Membership cards anyone?

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Anyone seen any TBA membership cards for 2003 yet?
Any Area Secretaries seen the new disk yet?
Anybody, anywhere?
Hello...................... anybody home?

Hi all,
I have been out of bowling for awhile and was wondering if anyone could tell me how the memberships all work now? Do you have to join the TBA separate to MTBA/CTBAM to bowling tournys or once you have a membership for one of the state groups are you affectly a member of the TBA? I am curious to know so I don't run into trouble when I enter my next tourny.
Thx.

Crazzzed,

As both MTBA & CTBAM are affiliated with TBAL, once you have joined either you are automatically a TBA registered player.

This only applies if you bowl in a TBA registered centre.

Present your MTBA, CTBAM or TBAL registered player card at check-in (if requested) and you will have no problems.

Great thanks Peter.
It looks like I'll have both MTBA & CTBAM memberships as my two leagues have gone different ways.

Regards
B

So does that mean upon joining TBA you are automatically affiliated with the other 2 ? Or doesnt it work backwards (do you have to pay an affiliation fee) ?

It only works one way. CTBAM & MTBA both charge $20.00 membership fee of which a certain amount goes back to the centre as a contribution towards the lane fee paid to the TBA trust.

If you are a CTBAM member and then join a MTBA league then that membership is reduced by that contribution fee (and vica versa) as it has already been paid to the centre.

Thanks Peter.
Thats good to know that you don't have to pay full price for both memberships.

Andrew

The following was placed on the TBA Website on 31/1/03

TO ALL BOWLING CENTRES AND ASSOCIATIONS

I regret to advise that the supply of registration cards to centres/associations has been delayed from the promised time of delivery as end of January. TBA have secured a sponsor to pay for printing and freight or postage of the cards to you and at this time the sponsor information and artwork is not ready for our use. As soon as this problem has been rectified a further announcement will be made and the office staff will work additional hours until supply to you has been completed.

June Voukolos
Chairperson

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you Graham for that update.
But they had this sponsor months ago, I received an email from a TBA Director mid November telling me the cards would be ready to leave the office at the end of December.
The email said the printer was on stand-by. It also said 2 sponsors had approached TBA. Not that TBA had approached them, but they (the sponsors) approached TBA.
It also said there would be no year date put on the cards, and a new disk would be sent to all Associations in December.
I am not going to accuse that particular Director of telling porkies as I think that he was led by others to believe what he said.
The point is a great many Association Secretaries were probably also given that information which they passed on to their existing members. So once again local officials have egg on their faces as a direct result of mis-information from a TBA management source.
When will these people get their act together? How about spending less time on money making schemes and more time on getting the basics right?
I see that they sent their registration invoices out to all the centres, I wonder how many centres will delay the payment until they receive their membership cards?

Anyone surprised? tsk tsk!
As I said late last year....If elected I promise not to bullshit anyone..EVER!

Back
Top Bottom