new female PM - your thoughts?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I think she went from being ugly to hot in one meeting, got to love women in power!

If they use it to backflip on the super tax, I won't be voting Labor next election!
If it is the case, 5-6 months or so will be a very short stint as PM! Maybe (another) Australian first!! ;)

just because you employ a new sales rep, doesn't make your product any
better...:confused:

I think she should be ashamed at the way things were done. She stabbed "her party's leader" in the back.

If they use it to backflip on the super tax, I won't be voting Labor next election!
If it is the case, 5-6 months or so will be a very short stint as PM! Maybe (another) Australian first!! ;)

Yep, decide your vote on something as stupid as that. Forget everything else like education, medical care and so on. Just create another tax or I am not voting for you.

Stupidity like that is what gets us these people as PM to start with.

Yep, decide your vote on something as stupid as that. Forget everything else like education, medical care and so on. Just create another tax or I am not voting for you.

Stupidity like that is what gets us these people as PM to start with.

Above comment is a bit of sour grapes regarding another thread me thinks! ;) O's and X's :D :D :D

It was in jest you tool! Too complex to explain to minors like yourself, though, comment was referring to the interview our new PM had during her announcement.

Maybe you didn't actually see it, let's hope that is the reason for your comment (hopefully it wasn't because the interview went over your head, as my comment obviously did)! FingersX'd

Above comment is a bit of sour grapes regarding another thread me thinks! ;) O's and X's :D :D :D

It was in jest you tool! Too complex to explain to minors like yourself, though, comment was referring to the interview our new PM had during her announcement.

Maybe you didn't actually see it, let's hope that is the reason for your comment (hopefully it wasn't because the interview went over your head, as my comment obviously did)! FingersX'd

Grow up retard.

I really dont care what you say to or about me in other threads same as I dont care what you say to or about me in this one.

If I see you post stupidity I will say so. Unfortunately it happens a lot.

Any one who has watched Julia Gillard speak in Parlament would know how well she performs. I for one have no doubt that she will do a good job as Prime Minister.

The thing that cant be forgoten is the way Kevin Rudd was treated.

Have no doubt about it if the Libs had been in power over the past three years Australia would have been in deep s...!

The thing that I cant get out of my mind is the ease with wihich the 'back room boys' removed a PM .. who says they wont do it again if they dont get what they want!

Any one who has watched Julia Gillard speak in Parlament would know how well she performs. I for one have no doubt that she will do a good job as Prime Minister.

Have no doubt about it if the Libs had been in power over the past three years Australia would have been in deep s...!

The thing that I cant get out of my mind is the ease with wihich the 'back room boys' removed a PM .. who says they wont do it again if they dont get what they want!

Can anyone say "Puppet of the Unions"? She knows who got her there and who she is beholden to.

Are you kidding if it wasn't for the economic position the previous government left this country in we would have and still would be suffering terribly from the GFC.

As for her speaking in Question time, it is nothing short of terrible. The only questions she answers are ones asked by Labor MPs, when asked a question by a Lib/Nat MP she evades any proper answer like the plague.

By stepping down Captain KRUDD has just guaranteed a change of government at the next election because if Gillard gets voted in the country is SCREWED in a big way.

Mission accomplished!!! Inject politics into any discussion and away we go!

Now if I can somehow work a little religion into the topic the thread should go wild!

Re: new female PM - your thoughts?...Not really the right question!! It can easily be converted into a sensible / legitimate / relevant question by deleting the word "female".
Now, with reference to the revised question---Re: new PM - your thoughts?

You can all start again.

Hmmm... A lot of party rhetoric being regurgitated here on both sides. I guess if you keep telling the same lie long enough... (Just like Goebbels said!)

Francis Forde is Australia's shortest serving PM, at about a week, I think. (Long story - Google it.) Julia Gillard will do no worse, or better than the other guy on either side. It's just very sad that Kevin Rudd's term started with such promise. Just like the Americans say about when Obama was elected, I was proud to be an Australian again for a while, there.

As for the deficit, it's what responsible governments do to avoid recession, just like the lot before him built a surplus during a boom. And it worked rather well. Both sides did the right thing during their time and of course, bagged each other for it while in opposition.

As for "She's not elected by the people", well we don't have a presidential electoral system like the US. No Australian PM is elected by the people, despite what the campaigns suggest. They are elected by their electorates and then their parties, then turned into brands by their advertising agencies. Yep, what happened to Kevin07 is pretty awful, but that's party politics.

I think (and to be frank, hope) that she'll be a great leader. I've always thought she was alright George. But I'm such a sucker for a really smart girl! ;)

Back
Top Bottom