ASPLEY RESULTS 14th/15th March

FLOWER

Great result in the Aspley Twin Tour for Tanya Stevenson who dominated the Scratch divisions, Balls, Puffs and Scratch Pool with a great 238.1 average. This earns Tanya a BIG CHOCCY !!! as well as plenty of $$$. She finished ahead of Mel Acworth and Bek Meads in the Puffs Scratch div.

Mel Acworth spoilt Tanya's clean sweep party with her win in the Puffs Hcp. div. with a good final block (439) on tough conditions at the end of 10 games 5 to a pair. This put her 11 pins ahead with Bek Meads in 3rd place. Another good effort came from Kayla Janes-Wood who finished 7th and was 24 pins above her actual entering average of 141. With max. hcp of 45 for the Puffs, in reality she was bowling off 155 ave. so a well deserved place for her.

The Balls Hcp. div. was won by low-key sponsor Tony Roffey (?? low-key) - Darryl Alford showed his class once again to take out 2nd place ahead of 'senior' bowler from the Gold Coast Mr. Brian Looby. Nice also to see some of the 'youngies' in the money eg. Jim Murray (?), Matt Walsh, Aden Roffey, Patrick Rahilly and Shannon Poulitsas. Jason Clark (one of the Silly Season Reindeer Wranglers) was 27th and the last of the money men.

Darrin Comrie finished 9 pins ahead of Darryl Alford with 231.5 ave. and David Greenup was 3rd only 12 pins behind Darryl.

Another good turnout with 126 bowlers and Prize Fund payout totalled
$6350 for the weekend. Thanks once again to the TEAM and also to Aspley Bowl. Attaching results -

Attachments

• ASPLEY MARCH 09.pdf
    83.1 KB · Views: 163
Arghhh!!! I had to throw under in one of these tournaments eventually, plus Mel beat me scratch so i'll never hear the end of that!! :p

You guessed right Adrian you will NOT hear the end of it until we get to your home centre then that will be another challenge in it :p

Thanks mary and to everyone at aspley.. was a really great day!! :)

Never mind, Adrian .....

'One day you are the pigeon - another day you are the statue'

Mel had a pigeon day while you had a statue day !!!!

Flower

Back
Top Bottom