Cara & SPC

C

Cat_Woman

Could some one please advise me if Cara Honeychurch is classified as a Professional Bowler?

Because if she is, should she be allowed to bowl in South Pacific?

Don't get me wrong, I think Cara is the greatest bowler, :lol: but what chance does any female have of winning?

The guys must be thanking their lucky stars that there is a men's & women's division. :D

So if she does win the women's division, is she allowed to represent Australia at the World Cup?

I hope that noone is offended by this post, but I was just wondering what the situation was. Thanks :)

There is nothing in the tournament rules about not allowing people belonging to a professional organisation to participate. It only says they have to be a member of TBA (which I am sure Cara is). The only thing is if she wins the female section I'm pretty sure she is not eligiable to participate at the World Cup because of her status.

what chance does any female bowler have of winning

Every tournament bowler knows that sometimes you have a good day, and other times you have a not so good day........Whilst there are no doubts whatsoever about the ability that Cara has, who's to say she will have good day? If those sort of negative thoughts are already in the back of your mind BEFORE you have even started the tournie, then perhaps you shouldn't go in it. Every lady who has entered the SPC has done so with a belief in their own ability (same for the blokes) to knock down as many pins as they can ..........and there are a lot of ladies in that field with the talent and ability to win. There have been a lot of races where the favourite has been pipped at the post by a long shot!!!

Good luck to everyone bowling at SPC

Broni :wink:

Thanks to both replies to my post. :D

As I said I have nothing against Cara. I actually have always admired the bowler she is & do strive to throw the consistent shot that she does. :D

Broni, that is so true about favorites being pipped at the post. And as you said some days you have a good tournament, the next it could be your worse. :(

The negative thoughts aren't in the back of my mind, because I'm still going to give it 100% & if that's not good enough, at least I know I was beaten by a much better bowler on the day.

Thank you for your thoughts on this, it has helped me to think about it in a whole new light. I'm looking forward to SPC now with the attitude of doing the best that I can.

Good Luck to everyone & to yourself Broni if you are bowling SPC. :D

good on you, Cat.....give it all you have, and some for me too!!! :D

I would dearly love to have the talent and ability to be able to bowl SPC, or tournaments like them...who knows, maybe one day!!! :cry:

go get 'em!!!

Broni 8)

Hey Broni,

I've been bowling for nearly 15 years & I love the game. :D
I bowl 2-3 times a week & bowl in a few tournaments a month.
It took me along time to finally get to know what I'm doing wrong or right when I bowl a shot.
I've improved my average by nearly 20 pins this year & I finally have the confidence to bowl in big tournaments like SPC.

I'm going to give it my best shot & hopefully that will be good enough. :D

And maybe one day, you too could come & bowl SPC. It only takes a little determination & a little bit of hard work & you'll get there. All the best Broni.

Cat :wink:

Hi Guys and Girls,
On the subject of Cara bowling SPC and World Cup
if she happens to win SPC. As stated above, she will be allowed
to bowl SPC but in the event she wins the tournament
she will be ineligable to attend the World Cup due to her
Professional status. It would be the same situation as
a number of years back when Dana Miller-Mackie won SPC
and Carol Gianotti ran 2nd. Both women were members
of the Pro. Tour and as such, 3rd place Jenni Hertrick
from Qld was our rep. to the World Cup. I urge all those
ladies who were thinking of bowling SPC and are now
not to sure....to infact still bowl. It doesnt happen often
that we can compete against the best in the world and
it would have to be a great learning experience if nothing
else.

pro's n cons

Skippy is 100% correct

Cara wouldnt be eligible to represent in the World Cup IF she was to win SPC, as sad as it is with the soon demise of the Womens Professional Circuit, it is selfishly a great thing for Australian bowling.

I BELIEVE ALL 3 WOMEN NEED TO SERVE A 2 OR 3YR GRACE BEFORE ELIGIBLE FOR TOURNAMENTS SUCH AS FIQ & WORLD CUP
This is the real tragedy when professional tennis, cricket (& other sports) can particpate in the Olympic Games and we cant field our best players in the World Cup or FIQ Comps

Can u imagine this year and so on having Carol, Cara and Max playing in all the events and who knows perhaps a few of the American girls may be enticed having a vacation down under around the time of some of our events, wouldnt that be fantastic

With any luck a tour will start up next year, or they will be allowed to bowl against the guys. Seeing some of the girls results in the US masters the last couple yrs and Liz Johnson finishing 2nd to Steve Jaros in the Foundation Games at the Kegel training centre tells me that some of them could make a go of it.

Back
Top Bottom