Subs

H

hobbsie

In a doubles league a player pre-bowled 2 games only of a 4 game series and then had a sub bowl the 3rd and 4th games of series. Could not find anything in the TQI standard league constitution.I am the president of this league and need advice on what to do re this situation.
Situation 2
Same doubles league a team started the night with a sub for 2 games and then regular player turns up and bowls games 3 & 4.Is this acceptable and if not what should be done.

I don't see how this can possibly be acceptable. If your league runs only under the TQI constitution, and not the TBA Rulebook, then it probably won't help... but either way check out www.tenpin.org.au and look up rules and regulations, TBA Rule Book. See what it says in there, and maybe apply that in this situation.

I cannot see how this can be allowed, and if I was the opposition team I would be questioning it, unless there was a pretty good reason.

Sounds a bit dodge but anyway.

As a former president of a league over here in west oz i can safely say that the scores should not stand.
If you had a player prebowl only two of the four games then the team would have to use a blind score. as stipulated in the TBA Rule book.

I know from my standpoint the bowler in question would of been added as a bllind score for the full duration of that weeks series.

Just my point of view Steve

I agree gnome...
if this sort of subbing was allowed then teams would turn up with at least one sub of a different style, so when the lane starts carrying down for the stroker the cranker can come in and shoot a fresher line or vice versa, it is simply unfair i think!
the same format goes for our leagues, if for any reason a player cannot complete their series, the games that haven't been completed will use their blind score.
Hope it works out for you Hobbsie
R

Back
Top Bottom