Perth Youth Cup

booked my flights just then and i know ben coupland has as well. so we will be there for shore.. looks like a good tourny lets fill it up

Hi Everyone

After speaking with the tournament committee, they have reached a decision that due to lack of entries, the tournament must now be combined into one division. Whilst this is an unfortunate decision, it is what had to be done. The format will remain the same, with the exception of the 6 game sprint, we have now opened this up to 18 bowlers. All bowlers will bowl 12 games of qualifying over the 2 different oil patterns, cutting to the top 18 for a 6 game sprint, with the top 8 after this advancing to the stepladder finals.

The Prizefund will now be based on a combined field of 50 bowlers and will be paid out as indicated below:

1st) $1500 10th) $220
2nd) $1000 11th) $210
3rd) $800 12th) $200
4th) $600 13th) $195
5th) $500 14th) $190
6th) $425 15th) $185
7th) $350 16th) $180
8th) $300 17th) $175
9th) $250 18th) $170

There will be lanes set aside for practise on the Friday afternoon from 3-6pm for anyone who is interested.

Attached also is the current squad listing for the event.

Regards

Matt Watson

Attachments

• Perth Youth 2008 Squad List - 120208.pdf
    12.7 KB · Views: 53
I can also confirm that the females who do enter this tournament, will receive the Q-Points as if they were bowling in their own division, regardless of actual placing (ie if a female finishes 12th in the tournament but is the highest placed female, they will recieve the points value for 1st place in the female rankings)

Matt

How can you change the format after the tournament has been sanctioned with TBA???? Isnt this supossed to be a National Ranked Tournament???

If this tounament was advertised as only one divison, I Would have never entered Jacinta and spent over $600.00 on airfares.

Gina Gilliland

Hi Everyone

After speaking with the tournament committee, they have reached a decision that due to lack of entries, the tournament must now be combined into one division. Whilst this is an unfortunate decision, it is what had to be done. The format will remain the same, with the exception of the 6 game sprint, we have now opened this up to 18 bowlers. All bowlers will bowl 12 games of qualifying over the 2 different oil patterns, cutting to the top 18 for a 6 game sprint, with the top 8 after this advancing to the stepladder finals.

The Prizefund will now be based on a combined field of 50 bowlers and will be paid out as indicated below:

1st) $1500 10th) $220
2nd) $1000 11th) $210
3rd) $800 12th) $200
4th) $600 13th) $195
5th) $500 14th) $190
6th) $425 15th) $185
7th) $350 16th) $180
8th) $300 17th) $175
9th) $250 18th) $170

There will be lanes set aside for practise on the Friday afternoon from 3-6pm for anyone who is interested.

Attached also is the current squad listing for the event.

Regards

Matt Watson

Sorry everyone, i got my wording wrong in this post.

The girls division is still running. The Tournament Committee is looking at other options for the girls to make the prize money worth bowling for. As with only 9 entries, the prizefund will be cut drastically. As will the prizefund for the male division.

So just clarifying, the girls divison HAS NOT been cancelled, it is merely under thought for possible options by the tournament commitee.

Thank You

I spoke with the TD last night.

The girls division will run, but only 3 places can be paid out due to lack of entries (only 9)

The male division will also be cut but the TD is still working on that adjusted prizefund.

but news is girls division IS going ahead

Come on all you Youth bowlers, its been a while Western Australia has had a ranked tourny, so come to the west and see how we bowl in the beautiful state that which is W.A. there is less then a month till check in, so come make a push to get more bowlers, more bowlers = more competition, more competition = possibly more prize fund, therefore more to spend if you end up winning, so come on the Australian outh get your entries in.

i will ask the TD tomorrow about the squads being combined.

Matt, i think you need to reword your last bit of your post, the youth support has been fine, the LOCAL support however is rather pitiful. I think tou'll find there are more people travelling from the east than there are WA entrants.

WA Youth and Junior bowlers, this is the first (and now probably last) time we have had a youth event. Without LOCAL support, it will fold. If you are thinking of bowling, but dont have an entry in, please contact me.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom