Need major advise

PoITeR

Bowl-A-Holic
Ok guys I need some advise.

Not many people know me hear, i bowled down in canberra in the brunswick cup and came last,( not to concerned as i bowled crap). Now my thing is this i bowl with 15lb balls, Visonary Frankie may, Time zone and a Kick zone.

Now i tend to think i need to go down in weight to start with but trying to get the right advise on which ball to look at, I am looking at getting a ball so i can shoot down about 10-15 board and swing it in, i can not bowl accross the lanes as i have a fast swing but can never get the thumb out like i am suppose to and it dont look good going down the lane.

Please help a old fart

imho, i would speak to a good coach or a very good driller and have a look at your delivery to see just what is going wrong with your thumb. The number of times i have seen a tweak to a drilling or a delivery result in major improvements, its just staggering. Seriously i have known people to bowl for 10 years only to find the right person who makes it all fall into place. Some people like to grip with their numb naturally because of wanting a good grip on the ball, but you can counteract that somewhat by changing the pitch.

Do you physically struggle with 15lb? do you feel tired through the course of your game and does fatigue set in? if you already have a fast swing changing to a lighter ball may see you ball speed increase to warp speed zones, so it may upset things and introduce a lack of carry into your game.

Id have a think about it, then id look at new equipment. Otherwise if you want to ignore the above, with your shot id be looking for something pretty aggressive with a fair bit of flare potential, but you want it to roll up a little earlier as your ball speed is going to give you a lot of length anyway, so you shouldnt have a problem with a lack of energy (rolling out) when it reaches the backend.

IMO you should contact Cheryl Munson at North Strathfield, she'll sort out any drilling and technical problems you are having.

Shoey

I went from 15lb back to 14lb and im not an old fart. :shy: was the best thing i have done for my bowling in my short time .
I just struggled to throw a 15lb consistently..

lol i have been finding throwingh the 15 to be inconsistant, but what i was also hoping for people to sujust some good balls as well

PoITeR....

My suggestion is to forego any new equipment purchases and spend the money on some top notch instruction instead. From how you've described your technique, I'm sure that with the right coach and some dedicated training on your part, you'll be up to par in no time.

Poiter, I'm with Wayne on this, the money spent on a new ball would be better spent on Coaching.

The way your describing your release tells me you need a better fit, so find a good Driller, there are a lot of BAD ball drillers out there.

I know Cheryl is top notch, so if she does'nt drill your equipment than just seek out her advise, she will tell you if it is drilled o/k.

As for weight, it can be personal, but the top women use 15, the difference between carry for 15 and 16 pound balls is minimal but it does reduce the lighter you go.

willey

if u go lighter u mite not cary the best depends on how much hook u throw/ how much angle u have to the pocket.(i did bowl with 15 pound) i now bowl with 14 pound but i throw alot of role so my angle and speed are corect(some times) but wen i started out using 14 pound it took a while to get use to carring well but if u dont throw role get some thing that bites a bit and get a good drilling on it !helps!. but as well seek advice from outer people/coaches advice is the best tool use it.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom