Fondest memory in bowling

Easy
Watching a 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 being left from a pocket hit in the late 80's.
Right handed pocket hit.
Too easy.

Woah, uber light ball? or maybe a pin slid, I'm sure there'd be a 1:1000000000 way of it being done :O

okay.
so i know i said setting my bumper lane record will always be my fondest memory.

but,
i have another one.
bowling my first nationals at Mount Gravatt.
It was a huge learning experience, i made more friends,
and met up with friends i haven't seen in ages.
to me, i didn't matter how i bowled.
i was there for the experience and i got it.
just for the record i bowled decent lol.

-the photos.
-the friends.
-the memories.
who could ask for anything more?

:)

1 Word

SHIELD!!

Best 2 years of my life (not only cause we won both years) But because of all the friend i made and still got, best time of my life.

if you think your not good enough to try out for your state.. YOUR WRONG...

Everyone is good enough.. its those who put the time and effort who get places!

Best Advice ive ever got

Ash

Mine would be my first 200/600 game/series followed by making junior Dunn shield. I would say making the Eastcoast youth team but i found out i couldn't bowl in it after i qualified coz the Army brought my enlistment day forward 3 weeks... Then there are all the friends you make...

1. 154, 178 - 332, 2 game series in the Newcastle Bowl junior league my first year of bowling in 1962. Asking my Dad afterwards if that meant I was now an A Grade bowler as that was the average for A grade at the time.
2. Coca Cola NSW Junior Travelling League in 1962/3 bowling against bowlers like Steve Mackie, John Everson and Bruce Peel who could really bowl (I think I averaged 140)!
3. PBA Pro Am in Denver in December 2005 bowling with and getting tips from Brian Voss and Pete Weber.
4. First USBC Nationals in Batin Rouge LA in 2005.
5. Bowling highest games and series (160, 267, 265 - 692) in February 2007. Last game 8 strikes, 7 2, 3 strikes!

Well Done Panther Power, exactly offset 9 pin +++

Physical impossibility?, no way I saw it left with a 15lb ball high performance ball of the day.

This house went through a stage of BAD RACKS for sometime.

In the same house I saw 1 - 2 - 4 - 7 - 6 - 10, for a neat 4 count.

Too easy

I would have 2 say mine is bowling my first 800 (290,266,247) series, followed closely by sparing the 7 - 10 split.

my fondest memories are first meeting my wife in local bowl in adelaide the other one is bowling a 299 the other week stuck a 4pin

My first 200 game I will always remember. Started off with a 4 bagger, dont remember the middle part but in the 10th I got 8/ and needed 8 to get to 200. When all the pins fell over I fell to the ground and screamed in joy. I will always cherish that moment.

My 2nd fond moment in bowling was Metro Cup 2007. In the 2nd game of the last round I watched my teammate and captain Dale Fitzgerald strike out to not only win his point but to guarantee us the title. We all went up as one and that was also a great moment for me.

My other moment is when I was bowling in a doubles league against an angry person it has to be said who didnt like me very much. Me and my partner were down by 60 or so pins with 3 frames to play. I proceeded to take my score from 83 to 173 by striking out and by the time I bowled the last shot in the pocket I went off. My opponent tried to kick me as he realised he had lost by 4 pins and I went on with my partner to smash them by 100 in the last game.

All good moments, I hope to have many more.

My 2nd fond moment in bowling was Metro Cup 2007. In the 2nd game of the last round I watched my teammate and captain Dale Fitzgerald strike out to not only win his point but to guarantee us the title. We all went up as one and that was also a great moment for me.

I must say your second fond moment sticks for me too in a way. I wasnt there, but I can feel what it was like as I was apart of that team. As you guys won the comp, I was at Queanbeyan bowling my first 200 average over 9 games for All events! I bowled more 200s on that Saturday than I have ever in a week!
As a team, we were always striving to be the best. Dale and Ray bowled 300s during our time as a team, and we beat our own personal best scores and series too.
We were a great team though, hence being the winners for 2007! Now look at 2008? We're all in different teams! Everyone wants a taste! :p I think all of us are each individual teams highest average bowler!

One of my other fonds memories would have to be bowling at MID NORTH COAST 4 Centre Challenge at Lismore in 2000.

It was the first time that i felt as though i was representing my centre because of how i was bowling at the time, and not feeling as though i was there to make up the numbers.

This tournament had a profound effect on my bowling when i got back to my home centre.

In December that year i bowled a 246 game which at the time was my best game ever and also the first of 2 games of 100+ pins over average.

Thats the other thing i love about both of my two highest games, 255 & 246 were more than 100+ pins over average.

A feat that i thought i would only acheive once but to do it twice is even better.

picking up a 4-6-7-10 split, was quite funny actually after a few bourbons while bowling left the split, cracked the ****s just threw an anger ball looked to see it heading towards the 4-7, seeing the 4 pin slide over and hit the 6, which in turn fell onto the 10 and i celebrated with yet another bourbon

Bowling first 200 series, as its your FIRST big time achievment in bowling. There was nothing quite like it at the time (still haven't done a 300 though). I can still remeber the feeling of bowling in the last ball in the tenth needing at least a 7 pin count to get it, threw it bad, somehow, got it.. Fantastic feeling!!!

I think it really spurs you onto the 225,250 game, then a 500 and 600 series.
Love the feeling of self improvement.. Your own milestones regardless of how high they are in comparison with other bowlers, are so important. Basically you have to keep interested in your own progress.
My personal high game and high game series is also a very fond memory.

Also some of the characters you meet, and the yarns they tell. Priceless..
Also the fact that there is always someone in your league most weeks, who has achieved a partiular score that is important to them, and their reactions are great to see.

Then there is the bowler who goes NUTS when things don't go his way. LMAO

Take care LOTP

picking up a 4-6-7-10 split, was quite funny actually after a few bourbons while bowling left the split, cracked the ****s just threw an anger ball looked to see it heading towards the 4-7, seeing the 4 pin slide over and hit the 6, which in turn fell onto the 10 and i celebrated with yet another bourbon

The big 4 has avoided my grasp. Twice now, I've slid the 6 pin over to knock the 4 pin, but left the 7. :(

Geeez............ One memory is hard to pick.

My #1 would be winning Maryborough junior masters 6 months into struggling with finger tip conversion. Managed my first and second 200 games on the same day to take out the title.

But making all star with 3rd highest ave at Junior shield and winning 20 out of 21 games was also great! Oh and one I find funny....... turning up late to league without practice, rattling the ten first shot then bowling 15 in a row. I still giggle about that.

Out of all the sports I've played bowling has always produced the best memories!

Easy - all the great people I have met through bowling and creating some great memories off the lanes with them!!

Liz

Back
Top Bottom