Possible Australian Record

T

The Ref

Last Tuesday night at Maitland Bowl, Justin McKinney bowled 1,111 in a 4 game league. This is on the back of two other series of 1080+ this season.

Does anyone know whether this is an Australian Record and if not then what is the current 4 game total. :?:
Great stuff Justin. 8)

Rob T

WOW!

Awesome!..Justin must be the best bowler of al-time in Australia..Can't wait to see him in the next Super Six Tournament. :wink:

Why be a smart ass Wayne?
How about contributing positively. Someone of your supposed knowledge and experience.

1158 sounds quite high. When was that bowled? pre reactive days or post reactive days

Gotta read between the lines ...

If I appear to be a smart ass it's only because the bowling proprietors and manufacturers have allowed bowling to become this easy!

No offense to Justin..Congratulations are in order, considering the fact that this most likely IS the new Australian record. My hat goes off to you Justin.

Hell, way back in the past. Some 20 + years ago I averaged 237 for a full league season.
Were they blocked? YES!
Did I deserve it? NO!
But did anyone else beat it? I think not, so there ya go..
Congratulations JUSTIN!

I don't know you from a bar of soap but.........
Nice effort Justin 1111/4 at 277.75.
Most likely an Australian Record.

Lets just praise the kid for a moment for the fact that he actually shot it, lets face it you can only bowl on what your given - Correct
I dont give a toss how easy they are.......Its still a great effort.
A couple of years ago I bowled a whole game full of Solid 10-pins on Lanes 1-2 at Moonah - is that a record..........Aaaaaaaaaaghh Christ the lanes must have been too easy to leave 10-pins - I can't take any credit it sorry :roll:
WELL DONE ANYWAY :!:

That is a great effort shooting over 1100 for 4 games. Do you think that someone could post the games that were bowled. Thanks

I'm pretty sure Poppy Hughes holds the record, he started with 598 for 2 so if there was anyone who was going to set one, it would be with that sort of start.

I would also look at some of Brenton Daveys game totals from the 2001 Canberra Open, I beleive for the 6 games after qualifying he was averaging 270+ for 6 games.

Good scores but I don't think it is a record. The only record that I know is the 2 game one, which is conjointly held by Ann Marie and Ian Hughes at 598 I beleive.

hey just happened to speak to poppy today he said he never bowled that high over 4 games but did at one time hold the 2 game record but it was then beaten the next day or week he couldn't quite remember.

re possible aus record

the games bowled for justin were 245 299 289 278 bowled with a teal pro rhino which is around 12 yrs old

i hasten to say it but the teal pro aint 12 years old, they were the days before reactives
as for poppy hughes, i did say i wasnt sure.

congrats justin
i was there bowlin a few lanes down. lol made my 843 look like 450.
i dunno how old his balls actually are but they are pretty old.
justin is bowlin huge in that tuesday night league. Like ever1 is bowlin well but justin always is bowlin huge. hes bowled like a 300. 2 x 299's. heaps of 279's and 278's... 1084...1083...and now 1111.
no waonder hes winning

Damn!!!! Good to see one of the better juniors from the early 90's still around. Shooting 4/1000 once is hard enough. No flies on the Teal Rhino either, i believe one of the 900 series in the US was shot with one a couple years ago.

does anyone know

interested to know if anyone has found out if justins 1,111 series was a record. doesn't amf or the tba keep records of high games and series?
if so, is there a website where all records are kept?
if there isnt does anyone think there should be so people can look up the history of australian bowling
i've already done a few searches and i have found out that there is no such thing as an award for 1100 series for 4 games if an 1100 series was bowled before you would think that there would be an award for it.
i just think if it is an australian record shouldn't justin get something for it.

i think he does.
congratulations justin

well on the TBA's website *can already see the comments comming* they say on the about us or whatever the page is... i posted it on that other post.. hmm.. anyway they say 'keeping historical' stuff... or the likes.. anyway point is i already questioned it, and am still awaiting a reply :wink:

records etc

I have a few national records on my site, some of them may be super seeded by now.
I have entered Justins series as a pending record, quite sure someone will let me know if it there is a higher one. :)

Back
Top Bottom