Full team Prebowl

Resurrection

Bowling Tragic
Just wondering what people's views are on full team Pre bowls. I rocked into the bowl last night only to find out that all 4 of our opponents had Pre bowled.

At Dandenong we use the rule that if you want to pre bowl then you must do it against the team that you are versing. If this isnt possible then no pre bowl

At Dandenong we use the rule that if you want to pre bowl then you must do it against the team that you are versing. If this isnt possible then no pre bowl
I must be having a dumb day but dose that sound right? lol

Wouldnt that mean u have to play that team?

I dont really get what you are saying doug...

In a league you verse a team every week so in order to do a pre bowl you find out who you are versing that week and then organise a pre bowl...

I dont really get what you are saying doug...

In a league you verse a team every week so in order to do a pre bowl you find out who you are versing that week and then organise a pre bowl...

I get wat your saying now. as i said i must be just having one of those days brain dead day. LMAO

same with my team league, if the whole team cant bow then you try to organise a time to meet up and bowl, otherwise you forfeit

My opinion is that if you need to prebowl cos of work/holidays or what have you, then you should be able to do so at your own leisure. If your other member(s) know you arent bowling and dont wanna go alone, or wanna have a night off then they might decide to prebowl aswell. I spose in "money" leagues it can be frowned upon because said team might try to manipulate the oil condition or something to score higher but how many people are genuinely going to go to all that trouble?

But at the end of the day each league and its rules are drawn up differently.

I see it differently because when i bowl i dont bowl to win games in league or beat people, i just try and bowl well.

A couple of leagues I bowl in allow pre bowling... One league has no hard and fast rule and pre and post bowling is allowed... The other league also allows pre bowls but with the opposition teams permission.
There have been leagues which also allowed pre bowling but you had to bowl against the team on the pair of lanes that you would have bowled on during league.

Personally I like the idea providing it doesn't get abused... It does make it easier for those of us who are shift workers...

RULE 338

POSTPONED OR PREBOWLED GAMES

(Unless covered by a Leagues own Rules)

All league games will be bowled as per the prearranged schedule unless they are postponed or prebowled
upon authorisation of the league’s Management Committee. When Doubles or Teams are postponed or pre
bowled, they must compete as Doubles and Teams respectively.

Pre Bowling applies to a series only, not individual games.

Postponed games refer to teams that cannot compete on the regular scheduled date and
time. Their match can be conducted at another time when both teams can compete.

Rules similar to those for prebowling apply topostponements

PROCEDURE
The league Management Committee and both team captains must agree on an alternative
date for the match before any postponement becomes official. The match must be played within seven days.
Once granted, the league secretary will advise the centre ofthe change to the schedule
Usual league rulesand conditions to apply and one pair of certified lanes in the same centre are to be used
If for any reason the postponed match does not take place within seven days, no points will be allocated to either team.
If one team does not turn up, Rule 320 will apply.

The following Clauses cannot be changed by League Rules:
TIME LIMIT
No postponed game may be bowled later than 24 hours after the end of the final scheduled
competition, unless that match could have a bearing on the outcome of the league championship.
Such matches must be concluded within seven days of the scheduled close of competition. Bowlers are not
permitted to have a “bank” of prebowled scores. A prebowl, once approved, must be used for the match it
was applied for.

AVERAGES/HANDICAPS existing at the date of play are to be used.

HIGH SCORE RECOGNITION/AWARDS
No High Scores will be recognised nor will any awards be available for any scores bowled in prebowled
or postponed matches

POST BOWLING: Post bowling by individuals or a team is not permitted in any form.

REQUEST NOTICE
At least 48 hours prior to scheduled match.

Without exception, any team not attending for league play on the scheduled night that has not organised a
postponement at least 48 hours before the scheduled match will forfeit and the team present and not at fault
must bowl all games as though they were actually contested. (Refer Rule 320)

Back
Top Bottom