5-7-10

R

Roo Boy

Last night in our Thursday Singles League one of our fellow female bowlers who is left handed went brooklyn and left a 5-7-10. Ive heard of it off the pocket but not brooklyn. Just wondering if anyone else has seen such a thing?

Deano

Ah the good old grandma's teeth split. i seem to get them on a regular basis, but can never pull it off.

Josh from Mt.Druitt's Division 1 Sydney Intercentre Team bowled one today, but didn't spare. Everyone was leaving splits, but this was big :D Like one of my team mates...he left the 1-2-6-7-8-20...went through the 3 pin :confused: As well as my solid 7-9s :D

Bubyee

Rowey :p

Cant say that i have seen it done before from the brooky side .Mostly flat pocket shots result in this leave so lift the damn ball and you wont have a problem LOL. :eek: :) :rolleyes:

With today's bowling balls, how can ANYONE leave a 5-7-10? Maybe from the Brooklyn, as the ball could potentially deflect away fast enough with a dodgy rack, but Jeeeezzzz...:p

Doesn't matter about the balls we have today. I had one night at Sunshine when I left two 5-7-10 in my league games (not the same game, I would have screamed). There are heaps of reasons for leaving them. An off spot pin, etc.

It doesn't matter? Are you serious?
I think it should matter somewhat! Never in the history of the game have bowlers had so much assistance from technology. If these were golf balls, they would be banned! Today's bowling equipment is sooooo much more powerful than 1990's urethane which was soooo much more powerful than anything before it. This is just the tip of the iceberg. 3D CAD analysis allows dynamic modelling of balls before they are made, mathematics that was simply incalculable 20 years ago is run overnight on minicomputers. You've never had so much muscle in you bag.
So now keep your end of the bowling bargain. Get some light hand weights at a sport store and practice curling your wrist and forearm! Some spring grips can increase your finger and grip strength enormously, just be gentle to start with both these things. It's gotta be worth 10 pins a game after a couple of weeks! And I promise, no more 5-7-10's!

Back
Top Bottom