Jason Pearson 862 3 Game Series - Record !!

Graham

Staff member
Queenslander Jason Pearson last night shot the highest sanctioned series on Australian soil at Milton Bowl in Brisbane, almost 2 years to the day since the previous record holder Derek Adams broke the old record with back to back 300's.

Bowling on Lanes 9 and 10 in the Milton All Stars Triples League, Pearson put together games of 297, 299 & 266 for an 862 series for 3 games, including 33 out of a possible 36 strikes. Pearson was a member of the 2004 South Queensland Rachuig side.

Pearsons 3 game series is now officially the highest series ever bowled in Australia. The highest series previously was junior Derek Adams with 858 ( 258 300 300 ) on February 11th 2003. The previous high series by an Adult bowler was 854 Steve Wimbridge ( 268 288 298 ). The highest by an Australian is 896 by Victorian Paul Trotter ( 300 298 298 ) in the first 3 games of the 2002 World Cup in Riga, Latvia.

ive heard of two 300 games being bowled against each other but im not sure what there other two games are.if i had to bet id say this is a record :p

Derek had a 852 I believe. 240odd-300-300-252
That whats I can remember anyway.
This could very well be the new Australian record for a 3-game Series
Later Da Cowman!

Derek had 858 i think (258 300 300), just topping Steve Wimbridge's 854 set ages ago. Dereks was the highest series by an Australian junior, but not sure whether it was the highest series by anyone on Australian soil.

Yes it does deserve to be recognised. And congratulations Jason from all at TBAQ. We are a couple of days late but sometimes we do lag a little :D

Don't know for sure where this stands record-wise, it is being looked at right now. One thing is for sure - it's a monstrous series, well bowled Jason.

Incidentally Jason, what ball or balls did you use?

I think it was just some old thing he brought out of the cupboard and dusted off, right Jase? :wink:

It was confirmed by TBA this morning, it is a new Australian record taking over from the prvious record set by Derek Adams when he threw back to back 300's.

Well done Jason!

i feel sorry for the guy that he musta creamed head to head... specially if the opponent only had a low 500-600 series. LOL

Back
Top Bottom