RESULTS - IPSWICH 15th/16th AUGUST

FLOWER

Congratulations go to 2008 Bowler of the Year, Fred Desmier (225.7 hcp) for his good win at Ipswich ahead of Toowoomba's Dan Borey (221.2 hcp)and 'young' Mitch Hennessey (220.7 hcp.). Isala Sione from Richlands took out 4th place with Matthew Hyman in 5th in their first Twin Tour.

Brendan Meads dominated the Scratch div. and Scratch Pool with an impressive 236.3 well ahead of Fred (213.7) and Nick Cregan (210.0).

Local 'chick' Phil Hurst (220.4 hcp.)continued her dominance of the Ipswich Tour Stops with her good win again this year - Alicia Melton (217.8 hcp.) took 2nd place ahead of another local 'lass' Shirley Johnston (217.3 hcp). Ann Meads is running into form with her 4th placing ahead of her foray into the Senior ranks for 2010 !!!!! Another 'senior' Jeanette Davis was 5th.

Alicia took the honours with 211.8 ahead of Tanya Stevenson (203.5) and Bek Meads (195.0) in the Puffs Scratch division.

The Scratch Pool attracted 27 bowlers for a $540 Pool and the total Prize Fund for 109 bowlers was $5510. Tony Hamilton and Leanne Warmington won the Tamerett Awards of $25 off their next entry and Lucky number winners were Bree(staff), Paul Calam, Matthew Hyman and Stella Alford.

Thanks to the TEAM as usual (could not do without them) and to the staff at Ipswich Superbowl - most friendly and co-operative. THANKS TO ALL THE BOWLERS and hopefully we will see you at the final Tour Stop at Caboolture on 31st Oct/1st Nov.

Attachments

• BALLS HCP.IPSWICH 09.pdf
    63.1 KB · Views: 103
  • BALLS SCR.IPSWICH 09.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 125
  • SCR POOL. IPSWICH 09.pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 61
  • PUFFS HCP.IPSWICH 09.pdf
    58.2 KB · Views: 65
  • PUFFS SCR.IPSWICH 09.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 65
Thats better than he did there last yr Tim. It was a good weekend and good numbers for what is traditionally the lowest drawing stop for the year.

From the looks of it Sunday played a lot better then Saturday.

That surprises me! :rolleyes:

Maybe it was my comments on Saturday?? Me thinks the powers to be ignored me! :)rolleyes: - or understood perfectly maybe).

Oh well theres always next year! ;)

Sunday arvo played like saturday arvo. Sunday morning the air was cooler so the shot held up a bit longer, only 3 a pair too!! No one in C squad in the mens field(Alicia shot 211 av ) shot over remember, Alford and Murray included

Just having a look at the results. I see in the mens 4 bowlers from A squad made scratch cash, 6 from B squad and only 2 from C squad.

Looking at that I would say that C squad played harder then A squad.

P.S.
To clarify my response, I was not referring to The Twin Tour management.

Mary has done a lot for our sport and I would never question her integrity.

If I caused hurt, I apologise!

Cheers,

Rhyss.

i would like to say congrats to brendon on bowling so well, he was in the zone all day. congrats to mary on keeping him in line.

Back
Top Bottom