Pre Bowling Concerns

Hammer

Just curious to how bowling alleys police pre bowling. There was an incident this week that a pre bowl score was changed 8 times without a staff members signature.

What is the right thing to do to question it?
Is it the right of the team that is bowling against the pre bowl to question it?
Finally can any one tell me what is the rule? and if not followed what happens to the prebowl?

It should have very little to do with the bowl. This is a league matter and league rules regarding pre-bowls should apply.
The trouble is very often the bowl is caught in the middle of a dispute between 2 parties.
If regular prebowls feature in a league the answer is for the bowl to keep on file a copy of the league constitution. It is unfair to expect a control operator to adjudicate on league matters, and they shouldn't be put in that position.
If its not covered by the constitution its the leagues problem. Even if the league is run by the bowl there should still be a constitution so that everyone knows where they stand.
If you have to hold a league meeting to vote on something not covered then a majority decision is acceptable. If you want to change an existing rule it has to be a unanimous decision.

most computer scoring systems will have some kind of feature to lock out the ability to change the score from the console ,so the score could only be changed from the counter. perhaps that may be an idea in the future for your league.

cobow :)

I just want to know...how can a prebowl score be changed eight times, I mean what's the deal with that??? That just seems so wrong. But anyways...I have had a few problems with the rules on prebowls myself lately, and I have found that the centre is often making all the rules on prebowls and their use, instead of what a league stipulates. The rules on prebowls should be strictly set out in a league constitution at the start of the season, and these should be adhered to at ALL times. The centre shouldn't have the say, the LEAGUE should.

Timmee,
In our centre when u change a prebowl, on the print out it comes up much lighter than the normal scores. Than not only was it lighter someone had gone over it with a black pen to make sure people didnt notice it. when a second print out was done the next day u could clearly see that someone has changed it. It was done late at night and of course no one knows who went over the score with a black pen. All changes to the scores were strikes, i can see a pattern here :?: :?: :?:

Steve

I would get the league to hold a meeting and have a vote.

I would put it something like "If a prebowl is done and ANY score changes necessary then they MUST be sighted and authorised by the manager on duty. If they are not signed the game is void and either must be rebowled, or forfeited"

Im sure if that rule was in place, then if someone had a legit reason for changing a score there would be no problems with having it signed. If they couldnt have it signed or there is a problem, then im sorry that's just too bad. Rules are rules. However im pretty sure to make this happen you would need the league to vote on it. Just watch for the person who had the seven changes made to protest against this rule :roll:

It's a shame really for one person to do something that wrecks it for everyone, but hey when it's a cash league and money at stake then there has to be some rules.

Yes Graham i think the league is going to vote on it. These days there are alot of money involved in good money leagues. This is why the consitution should be looked at more carefully in all leagues.

Back
Top Bottom