Expressions of interest- Tournament

STEROID

Hi Guys,
I am looking for expressions of interest for a Sport Bowling "Match-Play" tournament. Here are my suggestions.
Where? Mentone Bowl
When? To Be Determined (it will be difficult because of the Vic tournament schedule)... This will be on a Sunday afternoon.
How many games? 10 games total (5 games on short oil, 5 games on long oil)
How much will the tournament cost? I want to keep the cost under $100. I am thinking somewhere around $80?
What will be the prize money? This will be dependent on the amount of bowlers, but I hope the payout to be at least 1 in 5 bowlers "cashing" (getting their money back at least). I also hope to get a sponsor or two, but that will be determined later.
What is the format of matchplay? This will depend on the amount of bowlers, but generally, you will be bowling against people on your "pair" or bowling against the person opposite to you... I haven't figured this out yet. (any suggestions would be appreciated)

The advantage of this tournament is that people DO NOT have to qualify to get the matchplay experience! It is 10 games of straight matchplay!

Optional Saturday Training: A Sport Bowling Matchplay training session will be conducted on the Saturday before the Sport Bowling Matchplay tournament for ONLY 15-20 bowlers who wish to learn how to deal with Sport Bowling oil patterns and specifically the PRESSURE OF BOWLING IN A MATCHPLAY FORMAT. You will bowl 10 games on the same oil patterns that will be put down for the Sport Bowling Matchplay tournament, so you will get experience on the oil pattern before anyone bowls in the tournament. Price for this will be determined if there is enough interest. I am thinking it will be somewhere between $50-100.

I want to promote LEARNING and UNDERSTANDING of Sport Bowling, not just the "experience" of bowling on these difficult conditions!

Let me know what you guys think about both these ideas (the tournament and the "training"), and if there is enough interest, I will develop the ideas further with Steve at Mentone Bowl! I know it will be difficult to find a weekend, but if there is enough interest, I will try my best to work it out!

You may reply to this forum or send me an email at [email protected] to let me know what you think.

chris

I would definately be there. Sport bowling is frustratingly fun. It gives a true indication of where im standing in my ability.

book me in Chris!

Cheers!

I have spoken to you about this privately Chris.
Just depends on a date!

Must have a game of golf soon when your free as well!

Thanks for your interest guys, keep the posts coming so I can get an indication of the real interest...

Buzzer, I would be willing to run this tournament anywhere in Victoria as long as
1. The bowling centre has a Kegel Oiling machine
2. The price of lineage is NOT TOO EXPENSIVE so that I can keep the cost of the tournament low!!!

Thanks for the question...

chris

i might just even make the trip up again chris.would be great to bowl in something like this and catch up with you again.just all comes down to date and wether work permits

Hi Chris, I would also be interested in both the Saturday (coaching day) and the Sunday ("Match-Play" tournament).

Hi everyone,
Here is what Steve and I have come up with for this tournament. Let us know what you guys think.

Where? Mentone Bowl
When? Sunday, April 30. Check-in 9am, Start 9:30am
How many games? 10 games total (5 games on short oil, 5 games on long oil)

THE INFORMATION BELOW MAY BE MODIFIED DEPENDING ON SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU GUYS ON THIS FORUM.
How much will the tournament cost? $75 per person (the more the entry, the more prize fund money)

What will be the prize money? Payout will be 1 in 5 bowlers. This “proposed” prize list is based on 50 bowlers, but is limited to 60 bowlers! (due to the limited number of lanes at Mentone Bowl)
1st place- $350
2nd place- $300
3rd place- $275
4th place- $250
5th place- $200
6th place- $175
7th place- $150
8th place- $125
9th place- $100
10th place- $75

What is the format? Matchplay only! Winners will be determined by THE NUMBER OF WINS (OR BONUS PINS) DURING MATCHPLAY, rather than total pinfall. If a tie exists for 1st place, the title will go to the last winning bowler on “count back.” If there is a tie for other places, the prize money will be split among those competitors.

I am a 170 average bowler, am I good enough to bowl is this tournament against the 220 average bowlers? My answer is YES because all bowlers will be ranked according to their averages and the field of bowlers will be divided into sections according to their averages. Therefore, bowlers with 170 averages, will bowl matchplay games against 170 average bowlers and those with 200 averages will bowl matchplay games against bowlers with 200 averages.

On Saturday April 29, at 9am, there will be an optional “Chris Mesagno Sport Bowling Clinic.” This event is SEPARATE from the Sunday competition and costs $75 per person to participate. Participants will bowl 10 games on the same oil patterns that will be put down for the Sunday Matchplay tournament and you will also learn more about dealing with Sport Bowling oil patterns and specifically the PRESSURE OF BOWLING IN A MATCHPLAY FORMAT. $50 deposits for this “optional clinic” will be due to Mentone Bowl no later than April 19 to reserve your spot in the clinic.

Let me know what you guys think as we will finalise this information within the next week and get entries out next week.
Thanks guys,
chris

Heh Chris just one question what happens if a bowler comes in off a dodgy ave they would have an advantage over a legitimate 180 ave bowler and win easy points.You can always rely on me to throw a spanner in the works.

Good point "THIRTY TONS OF GRUNT,"

No worries.

The averages will be based on "yearbook averages" or current league average as of March 31??, WHICHEVER IS THE HIGHEST. Hopefully, that way, we can take into account everyones average and hopefully that will make it fair.

In either case, the SPORT BOWLING oil pattern will make it an even playing field for everyone! (I hope) Therefore, no points will be EASY to win!

Any other concerns? If not, Steve and I will start printing out flyers soon!

Please, even if you like the format... let me know!!!
chris

Chris this is sounding very interesting now that I have actually looked into it and found what it is all about. I am keen to give it a go, and also the Saturday as well. Are you going to get a few flyers out of should we just keep looking on here for updates etc??

Thanks, Jane.

Back
Top Bottom