Is a 7-10 split achievable?

I saw Matt Wormald spare it at the AO this year and I know Troy has spaered it this year at Grafton. Very exciting both times. The guys still surprise league bowlers who regularly ask if it can be done.
Janey

Spared it 10 times properly, and a few other times while shooting at other splits.

There is a little trick to it, but of course, it also requires a lot of luck.

Depending on what machines the centre has, determines how you go about it. On AMF machines, because the balls have to funnel towards the middle of the pair of lanes because of the ball return system, the pit is higher in the far corners. So, if you shoot at the 10pin on the even numbered lanes, and the 7pin on the odds, the pits are higher in those corners, and easier to get the pin back out on the deck. Converted it 7 times on these machines.

On the older Brunswick machines (A's and A2's) I don't think it makes much difference what pin you shoot at, so just throw it as hard as you can at the pin that is easiest to hit. The trick is to hit it so the pin goes into the corner of the pit at about a 45* angle. That way, the pin has a chance of going into the pit, bouncing off the shaker board and screaming back across the deck. It is easier to convert on these machines due to the lack of rotating carpet in the pit, so pins can jump back on the deck quite often. Made it twice on these, even though I bowl at centres with these machines once in a blue moon.

On the Newer GS Series Brunswick machines, hit the reset button! The flappy curtain kills all impact from the pins, and is rare to even get a pin to jump back on to the deck, let alone hit anything.

I've also made it on the old Odin machines as well. How? beats me, just chucked it! lol

I have spared the 7,10 8 times and also the 4,6,7,10 4 or 5 times just throw it as hard as i can and hope for the best really

lol ive only ever seen one and it was porto mucking around with a 12lb house ball one thursday night at league about 6 months back.

If you want tips on how to spare a 7-10 just ask Luke Rafton!
Ive seen it spared by him 4 times now, the last one was only a month ago at Mt. Gravatt..

Done it 3 times that I remember. ( once at Ballina ) Don't recall how, for sure. Always bowled at the 7. Think went into the back curtain and back to the 10. Think I've picked up every split that it's possible to leave, Except the 5-7-10. Now - That's a split. Seen it done though. At MT. Gravatt. Can't think of his name, but was the son of the chap who ran all the tournies there. ( ex Aust Rep.)

Done it 3 times that I remember. ( once at Ballina ) Don't recall how, for sure. Always bowled at the 7. Think went into the back curtain and back to the 10. Think I've picked up every split that it's possible to leave, Except the 5-7-10. Now - That's a split. Seen it done though. At MT. Gravatt. Can't think of his name, but was the son of the chap who ran all the tournies there. ( ex Aust Rep.)[/quote/)

I've remembered the tourny organiser at Mt. Gravatt It was Ken Sheehan, and his son ( Mark ??? ) that I saw get the 5 - 7 - 10

Clearing out a filing cabinet in workshop this morning and came across a few ATBC certificates / patches etc

Found an ATBC Special Award---- WOW - 7/10 split at Ballina...24th Nov '96.

Back
Top Bottom