Question.

W

Wiseoldman

I love watching good bowling, I went into a centre tonight where some high profile players bowl. I was interested in these new balls that went crazy at the nationals. I went to Tasmania to watch my daughter bowl, and these balls looked amazing.

I came home and my daughter said that the likes of Carl, Jason and I think his name was Brian, (sorry my daughter called him something else) were sponsored by I think BB and that they all bowl with this new ball, and I should go watch them in action. So she took me to the bowl, and I walked up and down, couldn't find Carl but I found the other two male bowlers, and to my surprise they weren't bowling with this new ball. I did find one man that bowled with this new ball and it looked good, I must say I thought sponsored bowlers got the gear first to show it off to the likes of my daughter and myself. Just wondering how all the sponsorship works? Who on this site is sponsored and do you get your balls before all the public ?

On a final note, I got the name on the guy here in Queensland that I can get one of these balls from for my daughter, thanks to the kind man that gave me the gents phone number.

Ron

Depending on the ball and the condition, probably find that it wasnt suited to use on the night (or simply at that point in time). Did you actually stop and ask them about it? pilko (brian) and jase are pretty cool guys, wouldnt have minded if you asked them a couple of questions about their gear.

Generally they do, but again, it still comes down to what you can use on the day. Over here you will find its usually sponsorship in terms of goods and services. There are a few people on here sponsored by max, just have to do a bit of a search for his threads announcing new people.

If it was something you were after from bowl balls australia, could always send max a message. http://totalbowling.com.au/forum/member.php?u=3003

Thanks for the reply samael, no my daughter approached one of the gents, to which he replied he hasn't recieved his ball yet. I will just have to go back in the bowl in a few weeks time to see if these gents are throwing the new balls then. I would love to see it in Carl's hand, been watching him bowl since he was a young lad.
And thanks for Max's details but they said I could get one here in Brisbane, same day service.

Hello Tonx,

The color of the ball was green and black, I watched one guy bowl with his last night. Just my main question is how does sponsorship work ? I mean my daughter has watched the some sponsored bowlers bowl with all different balls in the past and when she has approached them about the ball, they say within a month it will be here in Australia. I mean these green and black balls are out in Australia and people are bowling with them, all but the bowlers that are sponsored. I know my daughter was going to appraoch them to talk to them about the ball but I told her not too, I mean what is the point they dont even have one to tell her how the balls goes.

Sponsorship works differently with different companies.

The ball you are talking about is the Immortal solid. Bowling Balls Australia was one of the first distributors worldwide to get these balls in. I know for a fact, that as they have been in massively popular demand overseas, Visionary were only able to send limited numbers this way. Max worked his butt off to get the best of the bunch out here as quickly as possible, and even paid extra shipping to get them here for the guys at nationals!

I think its great that BBA puts its customers ahead of their staffers. The initial demand for the balls over here was also quite large, and the small allocation that was sent, was provided to those that matter most to a company, the customers.

I know that there is quite a nice shipment of the Immortal Solids on their way shortly, and the staffers will get theirs at first available opportunity, but I would be very surprised if this pattern doesn't continue in the future.

With Max, as well as his staffers and distributors, it always comes down to Customers first!

Hope this helps mate!

Hello Tonx,
I know my daughter was going to appraoch them to talk to them about the ball but I told her not too, I mean what is the point they dont even have one to tell her how the balls goes.

Mate,
First things first....next time you ever have a question about any product, always ask a staff member, its their job to help you in any way they can.

Now to your question!
Bowling balls are very similar to golf clubs, you might hear Tiger Woods has a brand new driver, but if all the holes are to short in length for him to use it, he simply wont use it. Same with bowling balls, if the condition that is on the lane doesn not match the bowler with the ball, no point a sponsored player using it if he wont bowl well. So he will wait for the right time to use it.

In the future, always asked the question about a product you want to know more about, you just never know that the answer you get might be different to what you first thought!

Jason Belmonte

Thanks Tonx and Jason for your support in your answers.

As a general rule of thumb our sponsored players get their gear first, for exactly the reason Wiseoldman asked about, to showcase to the bowling public.

In this instance things were slightly different to the point where there is a huge demand for these balls and they were ideally suited to the Nationals in Tasmania over the past few weeks. Furthermore, that was the ideal place to showcase the ball at the time. Please bear in mind, they were only released worldwide the second week of Nationals. It was simply a timing issue, if the balls had been released 2 weeks earlier, or if Nationals had been delayed for 2 weeks just so the Queensland staffers could have their balls first, we would not be writing in this thread.

As our allocation was very small in the first instance, and we had several pre-orders for people wanting them for Nationals, these people were supplied as soon as we could provide them. As it is, we were still a few short of demand in the early days.

Secondly, for varying reasons Brian, Jase and Pilko were unable to make the trip to Hobart this year & therefore, their respective needs were not that urgent. (In fact, Pilko was supplied one, but preferred different specs to the one we provided, so his new one is on it's way right now).

To prove a little point Wiseoldman, you noticed them at Nationals, but if we had supplied the Queensland staffers first instead of our pre-order customers in Hobart, you would still be none the wiser !!!!!

I am sure that if you had spoken to Jase or Brian or Carl or Kate or Michael or Paul or Andrew or Ashley or Tracey or Tonx or our Junior and Youth Development squad bowlers or the plethora of tournament bodies and association teams we sponsor, you would have found that in 99.99999999% of instances our people are backed and catered for to the enth degree.

Tonx is right, we are finalising a big shipment with Visionary tonight, so all going to plan by late next week or early the week after, there will be plenty for everyone.

Max

Sponsorship works differently with different companies.
The ball you are talking about is the Immortal solid. Bowling Balls Australia was one of the first distributors worldwide to get these balls in. I know for a fact, that as they have been in massively popular demand overseas, Visionary were only able to send limited numbers this way. Max worked his butt off to get the best of the bunch out here as quickly as possible, and even paid extra shipping to get them here for the guys at nationals!
I think its great that BBA puts its customers ahead of their staffers. The initial demand for the balls over here was also quite large, and the small allocation that was sent, was provided to those that matter most to a company, the customers.
I know that there is quite a nice shipment of the Immortal Solids on their way shortly, and the staffers will get theirs at first available opportunity, but I would be very surprised if this pattern doesn't continue in the future.
With Max, as well as his staffers and distributors, it always comes down to Customers first!
Hope this helps mate!
As someone who is a customer of BBA i cant wrap Max enough, i was one of the lucky ones who had one of these ball delievered in time to use at the nationals.

Wiseoldman from someone who has one of these balls, id have to say if you or your daughter buy an Immortal solid u wont regret.

cheers
cam

Back
Top Bottom