Is a 7-10 split achievable?

I'm wondering has anyone converted or seen a 7-10 split converted.
I know there is a TBA patch of it but Ive never seen or heard of anyone achieving this.
I was asked last night at league how would it be achieved (gutterball??pins bouncing of the Backboard???)

I can tell you now I remember seeing footage of the queen herself Cara Honeychurch and Baby John Burgess picking up the 7-10

It certainly is achievable Nev.

I have seen 2, one where the 10 kicked off the side and flew over to the 7, the other where the 10 was smashed into the backboard and came out on to the 7.

Danny Simpson from Qld had converted 19 of these up to the 2005 Nationals, said he was going to retire when he got his 20th - obviously hasn't got it yet.:(

Good luck....Max

I have seen the 7 - 10 pins hit on the first ball leaving every other pin on the deck standing ball just clipped the RH side of the 10 pin which then came off the back to take out the 7 pin.. I personally know of one other bowler (Marcie Dutschke) who has spared the 7-10 but don't know how she did it as she does not have a fast shot so presume it was more of a slide across.

i have spared it 4 times and seen it spared about 5 or 6 times but only if you bowl at bowland ingle farm where the pins fly back out of the pit and most times back down the lane nearly every frame so if anyone wants a great chance of sparing it then bowl at bowland ingle farm. i have seen a guy get a strike from hitting a 7 pin aswell

try these for a watch:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPllVnruRAc"]YouTube - Mark Roth 7-10 Split Conversion[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UAvUDyWjmg"]YouTube - PBA Bowling - Jess Stayrook converts 7-10 split[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtDDG5MrxAs"]YouTube - John Mazza's 7-10 split conversion[/ame]

Close but not close enough:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mk7h1p9DfY"]YouTube - Mike Mineman almost converts 7-10 Split[/ame]

And for those that love the big 4:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCrhZ46v2k"]YouTube - Walter Ray Williams Jr. 4-6-7-10 Split Conversion[/ame]

It certainly has been done.

I am lucky enough to have done it at Chaddy during league. I threw at the 10-pin as hard as I could and bounced off the wall and flew to the 7-pin.

Leo

Done it twice.

First time was when I had only been bowling a short time...

Second time was in 2005 at Hornsby.. picked up the ball, threw it hard and straight at the 10, bounced off the back wall and took out the 7. Did it in front of my sister who hadn't experienced real bowling before. She was impressed..

I was with a mate at the Ballarat Gold Skins and he picked it up. He does not know how other than he was angry and hit the 10 pin head on. Other than that ?????? who knows.

I've also heard of the 7-10 being hit on the first ball.

Ive done it. i left the 4-6-7-10 and put the ball down the lane hard and sort of straight. i picked the 7-10 out of it and left the 4-6 standing. the 10 pin bounced off the back and clipped the 7. was quite amusing.

how to get the 7-10 just go to ballina ten pin u pick it up 90% spaired it in that center over 20+ times easy in that center have picked it up hear in newcastle my advice just smash the SH@# outa the 10 or 7 just luck except for in ballina that take skill lol =p

and as well saw it in sheald my first year in illawarra by one of my team mates left the big 4 and only took the 7 10 LOL!!!!

I have spared the 7-10 once. I was soooo cheesed that I left it that i threw the ball towards the 10 pin at great speed, saw the ball hit the 10 pin (turned around to walk off in disgust at leaving it!!), Lacky yelled at me to turn round as he saw the pin bounce into the pit, it hit something and bounced back onto the deck and I managed to see the 10 pin roll around and take out the 7 pin. :bounce8:
I couldn't believe it!! Lacky has also spared it once! This is the only thing in bowling that we are even par on.....1 each!! One day....I will have more!!!! :starwars:
To be honest....luck has everything to do with it!!

The only way I have done it is by taking it off a full deck.
Didnt even get to see it...was practising 10s and 7s and thought the ball was gutter bound. I was mistaken.

i got it once this year just threw the ball down there as fast as i can. Hit the pin back of the pit then hit the side & took the 7 pin out

7-10 achievable? Oh yeah it is. Smash the 7-pin into the side, and let her roll into the 10! Also, if you want the pin to roll slowly, don't do it where the machines are quite new. All you'll get is the machine picking whats left up thus disallowing the messenger to hit your last pin. Thats more frustrating than leaving the 7-10 itself!

I am sure many a 7-10 was achieved by the help of lazy Mechanics. In the AMF 70 Machines I have seen many instances of the Mechanics in some Centres, regularly leaving the Pin Curtain just hanging over the back of the Cushion, this is not visible to the Bowlers but is usually detected by the noise the pins make when they hit metal. In Brunswick Centres the common reason for major pin rebounds is when the bottom of the Curtain is not positioned with a rubber end cap, so said curtain comes out at the bottom and hangs down straight instead of curved, this can be detected by the naked Eye.

willey

Never spared it in real time.

Did get it by bouncing it out off a Greek Church, a Big-4 and once got it by bouncing the ball out of the gutter where it jumped up, took the 10-pin, and the ball bounced out of the pit and took the 7-pin out :rolleyes:

Apart from the ones I've seen on PBA tapes, I've only seen it spared in real life only a couple of times I think.
I know I saw Androoo get it once and I think I saw Oakley do in league another time.

But pretty rare tho.

Back
Top Bottom