The condition was approved on Friday, and there was another Lane Reading this morning before Matchplay which passed as well.

The pattern passed - and FULL RANKINGS POINTS APPLY to this event.

True they didnt do a reading before A Squad - but I guess that will have to be taken up with TBA.

I would like apologise for my post in which I stated that the TBA didn't follow their own guidelines for checking the lanes. It seems I misread the official policy. Sorry for any animosity or confusion I might have caused.

Yes it appears the policy reads :

The representative will complete a second lane reading prior to a squad in the Ranked Event.

Where a squad means any squad - not A Squad. :)

This is great that TBA came and checked the lanes at SA Cup as per their policy, and I am sure that this meant that the lanes were legal and that all rankings points applied.

My issue is that on the same weekend another Nationally ranked tournament was conducted (Cairns Open), and for the entirety of the event I did not see any officials from TBA let alone see them do a reading of the lanes prior to qualifying or matchplay.

Why is this ??? I thought this policy was for ALL ranked events, and not just for those the TBA deem to be of National significance. For the record Cairns Open attracted bowlers from as far away as Brisbane, Darwin and New Zealand.

So come on TBA, in the immortal words of Pauline Hanson "Please Explain !!!!!!"

Steve Hunt :x :x :x

TBA POLICY

I hear ya tubby i too witnessed the same at the CAIRNS OPEN and when i approached the Proprieter of the centre i was told by him that there were no tba representitives coming to the event and that he assured me that the condition was right.
When i asked him how he new the condition applied by thetba policy he said ( because i just know). Im sorry but noone that has no bowling experience at all can look at a plank of wood with oil on it and say yeah thats right.
There was no lane readings done and there was no attempt at all to have those lanes checked. Poor effort all round. Not too mention that i remember you saying also steve when asked how the lanes were you commented that they were shit and that they were so patchy and inconsistant.
WHERE ARE WE HEADING?

wchester wrote:

Anything else you think I should do, just let me know and I'll give it some serious consideration.

Yeah, Wayne. Get rid of that yank flag draped over my homeland. Good people fought and gave their lives under my flag, not yours.

Feral

A little on the rude side I think Feral. I thought this was a bowling forum? not a place where you can attack people.

Frank Nucifora[/quote]

Frank, you are entitled to your opinion and me mine.
Care to scroll down on this forum to Fairlanes City - New Team Member? - start at page 4 if you like. Tell us what you think of the posts on this avatar etc. I rest my case, sir.

Feral

well, Steve and Sam, my ranking points accrued in Cairns, however small in amount they may have been, seem to have been deleted from my overall tally.....Can someone from Cairns please explain????

Jagga Morgan :evil:

Back
Top Bottom