Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Don't watch ball reviews

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magpi17

Hi, I currently use Seismic bowling balls as they suit me fine but I am thinking of maybe expanding with another brand. No offence to anyone but I like the not so popular brands so am thinking maybe motive or Radical even maybe Lord Field but I want to try Symmetrical stuff. The reason for the post is that you go the websites and all you see is these balls striking, I want to see what happens when you miss your mark as most who know me know my mark is within 5 boards Lol. Anyone else who would like to see them miss the mark?

Hey Neil

I dont watch many review video's to be honest but the ones i have seen all have one thing in common that you have already mentioned, they strike with every ball, or atleast leave a ringing 10. I do notice they arent hitting the same mark every time but as with all the balls these days it doesnt matter, you will still make it back to the pocket.

Fact is you are only seeing the strikes cos who wants to advertise a ball leaving a bucket or a washout.

Oh and i have a motiv and a radical, both are too much ball even for me with no revs on the house shots we all bowl on... they simply dont last long enough and they are back on the seats after 1 game.

I really like the Motiv stuff Neil.

Good value and a nice ball. I have one at the moment but will add more in time.

I have a Tank Urethane I use exclusively for league and as a spare ball in my sports kit.

At 14 lb it drives through the pins nicely for what it is. Some times i feel as though i am doing myself a dis-service by only taking the one ball to league. I just feel personally, that using a hyper ball in league would make me feel like I am cheating myself and giving myself an inflamed belief in my own personal ability. I am a league hack and i miss my target a lot, but the one ball concept is making that better.

So for now it's one ball and work on my shots, timing and target area. Miss a board or two and its an 8 count, really that's what it should be anyway!

I would agree with you on the wanting to see reaction of 10 straight shots with no edits to add in strikes on misses. As for gear, 15 years ago I loved Brunswick and after a 14 year break, I have gone back to them and now expanded to DV8 also. I wouldn't take much into account for the brand, but more in to the ball itself. I love my Brunswick Mystic Aura, it is the first ball I got after coming back. I also have a DV8 Ruckus Schizo, and would readily advise people of how good that ball is.
If you are really into the Motiv balls though, take a look on ebay at the moment. There is a 15lb Forza on bid and sitting at about $140 NIB which isn't too bad.

Before I found Seismic I used a lot of Ebonite and found a similar reaction, the only reason I am looking at changing is I have had 4 seismic balls now crack on us, its a lot of money to have spent. I am currently looking at trying the Ebonite Salute, Columbia 300 Delirium and melt down. All symmetrical + I'm a bit of a geek and the blueprint software interests me.

Hey Neil,
I have some 14lb Radical and Jet stuff at home, PM me if you're interested.

Thanks

Dale

Not sure Roysa, one was quite old had a few redrills but the balls are all stored in a pretty even temperature environment along with others, 2 of the balls where they cracked have very thin cover stock material in the area, Seismic are known to have a reasonably big core in them. We take good care of our equipment always cleaned after use and the balls that cracked have had very little use as we don't get to use them much at Taree as they are to strong on our house pattern

Neil, you won't be disappointed with the Ebonite Salute, that is one hell of a ball! I also like the look of the C300 Delerium, can't wait to get my hands on one of those! You might also like the Ebonite GameBreaker 2, or the Ebonite Honor.

Not sure Roysa, one was quite old had a few redrills but the balls are all stored in a pretty even temperature environment along with others, 2 of the balls where they cracked have very thin cover stock material in the area, Seismic are known to have a reasonably big core in them. We take good care of our equipment always cleaned after use and the balls that cracked have had very little use as we don't get to use them much at Taree as they are to strong on our house pattern

Were they resting on the floor, on the thumb holes? Particularly, if it is a concrete based floor, that's not an advisable way to store them.

Was just wondering what the Seismic balls were that cracked? I was thinking about trying Seismic but I don't know if it's worth it after hearing this?

A Raging Bull, An older 1 that has had redrills Aftermath Solid, Venator and a Lion Horn. They are a good ball we like them and yep they hit hard they were all stored in a constant environment. There is some talk that the Venator was prone to cracking but all these balls except the Aftermath had less than 30 games on them. Taree is a humid place but we have other balls that show no signs of cracking, all are Seismic but the silence from the manufacturer isn't helping I thought Ryan would reply to the message I sent him he always used to. The cracks in both the Venator and the Lion Horn are in places where the Cover Stock is only about 1/4 inch thick

Back
Top Bottom