Emerson Shield - 2007

how many centres can hold the final ??????????
werribee
geelong
ed fleming
mentone
narren warren
is there any more????
Jason

Morwell, Shepparton, Bendigo, Ballarat, Melton, Mildura ....... (correct me if i'm wrong - couple of those might not be 20 lanes - memory is not that great these days)

The allocation of Goldpin events is unfortunately far more complex than a simple rotating roster. The larger events, Emerson and Junior Shield are restricted to a small number of centres so a three year turn around is not out of the ordinary. Goldpin conducts ten events each year, each centre has to have "their turn" and the tournament calender is mapped over a three year period to create balance for the centres and for the bowlers who compete in the various events.
When you factor new centres, centres closing and centres declining events, the process has to be flexible which is why even with a three year plan, we can't committ to more than twelve months at a time.

is it possible that the few centres that do have the ability to hold the state final, not get the zone finals then.

for example EFL has had 3 zone finals (including 2007) in the history of the event, but has not held the state final since the first year.

its great that EFL is putting up its hand for the zone final, as it means we can all bowl at the same time, and not have to sit out games ere and there to accomodate all the teams in the zone.

Morwell, Shepparton, Bendigo, Ballarat, Melton, Mildura ....... (correct me if i'm wrong - couple of those might not be 20 lanes - memory is not that great these days)
Morwell >20
Shep 18
Bendigo 16
Ballarat 16
Melton 16
Mildura 16

Pretty much a wasted post actually (i should have realised that if they had 20 lanes we would have been bowling men and women together at Country Cup for the past 25 years)-- I guess when you bowl in a 10 lane centre anything more than 12 looks like 20.

is it possible that the few centres that do have the ability to hold the state final, not get the zone finals then.

Hey Lance, not sure about other areas but in the western zone, the smaller centres definitely get the zone finals, ie in the last 4 years Warnambool, Ballarat, Melton and Colac have all had zone finals, where as Geelong and Werribee have not, as they are big enough to have the state final and have done so. Same with centres like Sale, Rosebud et all gettting zones. Yes they are tough houses, but given the distribution that goldpin is trying to achieve (and yes, letting the more obscure centres have a good weekend income wise) it makes sense.

for example EFL has had 3 zone finals (including 2007) in the history of the event, but has not held the state final since the first year.
its great that EFL is putting up its hand for the zone final, as it means we can all bowl at the same time, and not have to sit out games ere and there to accomodate all the teams in the zone.

Lance, I would have to question your maths but normally EFL is reserved for the Emerson or Junior Shield. This year is more an anomaly due to Rosebud declining the Zone Final and balance within the zone.

2001 - EFL - Final (No zone finals)

Zone Finals - East
2002 - Don't know where Eastern zone was held
2003 - EFL
2004 - Narre Warren
2005 - Rosebud
2006 - Sale
2007 - EFL (planned)

I think Ray is right Lance (unless 2002 zone final was held at EFL)

Hi Gary,

2004 was not at Narre, but Greensborough...same company though....

hey cant remember where zone was for 2002, remember we went to Shepp for the state final

OK so l have my maths a little out, but l was sure we have bowled 2 zone finals before. (my just be getting confused with the state final being 1 of those)

Hey does anyone remember where the 2002 final was. Was it Rosebud? think it may have been......as l remember going to that bowl for 2 zone finals, as Werribee bowled there once in our zone

Not sure Lance but i think Werribee must have bowled at Greensborough because i remember something about Porto bowling a 300 at Greensborough at Emerson -- funny how quickly things are forgotten.

yeah he did in the 2004 zone final.(Greensborough)...he was a little upset, as l had just thrown 290 at him, and he was averaging something stupid like 238 for his 4 games and was winless.

he dicided the only way to win wa to bowl 300, as the worst he could do wa draw.

and 2002 was Rosebud for the zone final.

Back
Top Bottom