Tenpin Bowling Show

The Tenpin Bowling Show is currently on Community TV in Adelaide, Melbourne / Geelong, with Brisbane starting this Tuesday, and Perth, Albury and Bunbury commencing in October.
The show is produced weekly in South Australia, with matches between league bowlers, staff bowling centre competitions, and technical information and help from profesionals in the industry such as AMF's Brenton Davy. (Brenton Davy is the shows tournament filming manager)
The show is proudly sponsored by GARRY, State Manager AMF South Australia, because he saw a vision.
"TO GET TENPIN BOWLING BACK INTO THE SPOTLIGHT IN AUSTRALIA".
Garry wasn't half wrong!
Since the show started Airing in Adelaide 22 weeks ago local bowling centres have noticed increased activity with the show creating a "Cult" following,
and the show has not even reached full potential yet.
This weekend all the action from the South Pacific Classic from Moorabin will be captured and broadcast on the show. Also, a string of exclusive interviews have been organised, including some of Asia's top bowlers, also Jason Belmonte, and other local identities.
Offers of sponsorship for the show are numerous. Not suprising either, considering that everyone involved in the bowling industry stands to prosper in one way or another.
I founded the show because I have missed local bowling on TV for far too long. The last time I can remember was the Coca Cola Classic from the Logan City Lanes during the cricket lunch break in the 90's. That's too far back!
I hope to be able to get the show on TVS Channel 31 Sydney, once the programming manager returns in a couple of weeks. It probably would not hurt if people were to call TVS Sydney and request that the show is given some airtime, thus it would also make the show 'NATIONAL'.
Hope to have good news for Sydney in the not too distance future.
Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
Producer, Tenpin Bowling Show.
Ph 0414 885 982
:TVsurf:

Still trying to get the show into Sydney.
The Programming Manager at TVS Sydney is due back at the TV station very soon. Hopefully soon after the Tenpin Bowling Show will on air.

The South Pacific Classic is one tournament well worth watching!

Keeping you informed with progress on TVS Channel 31 Sydney.

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
The Tenpin Bowling Show

Meanwhile, keep ringing, emailing or writing to TVS Channel 31 in Sydney. The more requests they get, the more likely the show will be adopted in that market. This is your opportunity to help the sport you love get its deserved exposure in Australias largest market.

Perhaps you have a tree or building blocking the signal, or your antenna has seen better days. Do you have SBS clear? Generally if SBS is good, TVS should be watchable.
On another note, Can anyone think what the lady in the picture is saying?
Did she just bowl a 7 - 10 split? or what?

Hi Peter,
TVS is the Sydney Community Television station.
It transmits on UHF channel 31 with a lower power than SBS, but should be receivable in most parts of the Sydney area.
Their web page is www.tvs.org.au/ and I hope they will take the bowling show on soon. The Columbia 300 South Pacific Classic is a must see!
Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
TBS.

Perhaps you have a tree or building blocking the signal, or your antenna has seen better days. Do you have SBS clear? Generally if SBS is good, TVS should be watchable.
On another note, Can anyone think what the lady in the picture is saying?
Did she just bowl a 7 - 10 split? or what?
well, i can get SBS clearly but from the opposite direction from sydney :p

Enf...

Hi David,
I am not in Sydney but I am guessing that the SBS you are watching is being 're-transmitted' from a different location to where the main transmitters are.
If so, we have a similar situation here in Adelaide. The main TV transmitters are on Mt Lofty which includes Channel 31, and are also re-transmitted back into the foothills from a different location, but Channel 31 is not included in this.
This means that you are going to have a problem.
You may need to ask a friend to record the shows (when they start) who can pickup TVS.
Sorry, can't help you out on this one.
Kind regards,
Tony Drexel.
Tenpin Bowling Show.

Hi David,
I am not in Sydney but I am guessing that the SBS you are watching is being 're-transmitted' from a different location to where the main transmitters are.
If so, we have a similar situation here in Adelaide. The main TV transmitters are on Mt Lofty which includes Channel 31, and are also re-transmitted back into the foothills from a different location, but Channel 31 is not included in this.
This means that you are going to have a problem.
You may need to ask a friend to record the shows (when they start) who can pickup TVS.
Sorry, can't help you out on this one.
Kind regards,
Tony Drexel.
Tenpin Bowling Show.
can get c31 (just) as an echo, but is pretty much watchable

if i turn the UHF aerial around and point it towards sydney will be able to get it, but then i lose all the 'gong channels ;)

Enf...

Hi James,
I don't think Foxtel have ever shown an Australian Tenpin match. Do they even know that there are Tenpin Bowling lanes in Australia?
The matches they have shown are ALL overseas, being purchased from Partypoker.com etc.
I am still trying to get it on TVS (which is not the same as TVSN) in Sydney.
I know that it will happen, by mass presure from bowlers if need be. I hope to have an answer soon. Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
Editor / Producer
Tenpin Bowling Show

Back
Top Bottom