Major Sponsors from the last 20 years

ratty133

The Brow
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. I am trying to come up with a list of sponsors who used to invest alot of their time, money and products into our great sport, and possibly find a way to get them back on board in some way.

I am aware of Coca Cola from the old Coca Cola Classic, Koolfoam from the Koolfoam Classic, Brunswick were huge supporters of the Perth Cup, and just before it folded, Columbia 300/Ebonite were donating towards the SPC.

Any information people can send me will be greatly appreciated, or even suggestions on new potential sponsors. New potential sponsors, a group of us have worked out to be Red Bull Energy Drinks, Qantas/Virgin Blue, All of the ball companies etc.

Thanks

Matt

With the partnership between AMF and Dominos now I'd be definitely hitting up them.... They claim to donate to local sports clubs all the time

Schweppes, major trucking companies (linfox, WAFL, Etc...) major insurance companies (AAMI, GIO, QBE, Etc...) car rental companies, Budget, Eurocar, Avis, Etc...)

Just a few ideas there

An after thought for smaller local tournaments (e.g. skins)
10 minor sponsors, say local small businesses donate $100 - $150 each, that pays for each skin and you name that individual skin after that company. all entry fee has to pay is game rate and possibly an overall winners prize.

How about a Melbourne cup style event. Using Nighteyes300's idea of hitting up smaller businesses for a skin event. We could have a three day event with day one a 10 - 12 skin event with the 10 - 12 different sponsors for each skin event. Day two playoffs for the final comp day with either one big sponsor or the smaller sponsors pooling in for the larger prize pool.

another option would be to have a sports pattern event with the sponsor for a particular pattern. For example, 'Flight Center Paris Event' or if we ever get a PBA pattern, "Melbourne Zoo Viper Event" or "Melbourne Aquarium Shark Event"

An after thought for smaller local tournaments (e.g. skins)
10 minor sponsors, say local small businesses donate $100 - $150 each, that pays for each skin and you name that individual skin after that company. all entry fee has to pay is game rate and possibly an overall winners prize.

This is an awesome idea... Start with the big dogs who aren't scared to sacrifice a few dollars then they can see what sponsorship can really do!! :)

You could look at it this way - look at where you're seeking to allocate the sponsor ie local tournament or one with national coverage, then think about what companies want to get exposure and where. Go from there - I understand westnet was happy to sponsor WA Rachuig 2005 (think) because they wanted east coast exposure at the time.

Back
Top Bottom