Pre Bowls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Craig,
Its not about mental weekenss its about playing the games on a even playing field,i agree lets bowl but against eachother at the same time
regards
Scott,

We had a league that folded pretty much because of pre-bowling. Being a small centre most of our leagues are between 8-10 teams. One league that continually had 2-3 teams pre-bowling ,folded because the other teams were sick of turning up and playing on empty lanes (this league actually had one team pre-bowl a grand final). The atmosphere of the league was dead and people moved into other leagues. It might not matter so much in a big centre with 20 teams, but it does in small leagues.

Basically the bowlers should get to vote whether Pre-Bowls / Post Bowls / Blind Scores are allowed, and the maximum of each. Then up to your committee to ensure these rules are applied.

The ultimate question is what happens once a complete team have used up their allocation of Blind Scores (ie, maximum allowed is 6, and all have used 6).

My belief, and not very easily found in any rule book, is that the team is treated like a vacant team :confused:

Any other thoughts - apart from booting the team from the league

It is all well and good to rant and rave about prebowl, post bowl and blind score quota's. At the end of the day I think the whole idea is to ensure you keep bowlers to the end of the season and beyond.

If you want to make it too hard for bowlers to feel they are going to receive value for the prize fund that they pay, especially as most prizefunds these days seem to be top heavy rather than evenly graded for all teams, then you need to weigh up what is best for the league.

As someone who travels to tournaments regularly and also someone who occassionally has to work on league night I find prebowling allows me to stay in the league. There may be valid arguments to not allow an individual to prebowl by themself when the league is a team league but again if the league votes to allow it and the bowler follows centre policy with regards to prebowls then why prevent it. The bowler is happy, their team is happy and the bowl is happy, I can't see any reason to be negative about this.

Post bowling I think should only be allowed if both teams are going to be present at the session and I don't believe you can turn up on the actual bowling night and ask for a post bowl as prior notice would be expected by all.

To those who said the team should have a sub I ask you what time warp or other dimension are you currently living in. In the 80's and early 90's yes it was easy to have a permanent sub but these days it is hard enough getting permanent bowlers let alone the luxury of permanent sub to call on.

Regards
Terry Silva

To those who said the team should have a sub I ask you what time warp or other dimension are you currently living in. In the 80's and early 90's yes it was easy to have a permanent sub but these days it is hard enough getting permanent bowlers let alone the luxury of permanent sub to call on. Regards Terry Silva[/QUOTE said:
Terry, I dont live in no time warp. I know of several people who happily sub all the time in differant leagues for people. The 2 leagues l bowl in always have available subs to call to help teams out with ensuring they have full line ups, if the pre-bowl was not able to be completed by all parties.

Question? can l pre bowl for South Pacific on Friday as l need to go to work, and they are not happy that l will be arriving several hours late. I will go down today and do it.

Pre-bowling is a saviour! WHY?
Because we live in a REAL WORLD!!
I'm a uni student, who clears just short of $300 a week, and can get no government assistance. If I get rung up and get asked to work, regardless of whether or not it clashes with bowling, I am going to take the hours because it is tough to survive week to week otherwise.
I hate having to miss leauge and hate having to do prebowls but it is a saviour.
People really need to stop bitching and whinging about it and take a minute to think about peoples situations before mouthing off.
I agree that people who prebowl just for the sake of getting better conditions or just for the sake of it are doing it for the wrong reasons. But I really feel that the majority of people who prebowl do it for the right reasons, therefore I see no problems in people prebowling many times if their situation requires it.

Pre-bowling is a saviour! WHY?
Because we live in a REAL WORLD!!
Hey CV ,dont make this a personal issue ok ,i was asking for some views on pre bowls ok ,i know i wont be able to remove pre bowls so we live with them ,we are not bitching and whinging about them just having our view on them as you are having your view
Thanks for your view on this issue
Regards
Scott
CAPB

Lance

That was a ridiculous way to end your post. No one ever would consider prebowling for a tournament especially the SPC. Which tournament has ever had the provision for pre bowls? I have to work this weekend but would not front even if their was provision for prebowling. If their was I believe that tournament would be regarded as a joke anyway.

As others have suggested we don't all know that we are not making it to bowl in time to arrange a replacement bowler.

The elite leagues you bowl in or are referring to, I too have subbed in myself, as you will find bowlers willing to fill in for someone on most nights. However, the reality these days is that the majority of leagues struggle to have a full compliment of teams let alone subs. You will also struggle to find any average leagues with ready to walk on subs.

Good luck for the SPC.

Regards
Terry

xpense said:
Question? can l pre bowl for South Pacific on Friday as l need to go to work, and they are not happy that l will be arriving several hours late. I will go down today and do it.

Guys dont this comment seriously, as l am sure that evryone realises that it was made as a joke, as we all know that a tournament would never allow a pre bowl. But you can see where the idea of pre bowling can go with that type of statement.

Terry will be trying my best thats for sure.

I would like to say the response on this subject has been great ,many views on this subject ,i would like to say i would love to get rid of pre bowling all together ,,just my opinion ..dont bite my head off ..lol love to get more people involved so we can have teams playing eachother ,not have to use a pre bowl thats what would happen in a perfect world ,so pre bowls are here to stay :( thanks again for everyones input and i have taken all on board
regards
Scott Law
CAPB

CV people are not bitching they are giving an opinion , that is what this site is for just because you dont agree does not make them wrong , im sure you understand as you are a educated person.

NEXT:

Terry ,
A time warp you say , please dont insult us .
You say it would be a joke to allow pre-bowls in a tourniment (yes) some of us say individual pre-bowls are too . I'll give you an example : not so long ago in the centre that i bowl at the Kegel had some serious problems and on our league night and the score were a joke , most of our high average bowlers strugeled to bowl 450 but those who pre-bowled had normal conditions (different conditions) that is our point a even playing field .
To think people can compete on different nights is madness too me

P.S. Lance & Gatsby , Scott and i will send you both free CAPB t-shirts , keep up the fight , we wont win but we will be a voice.

Christian

If you agree with the pre-bowl rule, and that leagues are just like any other competition, then why not pre-bowl some of the major tournaments - that's an idea ! NOT

The league i bowl in on tuesday nights at belconnen has a good system..If someone is going to be away they ring the league Manager who rings the team they are vesing and Reschedule the match for a latter time.

Thanks for the positive support Gary if you are not a shift worker you cant appreciate having the opportunity to still bowl for your team.Even though sometimes i have pre- bowled on a absolute crap condition RE Sunday night and other times when lanes have not been dressed .So it works both ways about the level playing field dont you think. :confused: :confused: :confused:

THIRTY TONS OF GRUNT said:
Even though sometimes i have pre- bowled on a absolute crap condition RE Sunday night and other times when lanes have not been dressed .So it works both ways about the level playing field dont you think. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I hear you Ralphy!!
Sometimes you get lucky and get easy conditions for a pre-bowl and the league that week have tougher conditions. Don't forget it works both ways!!! Can't think of anything worse then bowling on very tough lanes, with school kids yelling and running around... especially when you know that your league will get premium conditions... Its just the way the cookie crumbles!

Pre-bowls are ther to be used not abused. Its just as easy to pay your prize fund and have cheap league practise,So peeps choose to pre bowl nuttin wrong with that.............................................. ;)

Hello " Monica "

Can i have a T-Shirt too..... :p but with one small change , with the letters
CIPB , ( can i pre bowl ) p.s what colours do they come in ? :rocol:

Tez.

Monica

I ask in fact whether they are in fact high average bowlers then. If they need cushy conditions to bowl well then maybe they should all prebowl every week and then there would be no need to use a broken Kegle as an excuse. For that matter if they need a Kegle to score then end of story they can't bowl.

If you need set up lanes to score well then you just ain't a bowler in my opinion. Nothing sorts out the pretenders from the real deals than a condition where you have to use the most important thing in a bowlers armoury, there brain and can't just sit the ball on the lane.

Food for thought!
Terry

Terry, you are going to tread on some toes with the "brain" comment, but some like myself do agree.

Also, if we were to fix everything in bowling from pre bowls to lane conditions to hook in a box balls to oiling machines to committee's to TBA to centre managers to staff to bad bowlers to bad attitudes to bad or stuffed anything then we would have a very boring sport, but then again a bit of good old lively discussion never hurt did it ;)

Pre bowling is OK as long as the privilege is not abused!!!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom