What Ball Weight

magpi17

After participating in and following the last few threads re Unfair advantage (I don't want to continue debate on these) I am wondering if I could maybe grab some advice.
As posted I use a wrist peace sometimes because of a weak wrist and lack of coaching, its hard to get coaching at Taree and Im getting to old, but I listen to good advice which many people have offered me over time.
I know my technique is on the short side but I enjoy to bowl especially when the conditions are on the hard side so:
I currently use 15lb equipment, I can get a fair bit of movement with this but after about 4 or 5 games my wrist weakens and I get to the side of the ball, This is when I normally go for the roboarm!, I don't like it but I do it, now I will admit that I then get a shot that I can't normally get so a lot of adjustment is needed, I am not a big rever of the ball and the wrist piece slows down my shot so this is where I get the different shot from.
The question before I ramble to much is, would I be better off trying some 14lb balls to use when my wrist goes or would 14lb stuff be maybe better from the start?
Thanks for any constructive comments, I appreciate all advice.

Hi Neil,

I recently stepped up to 15lb from 14lb. I found that the 14lb hit hard enough, and you could really throw the lighter stuff a little harder.

Perhaps even go a little stronger in ball specification and drilling to make up for the pound lighter.

One thing I find, and this applies to myself here, that getting up the side of the ball for me, is always due to a bad start to my approach. My push away is a little slow and I end up having to hurry the swing because my timing is out. Get my timing right and there is no pain and the effort in bowling is reduced.

It might be worth getting someone to take a look at your shot just in case a simple adjustment will help.

Back
Top Bottom