Rankings Points Stripped ?

sean
I did all that and got email back from john coxon
stating that.Hopefully we will see all the names
on the list soon.
The other email I sent to him asking if I was recieving
points for cairns I have had know reply.

lee m

The first casualty of the TBA Rankings Points has been patched back up following an error by TBA.

TBA Chairperson Peter Coburn has advised us that the rankings points were placed onto the site in error after the event, before the event had passed the TBA Lane Reading, and therefore could not be declared as "ranked". This meant that people that viewed the site following the event and saw their rankings points, and then viewed it the next day saw their points had disappeared. TBA had in fact organised for the lane read tapes to be sent to their office for analysis. A subsequent test showed that the condition on the tapes was to their Policy, and the event passed and points were allocated to pariticipating bowlers who had registered for the National Rankings points.

TBA has now placed an announcement on their site regarding rankings points :

In the past, TBA has endeavoured to have Rankings results updated and distributed on the day of an event or early on the following day. The new TBA Lane Condition Policy contains some stipulations that will impact on the Rankings updates in future, as compliance with the Policy will need to be certified prior to Rankings being updated and posted. In future, Rankings will not be posted until all tournament requirements have been certified.

Doing lane readings with 'tapes'? Isn't that late 80's early 90's technology? Once Kegel machinery dominates the industry we'll all be able to see if the pattern is 'legal' without these types of checks(just like we already do at Melbourne Cup, with it 2.88 to 1 ratio from middle to edge, up on the wall for all to see)

Back
Top Bottom