Northern NSW Open 2010

James Mc

Team Storm Australia
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in getting this up. I know we ran a pole and asked what dates to run the open this year, but due to very low responses and several people already booking somewhere to stay we have decided that the open will be held as advertised on the 17th - 19th of September 2010.

The format is unchanged from last year, as is the prize payout.

New entry form will be uploaded in the coming day or so.

We are now taking booking for squads starting with A squad on Friday through to J Squad Sunday Morning.

Entry fee is $180 for 2 squads includes Saturday night get together with finger food and drinks.
Extra squads are $55.00.
Sunday morning squads are a must pay squad to secure your spot and they are only open to 12 bowlers in each squad.

Looking forward to another great event.

You can call the centre to book in or leave your details here on Total Bowling.

Thanks
James
Holiday Lanes

Hi All,

Please find attached the entry for the 2010 Northern NSW Open.

A big thank you goes out to Jason Doust from Bowlers Edge for all his help with the entry form.

To book your squads you can leave a post on This forum or call the centre on:

02 6652 5666.

Regards
James

Attachments

• 2010 NNSW Open Final.pdf
    592.1 KB · Views: 109
Hi Matt,

I will get a squad list up in the next day or so.

We have about 15 names so far. Hope that helps.

James

I"ll be there with Ben Hynes, add us to some random squads on the Sat, after 11am, cheers mate

Hi James,

F&G for me please. That's two from Canberra, where's all those Sydney bludgers? ;-)

Cheers,
Jason

Hi All,

Please find attached squad listings.

Looking forward to plenty more names.

Regards
James

Attachments

• Northern NSW Open 2010.xls
    23 KB · Views: 103
james i thought i let you know that the same weekend this is on amf illawarra is holding a tounry for the youth at the moment im trying to make arrangements for a babysitter so i can come to this one
cheers matt

So sorry mate, I am being put on grave yard shift for the 17th... our center will be open all night, & my techs refuse to work it. Unless I can somehow get up before the last 2 squads on saturday, I may have to pull out. I'll keep you posted.

Hi All,

As I am sure you can see interest at this late stage in the Northern NSW Open is fairly low, for what reason we are not sure. Perhaps it is due to the NSW Open being the weekend before. However in the past the SPC has always been that same weekend without it impacting entries.

With all that said let me be clear in saying that we do not make any income at all from the event until we reach minimum entry numbers, at which point we take a small amount for lineage. Until that point the entire entry fee goes towards the prize fund.

The reason we host the event is for you the players and the love of the game.
If the event is not going to receive the support that is needed to make it a success it will leave us with no option other than to cancel another tournament.

I do not believe in advertising a prize fund and then changing it on the day of the event to an amount that is no reflection on the original, if people travel they have a right to know what they are playing for.

With that in mind I would like to thank all previous bowlers for their support in previous years and call on them to nominate for squads in this years event.
If we do not see a significant increase in interest over the next couple of days we will be forced to cancel this years Northern NSW Open.

A decision will be made by Monday morning so as notice can be given to traveling players.

I hope that we are not forced to take this regrettable action but I really so no other solution. If any one has any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at the bowling centre on 02 6652 5666.

We hope to see a stream of names on this forum of players wanting to enter.

Kind Regards
James

I would love to bowl this event but with recent trips overseas for Australian duties and two ranked events the weekends before, I can't make the trip up.

Hopefully the numbers improve over the next few days because this is a great event

james i hope this goes ahead but if it does not why not run a skins event later in the year like say november just i thought
cheers matt

Hi All,

After plenty of thought we have decided to cancel this years Northern NSW Open which was to be held on the weekend of the 17th-19th September.

We will review the dates for next year and see if we can find another part of the year that may work better.

Sorry to those that have supported this event since its inception 5 years ago. i hope we can come back bigger and better next year.

There is a chance that we will try and run a skins event it November possibly on the 20th. If there is any interest in something like this please let me know and I will see if we can make it happen.

Kind Regards
James

It is sad you had to cancel the tournament. I loved it last year but couldn't come up this year due to East Coast training day on the 19th. I hope you do run it again it is a great week end.

Hi James,

Any news on your skins event for this year.

Give me a call regarding sponsorship and lets see if we can get a date and get this great event going.

Back
Top Bottom