POWDER ON BALLS.

webber

Does anybody know the official rule for leaving powder residue ie. Puff bags ect. on a ball before delivery? How clean should the ball be?:confused:

Bowling ball should be wiped clean before each delivery. I personally hate the residue it leaves in the players area it gets into everything .Thank goodness i don't slide it would cause a ton of problems. Cheers Ralph.

RULE 602 BALL SURFACES ALTERATIONS
Altering the surface of a bowling ball by the application of any substance, liquid or abrasive, including the use a
recognised ball cleaning or polishing machine during a series or session of continuous games is prohibited. A ball may
be wiped with a clean cloth or towel at any time. Penalties apply - Refer Offence No. 511.

OFFENCE 511 ALTERING THE SURFACE OF A BALL DURING PLAY
Rule 602 of Equipment Specifications prohibits the alteration of the ball surface during any series or session of
consecutive games - except with a clean cloth or towel.
Penalty - Any balls so altered will immediately be removed from the lanes and use in the competition and a warning
issued to the player. If it is shown that the player had prior knowledge that their actions would be in violation of this
rule, the game in which the violation occurred is subject to forfeiture. In addition, the player is subject to removal from
the event in progress.

Taken from the TBA Rule Book Ver. 7.0.

Hope this is what you were looking for Webber. :)

TBA Rule 602 defines:

RULE 602 BALL SURFACES ALTERATIONS
Altering the surface of a bowling ball by the application of any substance, liquid or abrasive, including the use a recognised ball cleaning or polishing machine during a series or session of continuous games is prohibited. A ball may be wiped with a clean cloth or towel at any time.

I, too, love the resin all over the floor in the players area and at the Champs. at the weekend, the talcum powder on the floor in the corner for shoes - NOT!!! and the attitude when you point out the legal aspects not to mention danger of injury to other bowlers !!!!

Flower

Countless bowlers tap a gripsac on their fingers and thumb holes once or twice then wipe the ball clean with a towel. It sure isnt for ball surface purposes but for more grip in the inserts.

Many years ago in one of my leagues we had this
fool who would rub talcum powder all over his ball
and then throw it. It used to leave this white trail
from the foul line to the pin deck.

In my last centre, they banned Grip-sacs/powder etc from the ball returns. Mustve been complaints about powder getting over peoples equipment. I didnt complain...but it did annoy me

Back
Top Bottom