I thought Cara wasn't bowling anymore

griggsy

The Bowlers Journal reported from Las Vegas, Nev. that Cara Honeychurch from Australia won the $25,000 USBC Women's Challenge title. You can watch the matches on Mondays on ESPN 2 beginning Sept. 11. Check your local listings for specific times and channel information. The United States Bowling Congress has decided not to post results before the airing date. The dates are Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 25, Oct. 2 and Oct. 9.

"article taken from www.bowlingdigital.com"

I thought Cara didn't bowl anymore? Or has some one just typed this up to try and get people to watch the telecast on tv?If I'm wrong and Cara did bowl and win this then congrats Cara.

Goooo Cara...

She has been training @ Oz tenpin Greensborough lanes for the past 2 or so months, mainly on a house shot, but also on a shot I train on, similar to the PBA Shark Pattern.

After saying "this pattern is sooo tight, I'm waiting to leave a 5 pin playing this far inside" (playing 18 board) she then runs the next 9 strikes with a 5 year old dead bowling ball..... Utterly amazing bowler!

Yes, she was definately there..

Not only is she the best lefty in Australian Bowling history, she is also one of the nicest people i've ever met. A true assett to Australian Bowling! Congrats Cara!

Cara wins in America

Hot off Bowlingdigital

United States
Cara Honeychurch wins $25,000 in USBC Women's Challenge

The Bowlers Journal reported from Las Vegas, Nev. that Cara Honeychurch from Australia won the $25,000 USBC Women's Challenge title. You can watch the matches on Mondays on ESPN 2 beginning Sept. 11. Check your local listings for specific times and channel information. The United States Bowling Congress has decided not to post results before the airing date. The dates are Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 25, Oct. 2 and Oct. 9.

Realated article: Field of 16 set for USBC Women's Challenge.

And to think they had to talk her into bowling this because she didnt think she had bowled enough.

I think there is probably a few tornement bowlers in Australia that hope she slids back into retirement lol

Phil

griggsy said:
I thought Cara didn't bowl anymore? Or has some one just typed this up to try and get people to watch the telecast on tv?If I'm wrong and Cara did bowl and win this then congrats Cara.

She's had the bowling bug for a while, she did say this was only a brief comeback.

Well done Coach!! We're all proud of you!!

Petroula

Well done Cara:D

Haha you told me you were excited about going over, I can only imagine how excited you are now. Not bad for a (Retired bowler).

Can't wait to catch up when you get back.

Frosty:rolleyes:

You can watch the matches on Mondays on ESPN 2 beginning Sept. 11. Check your local listings for specific times and channel information. The United States Bowling Congress has decided not to post results before the airing date. The dates are Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 25, Oct. 2 and Oct. 9.

Firstly, well done Cara
Don't forget the first airing of this is today

We'll definately be tunning in

If anyone is getting ESPN 2 I would be very surprised. If you read the quotes from the USBC that is the channel it is referring to which is not the ESPN channel that we get here. We only get the main ESPN channel.

That would probably be why it's not listed in the Foxtel program guide???

We'll probably see it in about 10-11 months time at 3.00 in the morning, considerately spread out over about 4 months... yay to cable/satellite tv in australia. (sarcasm intended...)

I have the matches.........
If anyone is really nice to me, and they ask politely in a pm, (perhaps even title it "I love you tonx") I may be willing to hook some totalbowlers up with some footage... even Cara's match. Ill be uploading them over the next couple of days, so it is a work in progress atm, but shouldnt take long...

As the files are about 260mg, please only contact if you have broadband...
Love yas lots
Tonx...

Back
Top Bottom