Fondest memory in bowling

mb600

I was just wondering what is everyones fondest memory in 10-pin bowling.

Im asking this question because one of my greatest memories was bowling my first 200 game back in. Incidentaly it happened on this very day back in 1996 March 8th.

What made it special was i got my first 5-bagger at the same time and ended up bowling 225, the following week i received my 225 game patch & pin only to be told that i would have to bowl another game above 200 to get the patch and pin for it. Also since i was only 15yrs old at the time my mother had to drive me to the bowling alley and she got to witness me bowling my first game above 200 so that moment is always special to me.

Another moment i recall was down at the Taree bowling alley that same year, at a junior tournament i bowled my ball down the lane only to be left with a
4-7-9-10 split. Very hard to get so i thought just aim for the 4 & 7 pins as they were the easiest pair to hit.

So i bowled the ball down the lane and it struck the two pins and much to my surprise and the other teams disbelief the 4 pin went over to the other side and took out the 9 & 10 pins, one of the hardest splits you can think of and i managed to knock it over.

mine was bowling my first 300 game back in 2005 at chester hill and now that chester hill is closing down and moving it now makes my memory even fonder

mine is, when i was in bumpers, i set a lane record, and both my parents were there to see it, and the next week i got my certificate and 150 pin. i was as proud as punch. i couldn't stop smiling, neither could my mum and dad.
But now my parents are very rarely there to see my achievements, especially now that they are divorced. So that will always be my fondest memory!

:)

I have alot a memories in bowling.

1) Bowling my first game over 200
2) See someone bowl a 300
3) Meeting New people
4) Highest game so far 268
5) Sparing a 8-10 when aiming at the 10 pin

i have also have a few
1) President Shield 05 and 06
2)Winning Australian masters
3) Bowling my highest game

- 300 games.
- The Shield years.
- Rachuig 06+07.

Just to name a few...
I could compose a novel on this topic.

My first tournament Emerson Shield 2007
Being bowler of the year 2007 (and bowled my highest 234)
Making the final of B grade Latrobe Valley Championships 2007 (I won the first game and he challenged and won the 2nd)
And I suppose watching local good bowlers being out played (mentally) by lesser bowlers. (I love watching people and their reactions to different situations). Theres no malice but little comments on line and angles, is there enough oil, etc etc etc...

bowling highest score of 277 on ringwood lanes many moons ago, have also enjoyed emerson experiences 04 -07. mostly remember having fun in leagues instead of bowling for sheep stations like seems to be the norm nowadays.

Bowling my first 200 game was the best feeling.
Winning my first doubles league with my friend Ben in our first year of bowling in '06
My first 600 series
My first 800 series
Winning the 2007 Sydney Metro Cup League with a great team.
Winning the last ever Queanbeyan City Open Masters last year with my friends Brian Wilson and Renee Adams winning their respective masters in the restricted division.

I've got a lot for myself. As much as I have bowling memories, I also have memories of freidnships to go along with them :)

1) My 3 300 games...I'll never forget the feeling, especially on my first. It's so surreal and so rewarding :)

2) My 1st and 2nd years of President's Shield thus far...The competition, the friends you make, the teamwork and tactics you apply to win at all costs. THIS is bowling! The thought of being able to compete against some of Australia's top juniors is one I'll always cherish.

3) The friends and the people you meet...You never forget them, and some you have for a lifetime! Bowling has given me some of the best opportunitites to meet people and it's a great opportunity to have.

4) The years of Intercentre...The 6 years I bowled Intercentre really taught me a heck of a lot. They helped me learn some of the best lessons I've learnt about my game, both physically and mentally, and they really helped to propel me into higher levels of bowling. It was a great start-off point for me and really got me going :)

5) Junior Nationals...From the first ball you throw to the last, Nationals is a huge thing for me. Once again, having the chance to compete against some of the best juniors in Australia is something I will always cherish and it is a great experience.

There are so many things that you may not think of until you think about this question that you really treasure or cherish about bowling. Whether it be the competion, the coaches you get, the tournaments you bowl in, or just plain having fun...Bowling means something different to everybody, and all of those things plus more are fond to me :)

Hooroo

Rowey :p

October 2001- ATBSO National Championships at Campbelltown - Joe Vella asked if he could borrow a pair of bowling shoes as he was going to bowl the opening ball and officially open our tournament. My shoes made his criteria and I watched him bowl the first ball. I am still wearing the shoes and every time I put them on I think of that moment.
A very special moment which will never be forgotten. Joe is such a legend and a true gentleman.

Two other very special people I have met - Dick Ritger and Earl Anthony.

Hi Josie,

I remember seeing Joe VELO at Campbelltown in "2002" and I had a word with him for the first time in 25 years. He is a legend and true gentleman of our sport. It was great to see again that famous delivery off the wrong foot......:)

meeting my wife on the lanes while her husband was sitting up the back watching.oh and beating my best mate by one pin to win the open masters

I'd have to say sparing the 7 - 10 split takes the top for me. I got more enjoyment out of sparing it then bowling my first 300 in practice. Bleh.

meeting my wife on the lanes while her husband was sitting up the back watching.oh and beating my best mate by one pin to win the open masters

p.s thanks TROYZA i had forgotten about sparing 7-10 that was memorable as well, i think i only got it because i was p----d off for leaving it in the first place

My first 200 which I bowled in the finals of the Restricted Cup at the Nationals.

My first ball on the lanes when representing SA in the Walter DeVeer tournament and then going on to have a great tournament and making the first Team of the Year in DeVeer. (ahh... memories)

My highest ever series (only a couple of weeks ago) of 595 (on an average of 147).

Memories (but not so good) - leaving an open 10th frame a couple of weeks ago which cost me my first 600 series.....

Putting a ball down the lane and wondering why I stuck - still had shoe covers on Dohhh!!!!

Great memories of friends made at the DeVeer Tournament, Holt Challenge and ATBSO National challenges and renewing these friendships each year at the National competitions.

Easy

Watching a 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 being left from a pocket hit in the late 80's.

Right handed pocket hit.

Too easy.

Back
Top Bottom