Columbia 300 Youth Cup

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
Hi All,

Well I said I would be back with a tournament for the Youth Bowlers, well here it is.

Columbia 300 proudly presents:
Event: Columbia 300 Youth Cup
Date: 23rd & 24th July 2005
Venue: Geelong Bowling Lanes (Victoria)
Cost: $130
Format Day 1: 10 games qualifying, and all female competitors recieve a 5 pin hdcp during the event. Top 20 will cut for Day 2, Pinfall carries over.
Format Day 2: Top 20 with carry over pinfall will bowl 6 games, cutting to the Top 8 with pinfall, Top 8 will then contest a Matchplay Round Robin with pinfall carrying over, bonus points will be on offer during matchplay.
The final standings will be based on pinfall.
Squad Times: Squad A - 12 noon, Squad B - 3.30pm
Prizefund: Based on 50 entries
1st: $1000 2nd: $710 3rd: $510 4th: $460 5th: $410 6th: $370 7th: $330
8th: $300 9th: $270 10th: $240 11th: $210 12th: $200 13th: $190
14th: $180 15th: $170 16th: $160 17th: $150 18th: $140 19th: $130
20th: $130.

If this event is well supported there will be another event later in the year in NSW. There will also be 3 sponsorship deals up for grabs from AMF Bowling Products Inc. Distrubutors of Ebonite/Hammer/Columbia/AMF & Track.

Thanks
Glenn Rowland
Tournament Director

Glenn,

Looks like a great format, if you are taking entries over TB; Count me in!! (even though i am supposed to be having a break at the moment.)

Any chance of getting a preview of the oil pattern that will be down?

Thanks
Andrew Tonkin

Well done Glenn & Geelong Bowl, another youth tournament in Victoria because the Vics support their events with entries. Again it has taken a regional centre to push for more events at respectable entry fee with decent prize fund and at the same time willing to support the Female youth bowlers as well.

Columbia 300

Im from Geelong and it sounds like a great idea. Can anyone from around australia bowl in it or is it just for vic bowlers and is it just for females. Also will there be an entry form coming out anytime soon.

Amanda de Lange

Enquirys for this event so far have been great, I will have an entry form out by the end of next week. If you wish to book in, I am now accepting entries. The event is open to all bowlers who have not reached their 23rd birthday by the 1st January 2005. There is only one division, and all female competitors receiving a 6 pin hdcp per game during the whole event.

I hope to see a lot of support from the victorians, but by the response so far, the interstaters will be there in force too. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks
Glenn

God im stupid (just ask anyone that knows me!!!)

Put me down for Bsquad please

Andrew Tonkin

That comming from mr brett 'oh im scared of geelong cus last time i was there i averaged 160' hughes.... Psh.

p.s. go and bowl A squad with Castle instead.....

p.p.s. good tipping for the next round (AFL) too... craig and I enjoyed placing in your tips for this week.

Hey Glenn,
Can you add Michael Castle to A sqaud plz.
Ps Tonkin will see who has the last laugh for once me and brett can close ur mouth for a change.
Chris C

Back
Top Bottom