First bowling alley you ever bowled in?

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Just curious, wondering where everyone here bowled the very first time?
Also, is the bowl still standing and do you recall your very first score?

My first game was 52 bowled August 15th, 1962 in San Francisco at Sports Center Bowl (closed in 1977)

My first game was 36 on May 16, 1996 at AMF Moonah Bowl. It was recently upgraded from Wooden lanes to Synthetics.

Peace
Chris

wchester said:
Just curious, wondering where everyone here bowled the very first time?

First time I bowed was about 1978, up the hallway of my house. :lol:

Still living here ;)

First time I bowled was in the hallway at Strahan Street in 1977 - and we're still here. :wink:

First real game was at Moonah Bowl in 1983 - and that's still here too.

Gazaroticus Thunderstalks said:
February 18th 1970 Woodville Bowl.

Ouch..... woodville.... been rebuilt atm... i think.....will be reopening later this year i think........

mine was... at AMF cross road..... about 1990-1991.

My first centre i ever bowled in was Milton Bowl and i think i bowled a 103 and a 84 this was when i was 5yrs old

Bowl-Mor Lanes. Colorado Springs Colorado, 1978. Was 6. Closed in 1990. Became a distribution facility of some sort. Was a great place, had the infamous Cheeseburger Deluxe meal with fries. You also got these glasses I remember that seemed to fill our house, my grandparents house, etc. when you shot 200,225, 250, etc. Had a huge wall of honour with high scores. First game was an 89.

Fairfield Bowl, still there, I remember instructomat bowling a couple of times with my brother, coming home from school, we walked past the place every day. Later I did school bowling in 1967-68 also at Fairfield.

I bowled my first league there in 1969, still only 16, it was a senior league, I never bowled junior league. My first average for week 1 was 91, boy was I upset I knew I could do better than that, by the end of the league I averaged 142.

My team ran 3rd, behind a team with John Greenfield in it, for all those people out there who have worked in AMF centres over the last 20 years would know John as he was the main lane man for AMF.

willey.

Bundaberg, Queensland. Then I moved to Brisbane. The original Bundy Bowl is no longer there, it moved in 1996 to the other side of town, where it is today. The old bowl became a carpet store :D I think my first game was like 67.

1978 fairlanes city, bowled 45 with a 10lb ball and no bumpers

1979 parents ran snack bar at corio village bowl, i went to join junior league, and they had 5 too many, i was told i wasn't good enough, so i bowled 3 games a day until i was, and continued to do so for years after, at age 13 i was told i wasn't allowed to bowl juniors anymore, cause i won everything.

talk about being very confused at the time

i just wanted to bowl and have ever since, couldn't imagine life without it

Bowled for the first time in 1992, at what was formally known as Sale Tenpins.
Was about 5 years before i had my second game. Oh how i wasted my childhood! :p

hjfu

mine was on shellharbour tenpin bowl in 1998 when i was 8 and i mite have bowled an 80 and i remember yr7 i used no bumper at shell n got 70's

I first bowled at Shellharbour Tenpin Bowl...dont know when though...
It closed down in March of 2003 so the lanes could be moved to Illawarra Strikezone..which reopened approx 2 months later....worst 2 months of my life...without bowling...

First bowled at Southern Cross bowl in Melbourne in 1973. It was a bowling alley at the Southern Cross Hotel in Melbourne. Score was terrible as i had no idea what i was doing.

Never bowled again until 2001

age 4 at mentone bowl, mum and dad owned the snack bar so all i did was bowl on lane 1 all day everyday until they sold it which was when i was about 8....cant remember my first score but i still own my first bowling ball from when i turned 5, its some 6 pound red thing...

Back
Top Bottom