Pocket Leave of the Century

GBS

More than a newbie
After 35 plus years of the game I thought I had seen it all in "Leaves"

I took my 4 year old grand daughter bowling and because, throwing the ball is not an option just yet, we used the "ramp" and I was explaining about"angles......... in general terms.........to a 4 year old.

Down went the mighty 6lb ball into the left hand pocket, high but in the left side. Crash, pins went everywhere,.......well 4 of them. As the dust settled, the............7...8...9...10...,2...6 was still standing for a big four count.

"Thats a first" I said, "I have never seen that before."

Remembering about angles the grand daughter said " Lets get the angle right Pop, so we can spare it" the grand daughter said.

So we set the mighty ramp so the mighty 6 lb ball could go on its journey.

It spared the lot. The grand daughter was beside herself, I was amazed and the crowd, high "fived" her for the next ten minutes.

It was the tenth frame, why we had an extra go was another story.She made 111.

The things that happen when you havn't got a camera. Oh well.

Hi all,
Yeah well last night at caboolture BRANDO crunched the pocket for a wonderfull 8 9 leave.Unfortunately I missed it, but the roar from lanes 1 & 2 were loud and clear............You must have really impressed them Brando..

CHEERS :lol:

i saw the 1-5-7-10 today at school sport yes thats right, shame no one else around me knew how rare it was then he didnt hit a single pin trying to spare it

Well, in just 1 night at AMF Cannington (WA), i managed to see:
- a 7-8-9
- a 5-6-7
- and a 6-7-8
and that was only between 2 pairs of lanes :shock:

i cant remeber if they were pocket shots, but i thought they deserved a mention anyway

Bowling in The Launceston Lanes lock-in last Friday night and I tried for the whole 3-games to leave a 5-7-10 so as I could run it out across 10-lanes for a bit of laugh......well it didn't happen. :eek:
Then having a practice shot with an 8lb house-ball afterwards (two fingers and no thumb) I've snapped one back off the 1-board only to leave a.....*cough*...*cough*......4-5-7-10 :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

i think the worse thing i've left from a "pocket" shot was one thursday night at cannington lanes a few months back. was one of those nights where i couldn't do a thing right, so i decided to shoot over 20 in the hope of something decent happening. and being a lefty it wasn't a good idea, as the ball skidded with nothing on it, hit only a little bit light and left a very nice
3-5-6-7-10 :oops: :oops: :oops:

Preview Tournie 1990

Ossie Park Lanes 1&2.
Bowling with Steve Lovell and Ian Bradford.
Back from the gutter, Blue Nitro 16Lbs, sub 2 seconds..Flush...7-8-9-10.
Never have worked that one out.
Stax
BTW
climbed under the ball rack and hide for 20 minutes.

Weird Leaves

I have a mate that left a 2-3-7-10 from a pocket shot.
Wasn't there to see it but apparently pins flew everywhere and when everything stopped there it was.

Strangest leave i've had lately was a 3-4-9 from a brooklyn hit and to top it off i overcut the spare to leave the 3 just lying on the deck in front of the 4. :oops:
Bet i won't get another chance at sparing that! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom