Coach needed to increase revs and release in Brisbane....

Hi Guys,

Some of you may know me and laugh if you are from Brisbane but oh well don’t care.
Can someone please recommend a good/great release coach to me. Someone that could discuss my game with me and could teach me how to cup/uncup my wrist correctly, work the inside of the ball, slight elbow bend etc correctly and really how to rev the ball up to go coast to coast. I have been trying to self coach for over a year now and made many improvements but my overall game is just going downhill in the search for revs.

My average has gone down from 210 to 201 in trying to improve revs. I can dominate like most people on medium oil levels down but struggle for carry etc when in higher volumes of oil or major carry down where I need more revs to make the ball turn.
350 + revs is what I am after.

I have been recommended Vaughn White in the past however have lost is phone number. If someone has his # please PM me.

A coach on the north side of Brisbane would be best but I am willing to travel for the right coach.

Thanks guys.

Brisbane ... Oil ... huh ... ? :D lol

200+ ave. I'd be happy with that! When you do find some one, let me know. I have many facets in my game that NEEDS work!

Sorry Mitchell, while I think of it...Have you looked at ball surface? Trying to increase rotation will affect your game in the short term!
I was recently involved in coaching the SQ Shield team in Geelong for the nationals. The pattern put down was exactly how you described the heavier volume type. Everyone was using high end equipment and mostly polished. At the time there was no overly big scores which is good in one respect for the juniors. The shot for even the boys captain was very tight. I suggested to a couple on our team we sand the surface back to 1000 abralon. When it was done, it opened up the pocket immensely and I firmly believe aided the team to increase their scoring and help win the shield! The captain of the boys is Ben Donnelly. If you dont know Ben, he puts a huge amount of rotation on his ball and more rotation would not have solved this issue in my opinion.
Gail is the best to see about release etc but I would look further into lane/ball surface. It sounds to me as though you have a great game but need to tweak your equipment. The best person to talk to in this case is without doubt George Frilingos!

Hope it helps you.

Grant

Hi Guys,

Anyone else. I am not sure if Gail is avaiable on my free days yet so would like to get more options if I can please?

Anyone have Vaughn's number?

I don't get it? you're holding a 210 average and you wanna change how you bowl??

I just wanna add on what Grant said.. I don't know how, but I got a hold of a 19 page word document on Ball Dynamics back in 07 (I think off ballreviews.com) anyway, It has this in it..

THAT FACTORS EFFECT REACTION ON THE BOWLING BALL (GENERALIZATION):
Generally accepted as follows:
1- Coverstock and surface preparation 65-70%
2- Core 15-20%
3- Pin placement and Dynamic weights 10-15%
4- Mass Bias 0-10%
5- Balance hole 0-5%
6- Static Weights 0-2%

Could be little bit off here and there, but it just about sums it up...

Want more turn, get more aggressive with your release, power to the line, wack it, Hope that helps

for oilier conditions it is all about surface as 2 peeps have pointed out and setup also.

if you averaging 200+ and bear in mind QLD conditions are not overly oily. this would be fairly good IMO. i think you need to assess your gear and surfaces you have and assess what is going to best suit your existing game. you can have a weak rev rate and still score on any condition if you are accurate, the no1 is always accuracy.

hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom