I really hate it how..

P

_pinkgl0w

How people have no respect whatsoever for private property.

I'm talking about Bowling Lanes, furthermore the equipment.

I was a spectator for my boyfriend while he bowled (l wasn't up to it tonight) and l noticed a group of early to mid 20's people, all having a good time.

I kept my eye on them, and l noticed that they were throwing two balls down the lane at once.

Then they bowled two 14 pound balls, one much more later than the other, therefore hitting the bar that comes down quite hard.

I've been told by the staff there before that if my boyfriend or l see this type of behavior, to let them know. I walked up, casually, pretending l was asking about an advertised event, but l told them about the group acting like idiots.

They were warned, and told that if they did it again, the lanes would be turned off.

It bugs me that people do that to alley lanes - they haven't got a clue at how much they cost to repair - let alone maintain.

I think every center has this problems, At my center we bowlers look at for this thing, and we do let the staff but we make sure they know to, as a reinforcement to the staff.

I agree. I worked in bowling centres for 3 years and could never understand why people had to behave like idiots and have no respect for private property. The best part was shutting their lanes off, telling them they ain't getting their money back, take their shoes off and get the hell out. Stupid morons

The staff at my center gave them all a warning, and threatened they would stop the game. The thing is, they had almost finished bowling their game when they did it on the very last frame, so the staff stopped the game, but what good is that going to do?

After the group left, one of them came back in because he forgot something. he put his shoes on the counter where l was and l went nuts. I gave him a piece of my mind. Fair enough, its not my place to do so, but they might not do it again if they know that not only the staff are watching, but so are fellow bowlers.

Long story short, he denied it.

After the group left, one of them came back in because he forgot something. he put his shoes on the counter where l was and l went nuts.
Yeah you tell em!! Reading this thread is getting me worked up. These losers should be made to pay for the damages

Yeah you tell em!! Reading this thread is getting me worked up. These losers should be made to pay for the damages

Thats what l think, it annoys me how they get away with it.

Normally l'm the quiet type who just thinks of saying something, but l actually don't.

Heres pretty much what happened.

I looked at him and "sweetly" said "Oh, um, you guys still have one frame to go" with a smile on my face. He said "Oh, yeah the lanes stopped working" and l yelled "YEAH?! MAYBE YOU F***ING BROKE THEM?!?" he was like "oh, nah it just did that" etc etc etc.

It was good to get it off my chest, l needed to say something, even though the staff didn't want me to, l thought if they aren't going to say anything, l will. Might make them wake up and realise.

We see behaviour like this all the time. It's frustrating when our 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son point out morons doing the wrong thing.

If a 7 & 4 year old know how to treat a public venue (regardless of being part of a bowling family) then surely teenyboppers and 20 somethings can work it out also.

Geez, take some time to think about the poor people running the business. They sure wouldn't like it if we took a shovel onto their golf course (if that was their choice of business) etc

Unfortunately, that's part of modern society these days.
They'll treat everywhere else as their own personal toilet, yet they're the first ones to piss and moan like whining banshees when you damage something of theirs.
It's one particular reason why I've never been impressed with the allowing of alcohol to be served to social bowlers (not to mention serving it to league bowlers during play, it looks unprofessional), because by-in-large it attracts the wrong sort of clientele to centres who are more often than not, the lowest common denominator - IE: Dumb bogans who think it's hilarious to chuck **** everywhere, run down lanes and throw balls into sweeps and generally make complete arse-hats out of themselves.
I remember one day, some toothless bushpig couldn't get a lane because the lanes were all booked, so he preceeded to spit his beer at the manager on the counter :rolleyes:
As for teenyboppers and others being stupid and risking injury with their behaviour, one warning, do it again and you'll be thrown out - and they all should be warned about this at the counter when they pay for their games.
It's a poor image for bowling when you walk into a centre and see that sort of lark going on.

Has anyone here seen the 'Power Bowling' vid on youtube?? Now thats some stupidity right there!!!

Thats what l think, it annoys me how they get away with it.
Normally l'm the quiet type who just thinks of saying something, but l actually don't.
Heres pretty much what happened.
I looked at him and "sweetly" said "Oh, um, you guys still have one frame to go" with a smile on my face. He said "Oh, yeah the lanes stopped working" and l yelled "YEAH?! MAYBE YOU F***ING BROKE THEM?!?" he was like "oh, nah it just did that" etc etc etc.
It was good to get it off my chest, l needed to say something, even though the staff didn't want me to, l thought if they aren't going to say anything, l will. Might make them wake up and realise.

ah well you cant educate idiots pinkgl0w its called i dont care anymore soceity and we got to put up with it sadly :(

Unfortunately, that's part of modern society these days.

In my opinion we need to bring back the cane in schools

It was a sad day when Corporal punishment was made not sociably acceptable the kids of today don't know right from wrong and no one is allowed to do anything about it.

(Just my 2 cents worth)

Being an ex bowling centre employee myself i know exactly what your talking about. i still get pissed off when i see people bowling two or more balls down a lane at the same time and the staff dont do anything. i have kicked heaps of people out for being idiots. i use to give them one warning then if they did it again i would not go back down there i would just turn off the machine and wait until they came up to say that it is not working then let them know that they wont be bowling any more. i still see it happen every week when i bowl league and have even gone up to them and told them not to do it as the staff there to be honest dont realy care about the centre only about their pay

This happened at Highpoint bowl about 4 weeks ago. They were warned but continued to do it. The centre then threatened to call the police, then shut off their lanes and asked them to leave. They did but they set the fire hose off on their way down the stairs. No major damage was done but next time they see this happen, they'll be ringing the police straight away to get the tools evicted.

the thing is are u gowing to stop it or just complain ????? it will never stop the main reason is that thay think it is fun.

almost finished bowling league one thursday night at old macarfar (probably 2 years ago), the tech turned lane 13/14 on to clear the balls out.

less than a minute later, there were balls coming up to see me (6 lanes down) due to the fact that there was about 40 balls down the back, and they had no hope of fitting on the 12-ball return. iirc, the idiot social bowlers who were on those lanes got to the end of their games, then kept throwing balls down while the machine was off.

this year at new macarfar, some social bowlers were 4 or 5 lanes (to my right again) and i noticed that they hit the sweep, so i stepped off the approach cause i was sure one of the staff was going to be running down after it soon enough. but, one of the idiots runs down, grabs the ball and runs back. but it doesnt stop here, they then noticed that the sweep was still down, so he runs back down, slides under the board and tugs at the sweep till it comes up, then runs back and they continue some crude style of bowling.

Enf...

As a current employee at a bowling centre, seeing morons disrespect our property like that really aggravates me.

High School kids and drunken bogans are usually the worst.
Ive managed to have some HS kids banned from attending the centre with their school because they were always so disrespectful and ignorant.

We had an incident on a busy Friday night where one of our pinspotters had decided to break down so as ya do, Ive called the tech to repair it. On that particular lane was 3 people [a child, a woman and a man]. The tech had the sweep down whilst he was fixing the problem.
He had been working on it for about 3 minutes and was nearly finished when the man who was on that lane threw a 12lb ball straight down the lane. I heard it hit the sweep and as soon as their lane was repaired I shut it off without warning them.
Then come the verbal abuse from the woman and she stormed out. Im almost certain that the 3 of them took our shoes but Id rather them take our shoes than endanger the lives of my fellow staff members.
The tech come to the counter a while later and said that if the sweep was not down the ball would have hit him in the ankle and who knows what would have happened then.

I guess we just have to live with the fact that there are people out there with absolutely zero common sense...

Mrs VBP, thats terrible.

Actually, more like disgusting. The fact that a grown man (who was there with his child) did that is really a bad impression for your child to follow.

The tech is very lucky the sweep (Now l know what its called! I used to call it the bar!) was down while he was repairing it.

It just bugs me that when people get warned, they wait until they are almost finished to do it again, therefore not loosing out on too much.

Maybe the first warning should be by the staff as soon as the bowlers arrive? Or a sign up saying that no rude/indecent behavior will be tolerated. That will be their first warning. If they do it, turn the lanes off straight away. No second chances and no refund.

As a tech I've seen it all, from lofting as far as you can to multiple ball sweep hits, from sliding a little way on knees down the lane through to a kid pinned under a sweep while mum laughed her ass off.

The problems begin at young ages when kids do stupid stuff and supervising adults just laugh.

We've tried warnings, turning machines off, throwing out and banning but people still do it. We've tried Lane Minders to warn staff and bowlers when someone goes down the lane, but staff turn it off or by the time they get to the bowlers it's too late. We've tried having machines drop the sweep after the last ball is rolled to stop people overbowling, but it just gives them a better target to throw balls at when done.

In the end you just do what you can to ensure the safety of your staff, minimise damage to equipment as much as possible and thank the bowlers that do the right thing

I'm almost certain that the 3 of them took our shoes

Should have got a car rego number and called the police and have them charged with theft.

Maybe the first warning should be by the staff as soon as the bowlers arrive? Or a sign up saying that no rude/indecent behavior will be tolerated. That will be their first warning. If they do it, turn the lanes off straight away. No second chances and no refund.

I'm pretty sure here at Morwell there is a warning on the overhead scoring monitors that the bowlers have to read and push a button on the console to except the conditions of bowling

I had it yesterday.
Being School holidays. Kids next to us no more than 7 years old were throwing the balls inbetween the bumper and the gutter so therefore they walked down the middle of the lane through the oil to go and pick it up, they were lucky he didn't slip and crack his head yet the parents do nothing. I bet if he sliped and hurt himself they would be blame management and not themselves. I think all of us bowlers are alike when it comes to this topic. We get very heated just in general discussion of this topic based on the fact that we know what really happens when things go wrong.
I've been in a bowling centre since i was 3 (thanks to my parents being addicts to bowling) and i'm not 24 and i thank god that i have not seen what others have. I've been told by friends and staff that they have seen people die. Seen them crack their heads open when they sliped on the oil. Break bones. Wouldn't like to see it.
I stressed this to kids when i was working in a bowl and they enjoyed themselves just as much.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom