I really hate it how..

On another note a mechanic told me last week that while at Epping a girl tried to bowl 2 at once and she sliped and broke her wrist and finger and he asked her if she was alright and she said no and he said oh well thats what happens when you act stupid and walked off on her!

I could imagine that working very well but when it gets so busy that you can't watch everyone any longer its just an annoyance! haha.

I've worked at the alley for just over 3 years now, and have seen some real idiots. From 6 people throwing 16lb balls down 1 lane in a race to the pins (end result them getting banned from center) to 3 and 4 year old kids walking almost all the way down to the pins and trying to knock over a ten pin that didnt fall (even annoys the little ones! haha.) but the best would have to be when a friend went to take his mates shot and when his mate saw that his shot was about to be bowled rushed from the cafe, jumped over the ball return, landed on the lane, slid about 25ft in the oil, legs slipped out from under him and fell flat on his back. (end result, lanes being turned off, 6 very annoyed friends, and one guy with a major headache and a very pronounced limp.)

A good one for schools as well, is if 1 kid plays up the entire pair of lanes get shut off. (talk to teachers first, some will get more upset than the students) Works really well. :D

Sarah, it was actually a guy who got injured. We are unsure what exactly happened but it appears that his friend rolled a 2nd ball to him while he was on the approach holding another ball and he has fallen on it causing the break. While I'm sure the staff may have been thinking "serves you right", I can assure you that he was looked after and taken to the local hospital.

I think the best way to stop it is to release a line of T-shirts with slogans such as:

"Save a sweep, hit your brother"
"I'm a Bowling Moron"
"DO NOT LET ME BOWL"
"Playing with 2 balls? Only in the bedroom!"
"I need Adult supervision"
and the old classic
"Wearing this shirt till I pay off the damage"

On another note a mechanic told me last week that while at Epping a girl tried to bowl 2 at once and she sliped and broke her wrist and finger and he asked her if she was alright and she said no and he said oh well thats what happens when you act stupid and walked off on her!
I remember a night at Moonah when these two chicks were standing in a huge puddle in their house shoes having a smoke in the pouring rain.
Both were pissed and a little bit stoned I think, I've gone out for a darrie, seen them standing there and told them to remove the shoes, put them on the counter and grab another pair because if they'd tried to bowl in those they'd end up going A over T and end up getting chinned by the lane.
They were all apologetic about it which was fine, they go inside and grab some new shoes from the counter.
About 15-20 minutes later I grab my stuff and walk out the door to head home, and here's the same dynamic duo, dancing around in the puddles splashing about - in the newer pair of house shoes.
I just looked at them, shook my head and walked off.

Some people are just born bellends :chair:

On the subject of lack of supervision how about the kids (about 7 year old) who continue to stick their head right infront of the ball return to watch the ball come up and some parents just don't take any notice.

I know they are great funny movies well at least I enjoyed them but the "Jackass" episode when they go bowling didn't help our cause very much don't you think. Little do people know the machines were off during doing their stunt but they just think if they can do it so can we...

A few years ago when I was working a group of kids were bought in and one of them trew the ball into the air and it smashed one of the cappings. The carer or whoever it was that was looking after them told everyone to take off their shoes and asked us to invoice them for the broken capping. Another time a bowler smashed a sweep mount and I made him come down and fix it while I watched him. He did it and it was so funny watching his mates laugh at him while he did it.

Sarah, it was actually a guy who got injured. We are unsure what exactly happened but it appears that his friend rolled a 2nd ball to him while he was on the approach holding another ball and he has fallen on it causing the break. While I'm sure the staff may have been thinking "serves you right", I can assure you that he was looked after and taken to the local hospital.

Okay, it must have just been that he wanted it to sound worse. Oh well doesn't matter had half of it right.

I have something else to bitch about.

I have just gotten home from bowling, and l am absolutely disgusted.

My boyfriend and l were bowling practice and we noticed that the large family next to us, ranging from 5 year olds to adults, were not all wearing alley shoes. The children were wearing socks, and the teenagers were wearing non-bowling shoes.

I went up and told a staff member on the control counter, yet she did nothing.

If a child were to smack their head on the ground, l wonder if she'd even feel slightly guilty?

the more these ppl know about ppl whingin the more they will do it no one is made to do everything right we can break rules of other's thing's as well let them have fun they break it they fix it meh

i tell ya what i really hate is when people failing to give way in league last night.while your bowling on your right hand side due to my very big giant arms all it takes is 1 person to get in my way while i'm taking my shot they could knock me over or they could injure themselves also hitting their head on my right arm

I've been working in a bowling centre for the past four years, and believe me, I have had my share of idiots doing stupid things on the lanes.
On a Saturday night not so long ago, a man in his late twenties was bowling with a group of friends. They were all intoxicated but I let it slide because I knew I could kick them out if they got out of hand. Anyway, this man ran down the lane after the bowling ball and fell straight on his backside. We had a lot of people in the centre at the time and everyone laughed. On his way back up the lane, he fell over again and the whole centre erupted in laughter.
I figured this was punishment enough and they didn't do it again anyway.
I am a strong believer in one warning and then the lane is turned off. We can't risk the damage to the equipment.

Back
Top Bottom