Pre Bowls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry ,
Obviously the bowlers in the league i bowl are not half the bowler you are , but lets not get sidetracked . You are missing the point maybe some people that bowl in our league might let you know who they are and you can decide if they can bowl or notbrfore you slap them in the face.
You should probably read the original post by Flojo he was asking for peoples opinion on pre-bowl and you are trying to take it down a personal path , there is many issues that could be discussed about bowling and it all leads to healthy debate so lets keep it that way. I don't like pre-bowls but they are here to stay BUT my issue is that i see them being done outside the rules of the constitution of the league that i bowl in .

Show a little respect not once have i shot anybody down for disagreeing with me , unlike you time warp coment and you coments in your last post . The league i bowl in have some great bowlers in it and making a illinformed statement about them is a insult to them and the hard work they put in to the sport.

Regards Christian

Christian

That part of the post wasn't meant to put down your fellow league bowlers. It was to refer to the fact too often when higher average bowlers fail to bowl up to expectations they pull the old lane condition card out of the pack for an excuse. That is because they do not know what to do if the lanes don't react the way they are used to. That is what the brain comment refers to. Not their intelligence level but their bowling intelligence or rather knowledge level.

I agree with most here that some bowlers are abusing the priveledge. If that is the case they should ensure they make their opinions known to their league executives. However one has to be aware that you are starting to tread on touchy ground when you call into question a fellow bowlers integrity. So it may be very hard to prove a case of abuse of the system without finding yourself in a situation where someone could take your comments as offensive and maybe even take legal action against you.

I agree in a perfect world there would be no pre or post bowling but unfortunately they are part of the bowling makeup now and into the future.

Hope you find a happy solution in your leagues for all.

Regards
Terry

Terry!

you accuse expense of making comments that he obviously did not mean in fact were made purely to create a laugh but when people take you at face value on your comments everybody is supposed to know exactly what you mean or rather didn't mean.

can't have it both ways champ. I'm sorry but your comments read quite simply that you are putting fellow bowlers down and that my friend does not win respect.

Mark

This is off the topic of the original post but thought I need to reply anyway.

I reread my post and fail to see how I was putting fellow bowlers down. I was merely pointing out the fact that when most things don't go a bowlers way they tend to want to find something or someone to blame rather than look to within to find the solution.

If they are a genuine high average bowler then the solution is hidden somewhere in that thing we call a 'brain' learn't from the countless hours they have spent on the lane. After all the saying goes that bowling at a higher level is 80% mental and only 20% physical. So they need to draw on some of that 80%. Or do as I do when occasionally I am at a total loss, ask one of their fellow bowlers for suggestions, it can never hurt.

Regards
Terry

Scojo

In the MTBA rule book under prebowls it is stated that when a prebowl is to occur both teams need to be present. It doesn't say that you can actually go down on any day a pre bowl as an individual. Teams must be given at least 48 hours notice and the team captains arrange a time and date to bowl.

I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly and it is happening more and more in our league. The sooner they rid the league of the pre bowls the better. I understand that there are people out there that are shift workers and can't make bowling every couple of weeks but what is so bad about a blind score or having a sub bowler.

Can I have a CAPB tshirt??????

Terry

How you can sit there and say that these bowlers have no brain (basically) is beyond me. I would have like to see you bowl on the conditions that we had that night. Your comments were totally uncalled for when you have no idea of who you talking about. I bowled that night and I bowled average for the night so the conditions didn't bother me yet I have been only bowling hook for the past 18 months. So you think that I have more knowledge than these guys I don't think so as I would never classify myself in there catagory.

Larissa

Terry,
You appear to have missed (and continue to miss) Christian's point.
Yes! there were QUALITY bowlers who struggled to bowl a decent score that evening but that doesn't mean they didn't rise to the top. Your comments questioning their ability or whether they were genuine high average bowler were certainly ill-informed and if you knew who the bowlers were I think you would be a little embarassed.
There were many bowlers who still won their point with games well below average that evening. Whilst it could not have been forseen there was a distinct advantage to have pre-bowled that week because average turned out to be a bloody good score.
I have not really come across any situation where I felt that the pre-bowl system was being abused. I would rather bowl against a pre-bowled score than a vacant score and an advantage (or a disadvantage maybe) is that right from the beginning of the night you know what score you will need to bowl to win but from the point of view of a level playing field they probably should be controlled a little more closely (especially when it is outside constitution guidelines). I have pre-bowled occassionally in the past, I will pre-bowl in the future because it's an option available to me when I cannot make league. To me it is a more about finding a convenient time to bowl rather than when the lane conditions are likely to be at their best.

I don't want a CAPB T-shirt but I don't mind the look of the Wiggly ones :)

Graeme

If we're quoting rulebooks then this is direct from the TBA Rulebook folks.

RULE 338 POSTPONED OR PRE-BOWLED GAMES - (Unless covered by a Leagues own Rules) All league games will be bowled as per the pre-arranged schedule unless they are postponed or pre-bowled upon authorization of the league’s Management Committee. Whilst the Committee may determine what is sufficient cause to grant postponement/pre-bowling, they must always allow for “Emergency” situations.
If a constitution includes the fact that shiftworkers can prebowl then that is that. Or maybe you'd like to ask them to leave their jobs for real jobs? Or maybe if you have a team lineup of 3 or 4 you should really have 4 and 5 .... just in case. I'm guessing there are heaps of bowlers out there who'd join now.

Maybe now we could focus 5 pages of forum on the joys of equipment abuse or even the joys of loud obscene sportsmanship?

This topic is obviously fraught with issues so lets drop it now.

:D :D :D

Seems our friend here 'scoreggia' cant reveal his name on total bowling... Maybe he's a dentist...

Larissa & Max said:
How you can sit there and say that these bowlers have no brain (basically) is beyond me. I would have like to see you bowl on the conditions that we had that night. Your comments were totally uncalled for when you have no idea of who you talking about. I bowled that night and I bowled average for the night so the conditions didn't bother me yet I have been only bowling hook for the past 18 months. So you think that I have more knowledge than these guys I don't think so as I would never classify myself in there catagory.

Larissa

What night was this?

Cmon Craig you know the night the kegel fked up and i shot 570 and had to work bloody hard for it LOL.And one other certain bowler of note was lucky to break 400 and were talking a 210 ave person .Is it coming back to you yet any way dont worry about that lets just focus on Sats quaddie LOL.We need a change of luck need to do the Star Wars thing can you feel the power yes i can its called tech form.LOL.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THIRTY TONS OF GRUNT said:
Cmon Craig you know the night the kegel fked up and i shot 570 and had to work bloody hard for it LOL.And one other certain bowler of note was lucky to break 400 and were talking a 210 ave person .Is it coming back to you yet any way dont worry about that lets just focus on Sats quaddie LOL.We need a change of luck need to do the Star Wars thing can you feel the power yes i can its called tech form.LOL.

I do remember now, i got PM'd a little while back ;)
For the record 400 wasn't made!!

Roll on Sats quaddie, something has to go right for us eventually!!
Sooner Makybe Diva is shot the better i say! LOL (may want to include this nag in future mate ;) )

get over it

its league, theres f### all to be won and at the end of the day, no cares if you win, you will never make the hall of fame or anything that amounts to anything. i couldn't tell you who won last season, nor do i care

we bowl league for a bit of healthy competition, sometimes the opponents are there, sometimes they aren't, was any of this done in malice??? was there a strategy ???

NO

its easy to blame everything around us for losing, but at the end of the day, we weren't good enough, we get over it, we make changes if needed and we come in next week and try to conquer what we failed on the week before.

i bowled 397, what can one say, i had a laugh, sure the lanes were bad, under my team rule i got axed, and rightfully so.

a shame nobody mentioned how good the lanes were on monday night, my first night back in 4 weeks when i threw 733???

or are we fully just focussed on the negative???

i personally dont like pre bowling, but its a rule, we all vote on it at the start of the season, if anyone breaches the rule, we take it to the league board of directors and then they deal with it in accordance to the TBA rules and the league constitution.

this is the wrong place to exercise this, it hasn't even been addressed to the league, and yet, half the league and half the state are throwing their 2 bobs worth in on it.

lets get some protocol here, scotty put it in writing, if the league has to vote on it we will, if a ruling has to be enforced it should be enforced. if you or the league players dont want pre bowling, vote it in, we are a league of democracy aren't we???

this is twice this week i have seen poor use of protocol and all its turned out to in the end is a sheet fight.

we accepted the rules, we deal with it, if someone has breached the rules then we enforce them, how many rules are we enforcing though????

maybe first we could start by making the house pattern fiq compliant!!! is everyones bowling ball legal ??? do we have a code of conduct.

terry, lance and who ever else doesn't bowl in MY league has absolutely no right to comment on its affairs without knowing the full story to what goes on, i know these guys won't take this as a personal attack, as it isn't aimed as one, knowing that i don't comment on their league affairs not knowing a thing about them.

this is a league matter, not a total bowling matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom