Best Low Hook Balls for Lanes with Little Oil????

Can you list them please? I'm in the market for a ball with a stronger backend reaction than the Storm stuff. Thanks.
Lane#1 Buzz Bomb Carnage - jumps off the spot like it got burnt! Ker-azy! Will definitely improve your strike rate when you hit the pocket and split shooting when you don't!

What I refer to as a CB Radio ball. 10-4, 10-4, 10-4... Every shot is 10 or 4! Bit like the old Storm Core Power HRG. Definitely the most outrageous backend-ing ball I've ever seen!

Hey, Jason,

I can do that 10-4, 10-4, 10-4 thing with anything, and everything, from a house ball up.

Do you think that I have some, until now undiscovered, special talent?

Jim

What's he got to worm out of? It is common knowledge that the majority of Storm/Roto balls have a stronger backend than a lot of other companies.

The way this thread is going, I think this says it all...

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Whatever Michael. You said it, I quoted it. You can try and worm out of it however you want.
Dude, seriously, of course I said it, it is in black n white or whatever colour your computer displays it in. Not worming out of anything chief. You asked for an explanation of sorts, I gave it. Simple.

But just to reiterate:
1. Storm equipment has a general characteristic of being clean through the front and big on the backends. In particular, their entry level balls, which this thread relates too.
2. With a strong backend motion, this can be both a positive and negative depending what the OP, is after. Increased entry angle can assist with kicking out flat corners.
3. Having only bowled with one Storm ball, even you can understand you have limited knowledge and personal experience of such
4. Compared to some other brands, the Storm gear is strong, but this doesn't preclude other brands from also having a strong backend as a general characteristic of their range
5. All companies make good and bad balls over time, but stuffs me why you would bother rubbishing a particular brand on a forum when you may have just had one ball you didn't like be ause of how it was drilled etc, who knows? Maybe they just don't suit you but doesn't mean the brand is garbage.

I think the double face palm sums it up. Next!

I asked for an explanation Michael? I believe I said "compared to what?".

I constantly tell others to quote me instead of making up ****. They can't. Yet when I actually do quote something that someone actually posted it is wrong. It just goes to show the mentality on here. The same people day in, day out, making up and saying whatever they want with no-one to question it.

I am terribly sorry I question the constant drone on here that holds back tenpin bowling.
I am sorry I question the attitude of so many on here that is automatically against anything that may point out where something is going wrong and they don't want to hear it.

If you lot are in fact those who may be able to do something for the sport then you really need to take a good hard look at yourselves. Do something for the sport instead of your own self interest. Listen to other opinions instead of dismissing them and continuing on the path the sport is on. Or, keep going the way you are and the sport will keep stagnating. There is nothing wrong with the sport that an attitude change wont fix. I may be totally wrong or completely right with my opinion but you as a group need to listen to all opinions to get somewhere.

Oops, sorry again. You didn't want to hear that either.

I still say the Grenade is best ball out there at the moment for dry-medium conditions.

What's he got to worm out of? It is common knowledge that the majority of Storm/Roto balls have a stronger backend than a lot of other companies.

The way this thread is going, I think this says it all...

DoubleFacePalm.jpg
I just thought maybe this should go up again?

Hey, Jason,

I can do that 10-4, 10-4, 10-4 thing with anything, and everything, from a house ball up.

Do you think that I have some, until now undiscovered, special talent?

Jim
Hey Jim,

Your latent talent appears to be misreading my post, which upon re-reading through the lens of your post, is rather ambiguous. I meant; 10-count, 4-count off the nose, 10-count, 4-count off the nose, 10-count, 4-count off the nose, da capo in perpetuum. (Pardon my pig-Latin!)

Apologies for the confusion. If however, I am reading your post correctly, your other "10-4 talent" may be an X-Man-like mutant power of Frustration! Side effects may include a heavily calloused toe from kicking things.

Cheers,
Jason

I asked for an explanation Michael? I believe I said "compared to what?". Exactly when you said compared to what, is when you asked for an explanation, you were asking me to qualify my statement and I believe that I did

I constantly tell others to quote me instead of making up ****. They can't. Yet when I actually do quote something that someone actually posted it is wrong. It just goes to show the mentality on here. The same people day in, day out, making up and saying whatever they want with no-one to question it. Never said what you quoted from my post was wrong, as I said, it is there for all to see, up in lights. I think you are being fairly picky, it isn't some legal argument where the turn of phrase could make a difference. The general gist is you asked me to qualify my statement, I paraphrased what you had posted, big deal, semantics really when the general gist is still the same, in reality, all I was doing in the first place was adding a possible benefit to using the Storm Tropicals as an entry level ball because (and this is fairly well known industry wide) the Storm gear is strong on the backend and is stronger than other brands. I did also say each brand has their own general characteristics and never said Storm was the strongest, just that they were stronger in backend reaction to some other brands. I am not some brainless moron who is on any particular brands bandwagon as you seem to think some people are, I have used many other brands over the years and do study quite a lot of other brands that I see other bowlers use. I am however quite comfortable bowling within the Roto Grip/Storm range of equipment. IMO and it is my opinion, I believe they have the most balanced and widest range of equipment today. Why not have a dig at Dousty too because he went against you as well by saying there are generally no bad balls on the market today?

I am terribly sorry I question the constant drone on here that holds back tenpin bowling.
I am sorry I question the attitude of so many on here that is automatically against anything that may point out where something is going wrong and they don't want to hear it. It is fine to question things as long as you provide a balanced and valid point to question, when you have little knowledge to qualify your original statement that they are rubbish, you are kind of shooting your credibility in the foot. How could anyone tell that a particular brand of ball is 'garbage' from using just one ball from their entire range? And to be honest, there are very few posts IMO where you do actually provide a balanced argument or explain your intent succinctly enough for people to not get their back up about it. You yourself have just sat here being an awesome keyboard warrior because you took exception to me not qualifying myself like the latest edition of the encyclopaedia.

If you lot are in fact those who may be able to do something for the sport then you really need to take a good hard look at yourselves. Do something for the sport instead of your own self interest. Listen to other opinions instead of dismissing them and continuing on the path the sport is on. Or, keep going the way you are and the sport will keep stagnating. There is nothing wrong with the sport that an attitude change wont fix. I may be totally wrong or completely right with my opinion but you as a group need to listen to all opinions to get somewhere. Seriously WTF? I can agree to a point that you will always have people who have a vested self interest in this sport or any sport to be honest, but I can guarantee you, I will take a massive exception if this statement is a thinly veiled address to myself. Be careful in a response if you choose to do so. But I would like you to qualify this further and give examples please. I don't recall many valid points or examples of people trying to improve the sport having their ideas shot down or being dismissed, but that is life in general, happens everywhere. Some of the best ideas have never seen the light of day. Doesn't mean people don't try or have in this case, bowling's best interests at heart.

Oops, sorry again. You didn't want to hear that either. Sorry, I don't follow.

I still say the Grenade is best ball out there at the moment for dry-medium conditions. The Grenade is a great ball for drier conditions or short sport patterns, no one said it wasn't. I use mine quite a bit in league and some tournaments. Where it falls down is when the lanes burn a little in the heads and midlane stripping the energy and backend reaction which can leave you with flat 10s or 7s depending what hand you bowl with. Urethane balls have always had a gradual motion to them, never the skid, roll, snap your neck reaction of today. A polished entry level reactive ball will 9/10 times get through the heads and midlane better everytime, it then just becomes a matter of what backend reaction you require or want. Entry angle becomes important when lanes burn out.

I am not sure what else you expect me to say to be honest.

Michael, nice little rant but where in that post of mine did I refer to yourself other than the first line? And I did not ask for an explanation, I said "compared to what?". All that requires is a straight comparison or mention of a ball or 2. It does not require you to try and put words in my mouth or to twist it to say what you think it says. If I want to write something else I will. I like the way you accuse me of being "very picky" when you have taken something so simple and turned it into an essay to justify why you didn't read what was posted in the first place.

It might also be a good idea for you to look at the bigger picture when trying to discredit someone. Just because I have only had one Storm ball does not mean I have not spoken to others who use them or seen them in use hundreds/thousands of times. I have bowled both home and away enough that yeah, I do have a bit of an idea what goes on. But I forgot myself again, how dare I question anyone on here or voice an opinion that may differ.

"Be careful in a response"? lol

The trouble with your whole post is you didn't read mine. It is not directed at a single person. Mine is directed at the people on here who constantly put down anyone who has a different opinion or mentions something they don't want to hear. It is directed at the sheep who sit in the background and then come out and post stupidity to try and support whoever sticks to the narrow minded approach these forums have.

It is also good to see posts left up that are irrelevant to the topic. Some of mine in this thread are not related to the topic and there are a lot more in this thread that are not relevant but as long as they support the view of a few it seems to be ok.

Hey Jim,

Your latent talent appears to be misreading my post, which upon re-reading through the lens of your post, is rather ambiguous. I meant; 10-count, 4-count off the nose, 10-count, 4-count off the nose, 10-count, 4-count off the nose, da capo in perpetuum. (Pardon my pig-Latin!)

Apologies for the confusion. If however, I am reading your post correctly, your other "10-4 talent" may be an X-Man-like mutant power of Frustration! Side effects may include a heavily calloused toe from kicking things.

Cheers,
Jason

No, no confusion. Your 'da capo in perpetuum' has it 'on the nose' as it were.
Toe is OK. One just has to get used to 180s instead of 220s. On reflection though, I wouldn't mind being an X man, or even a XXXX man.

Lol, do you like arguing for the sake of it? I wonder? I never said the Storm stuff was the strongest or most angular on the market. What is there to not understand that we are talking about entry level equipment that in this case, the Storm Tropical ranges, that have the general characteristic of getting through the heads and midlane well but also having a strong backend motion, which sometimes isn't the worst thing in the world.

In an overall comparison, the Storm gear most definitely has a more angular reaction to say Ebonite, Columbia, some Hammer balls, definitely Brunswick, but majority of the DV8 gear has angular backend reaction, Track has angular backend reactions, Roto Grip is only just behind the Storm stuff. Of course all balls can be drilled as such but the general characteristics of each brand don't change too often. Even Jason made mention of the Storm having strong backend motion. And for someone who says they are garbage and has only bowled with one Storm ball, I am presuming you would understand that you lack a little personal experience in determining your statement above.

Did you miss the above in red bold text, where Michael gives a comparison between brands?

I think we need a triplpe facepalm meme!!

Michael, nice little rant but where in that post of mine did I refer to yourself other than the first line? And I did not ask for an explanation, I said "compared to what?". All that requires is a straight comparison or mention of a ball or 2. It does not require you to try and put words in my mouth or to twist it to say what you think it says. I don't think I am the only one who construed your posts in the same way, who knows, maybe we are all more deficient in common sense than we thought? If I want to write something else I will. I thought you did already? I like the way you accuse me of being "very picky" when you have taken something so simple and turned it into an essay to justify why you didn't read what was posted in the first place. Sorry Chief, but I did provide a simple explanation and comparison with some other brands, as highlighted below, you decided you still didn't like my response and here we are, I never put words into your mouth, not my style sunshine, and sorry but you are very nitpicky when it suits you. Keep arguing about semantics.

It might also be a good idea for you to look at the bigger picture when trying to discredit someone. Just because I have only had one Storm ball does not mean I have not spoken to others who use them or seen them in use hundreds/thousands of times. I have bowled both home and away enough that yeah, I do have a bit of an idea what goes on. But I forgot myself again, how dare I question anyone on here or voice an opinion that may differ. Where have I discredited you, you yourself said you have only ever had one Storm ball and it was garbage, but until now, you have only just further qualified your statement by saying, I know plenty of people who also think the same and have been around to notice things too. Why not say so in the first place? I still stand by my statement that it is poor form to rubbish any brand of bowling ball in a public forum because you have had a bad experience with one. I don't like Brunswick equipment, they just don't suit me, but I certainly won't be on here bagging them out as they have been a iconic brand for many years and a lot of other bowlers bowl well with them.

"Be careful in a response"? lol Yes you should be, and regarding your line below, I did read your post, I was just making sure it wasn't a thinly veiled address to myself as you did address the following sentence of it to myself, if not, no problems, but you should qualify yourself when making such statements, if you feel marginalised, maybe you should take a look at the manner and information that you actually provide within your posts, qualify your statements further for the layman so to speak and then there can be no misunderstandings. No point taking exceptions to other peoples posts when you don't provide a proper structure to your own. Follow the common sense rule and if you are happy with it, then post it.

The trouble with your whole post is you didn't read mine. Pot kettle black? It is not directed at a single person. Mine is directed at the people on here who constantly put down anyone who has a different opinion or mentions something they don't want to hear. It is directed at the sheep who sit in the background and then come out and post stupidity to try and support whoever sticks to the narrow minded approach these forums have.

It is also good to see posts left up that are irrelevant to the topic. Some of mine in this thread are not related to the topic and there are a lot more in this thread that are not relevant but as long as they support the view of a few it seems to be ok.

Enjoy your day and I look forward to going around in circles a bit later. Actually, you can even have the final word on the matter, my common sense meter is running low and I think I am losing things in translation ;)

OK. Here's a comparison.

High End - Storm Virtual Gravity Nano vs. Lane#1 Buzz Bomb Carnage. The Lane#1 ball is outrageously more angular. But the Nano is a better ball in that it's far more versatile.
Mid Range - Storm Sure Fire vs Track 715A. The Track ball is much stronger off the spot.

Storm has balls that are very strong off the backend. A lot of companies do. What makes them bad is using them inappropriately, like on a fresh sport pattern, where motion control is paramount. Bowling balls aren't bad. People with the wrong bowling balls are bad!

So Jase...you are saying we should all go and buy Storm balls like everyone else does?

LOL! Just kidding.

Back
Top Bottom