Emerson Shield - 2007

I think, in theory, the repechage system is a very good one for the reasons that Craig is alluding to. The Western zone in the Men is very competitive and if Warrnambool and Ballarat had fielded full strength teams in the past couple of years it would have been even harder. At the moment the other two zones are weaker (won’t always be the case) and therefore it is probably fair to say that some of the teams that have missed the final in the past year or so have been stronger than some of the teams that have competed. Therefore the repechage will help even this out and ensure the final has much better depth.

I can also see where David is coming from as he is probably in a similar situation to me – neither Bendigo nor Colac are currently top 2 in our zones. Therefore, more often than not we are going to have to qualify for the final via the repechage. This means an extra weekend of bowling and therefore more money on lineage and accommodation. It becomes a Catch 22 – harder to get our strongest team because of the higher cost and therefore harder to qualify either automatically or via repechage. Personally, it won’t stop me, I will still try to bowl every year, but that won’t be the same for everyone.

Gary

Well said.

Like you, I will be also trying to get into the final. I just have to weigh up the event, against others that I love to bowl in. Namely Country Cup, the Seniors events and the Country Championships.

The $$$$$$$$$$$$$ do add up, and in the end I may have to make a decision to not bowl in one of them.

David.

David go for Country Cup and Emerson, you can always bowl Seniors when you become OLD:rolleyes:

i thought he had already qualified for that "old" category

i wanna photo of dave in his whites and his hat, will give me something to motivate me......

that being when i hit 50, shoot myself before i go insane

Gary, we've played this game before!!
1) Host centre makes the format decision in consultation with the other centres in the zone. There is no hard and fast rule.

2) Central, 24 lanes, synthetic and neutral.

3) Decision is based on a most likely scenario. If circumstance dictates a need to change, I will, but I believe 24 lanes will be enough.

With regard to David's thoughts. Yes, it is an extra round, therefore an additional cost. The repecharge is optional, so teams may choose not to bowl. However, the process is designed to give the BEST 10 teams a realistic chance to make the final.

Hodgo

Thanks for the clarification Ray

(PS - I think that 24 lanes will probably be enough too. Just trying to see if it was a hard and fast rule or flexible - which it obviously is)

Why is our Zone final going to be held in a non GOLDPIN centre - or is that going to be changed:confused:

Why is our Zone final going to be held in a non GOLDPIN centre - or is that going to be changed:confused:

since when has EFL not been a Goldpin centre Woza......a little to much time in the bar perhaps mate......

And if you mean the reparcharge round, Altona is part of the OZ tenpin group who are in the Goldpin group, they just choose to only enter a team from Narre.

Also i m very sure that if the bowlers over that side of town supported the Altona, Greensy and Epping the would surely enter an Emerson team as well

Matthew Lambrick

once again we have created our dreamteam league, anyone who is interested in playing this year and knocking off defending champion graeme, just goto the afl site www.afl.com.au and follow the dreamteam links

the league code for our league is 601401

Looking forward to the challenge. I think it is pretty fair to say that the fans were robbed of a great Grand final last year when the two best teams got knocked out in the Preliminary final :p :p --- i am still cursing Richo - he has one good game for the year..... Anyway bring it on......

For those interested you only have until this Friday night 7.00pm to enter..... (so far only 4 names - can take up to 16)

Back
Top Bottom