Votes: 29 61.7%
  • No, I wouldn't be interested

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ratty133

The Brow
Hi All
I am in negotiations with our centre manager about getting a nationally ranked youth event in perth and was looking for suggestions.
The format im looking at running is:
Qualifying - 10 games (cut to top 20)
Day 2 - further 6 games of qualifying (cut to top 10)
- 10 games of matchplay (one full round and positional round)
Entry fee around $175-$190
Payout would be top 20
Would youth bowlers from the eastern states be interested in coming over to bowl this event?
The event would be held at AMF Cannington.
Please leave your thoughts and/or suggestions and if the response is great enough, ill look into it further.
Matt Watson

Also in addition to those that have said no, could you guys say why you aren't interested in coming over west for a youth tournament?

I reckon I could drag myself across to the other side of the country for a half decent event.
Assuming the payout was worth it and that it was economical for me to do so. It would be good to see the West getting at least one event back...

how do you think people from over in WA feel when in order to do ANY kind of ranked events, we have to travel across the other side of the country! in the last few years there have been an increasing number of bowlers from WA travel to be considered in the higher ranks of bowling in this country. Just once, every so often or even just once, it would be nice to see people in the east make the same kind of effort (and thank you to those that have in the past)

If enough interest from the east can be generated for a tournament over here, im sure the people organising the tournament can make it worthwhile making the trip over

Hi Guys

good response so far, keep the votes coming.

What is everyones opinion of the proposed format and entry fee?

If you dont feel it is a decent format, please, dont be afraid to say so, noones opinion will be ignored.

Matt

how do you think people from over in WA feel when in order to do ANY kind of ranked events, we have to travel across the other side of the country! in the last few years there have been an increasing number of bowlers from WA travel to be considered in the higher ranks of bowling in this country. Just once, every so often or even just once, it would be nice to see people in the east make the same kind of effort (and thank you to those that have in the past)
If enough interest from the east can be generated for a tournament over here, im sure the people organising the tournament can make it worthwhile making the trip over

Bam! You hit the nail on the head Toni, especially when these trips are costing WA bowlers over $800 a pop.

I'm sure there are alot of bowlers who know each other very well and are willing to open their doors to allow for accomodation!

Bam! You hit the nail on the head Toni, especially when these trips are costing WA bowlers over $800 a pop.
I'm sure there are alot of bowlers who know each other very well and are willing to open their doors to allow for accomodation!

It gets to the point sometimes, for WA bowlers going over east, even if you win the event, you still don't get your money back when taking into account the airfares accommodation etc

Matt, also what is needed, what payouts and prize fund would this tournament be, also, how many entrants would that prize fund be based on.

Ian Jones

Ian

Currently i am looking at the amount of interest for a tournament to be set up. Once i have a figure to work with, i will sit down and work out prizefund, format and entries required.

Matt

ok guys, response coming in so far is great. By the end of the week ill have a proposed format, prizefund, entry fee etc so i can get your opinions.

Matt

Hi everybody

I have been in discussion with my centre manager, and it looks like the youth event can be up off the ground in february next year. If any of the youth bowlers who voted in this poll were interested in bowling the adult event im organising as well, that event we are looking at running in september this year (2nd and 3rd). Ill have entry forms done up for that one very soon.

Matt Watson

Back
Top Bottom