Quick Question on Subs in League

krdavis

I bowl in a league (we all do!) - one of the members of my tam cannot bowl and I am going to sub my 9yo daughter. She has TBA membership as she already bowls in a junior league. Can she sub ??? and can she bring tehe average from her junior league ????????

Some leagues do have restrictions on who can sub for example one league I know of had a rule that meant a sub had to have an average +/- 10 pins of the player they were replacing. This rule was put into the league's constitution at the begining of each season. If there is no restriction in a constitution and her lague average was established in a league bowled without bumpers then have fun!

As a parent I had great joy in bowling in teams with my children - and they loved beating me (still do!)

Regards
Janey

Yes she can and she will probably do better than you, after this week consider withdrawing and allowing her to bowl another league :D

I'll be honest, I've seen Keith bowl and I've watched his daughter bowl a junior league at Chermside, I clearly know who the better bowl is and its not Keith! :D

Thats a really interesting question.
At the last count (July) Chermside Bowl had less than 20 registered TBA members.
Unless there has been a sudden surge in membership there is probably not a sanctioned league in Chermside.
However I have no idea how this affects subbing other than that obviously TBA rules cant apply if a League is not sanctioned.

Dont shoot the messenger, that number comes directly from the State data bank.

Check your league constitution. If there is nothing there about subs then your daughter can sub for you but for most leagues I know she will need to establish her average in your league i.e. she can't use her other league average to start and will be treated as a new bowler for average purposes.

Age usually has no relevance unless covered in your league constitution. TBA rules do not apply age restrictions to leagues unless they are specifically junior/senior leagues.

Interesting point - I know here TBA membership was paid and she has the paper receipt - albeit dated feb this year and still no laminated tba card...

Anyway - She did bowl last night and I did see a few people checking the rules....

Any George - You are absolutley right - she is a better bowler than me, which makes her a better bowler than you too I guess.... :)

Cheers
KD ....

Thats a really interesting question.
At the last count (July) Chermside Bowl had less than 20 registered TBA members.
Unless there has been a sudden surge in membership there is probably not a sanctioned league in Chermside.
However I have no idea how this affects subbing other than that obviously TBA rules cant apply if a League is not sanctioned.
Dont shoot the messenger, that number comes directly from the State data bank.

Interesting point - I know here TBA membership was paid and she has the paper receipt - albeit dated feb this year and still no laminated tba card...
Anyway - She did bowl last night and I did see a few people checking the rules....
Any George - You are absolutley right - she is a better bowler than me, which makes her a better bowler than you too I guess.... :)
Cheers
KD ....
same here i paid my assoicate membership in april
and just have the paper reciept.

Cam the TBAQ office is closed today (showday holiday) but I do know that Kelly works on a 2 - 3 day turnaround.
It sounds as if the data is not reaching the State Office.
Thursday morning will tell us more..
Actually Cam - Associate Membership details dont go to State Office you need to take that up with the Centre.

krdavis said:
Ninja 299 said:
same here i paid my assoicate membership in april
and just have the paper reciept.
Ahh that happens there too does it?
I paid mine in early February and haven't got the card yet.
Might get it in time for next year.....

Back
Top Bottom