Dunn Shield 2008

Hey i am back online new avatar and all thanks for all the congrats on making my first shield team specially from my team mates at GO FRANKSTON :D only kidding i know its more important to create good banter and stir the ---- out of each other i am hanging out for this

Listern Demon woman ....I demand you leave the roll you have taken on with Dandy..... The apologise to me on here to let the people know who is boss..:p:p:p:p
Sorry my darling Husband, but I have some bad news for you....I am not going to leave the role I have taken on at DANDY I will not appologise to you as I have nothing to appologise for.....There is no boss in this relationship....We are equal...
Last thing I have to say once again is GO DANDY

Has Chadstone got a women's team????????????????

If not will the women's draw have a bye??

Just wondering...

Jane. xx

PS: Where's Lindz?? We need book odds, especially with the Senior's team looking quite strong..

I've had my nice post in another thread now time for a slightly b****y post.
With Dunn Shield only a matter of weeks away myself and many bowlers from our team as well as other teams are concerned with something AMF have put into the Handbook this year in regards to the FOOD & DRINK.
FOOD & DRINK
Each team will be supplied with food & drink over the weekend. Each centre will be supplied with 2 x hot food platters and 2 x sandwich platters per day. Each centre will also be supplied with 2 drinks per bowler per day. The cost of the food & drink is factored in the total centres costs. Any other food or drink will be at the bowlers expense.
Now firstly with the drinks. What drinks are we going to be supplied with and why only 2 drinks. All centres in the past have always had their esky around nearby for bowlers to have drinks whenever need be and a variety of drinks. Is this a money making ploy from AMF to drive sales in their cafe.
Secondly the food. Who honestly wants to eat greasy hot food during a major teams event in Victoria like this??? I know personally i wouldnt and my fellow teammates are not interested in hot food. If we have volunteers willing to make lunches for their teams why cant we bring it in for us all to eat. OR again is this a money making scheme from AMF due to costs for the platters being factored into the Centre Costs.
The other is issue is how is the cafe staff going to be able to handle making 24 hot food platters and 24 sandwich platters for all teams and those team wanting their food at the same time and if they were to pre make platters (therefore food wont be overly fresh then) where would it be stored. And what would be in these sandwiches. Are some bowlers dietery needs taken into account and are we just gonna get sandwiches filled with lettuce and processed chicken, and some egg ones too.
Now all too often we hear AMF talking about league bowlers being their backbone in the company and guaranteed income all year round, why cant we be looked after for one weekend and be allowed to bring our own food and drink into the tournament for our teams to enjoy.
I may get shot down for this post but this is my 20c worth and i feel it needs to be brought to the attention of those who may not have known about this.
Kelvin

Kelvin,

Totally agree with all you have said...

I know I down 1 bottle of water (600ml) per game I bowl during this tournament. 2 bottles for the whole day just won't cut it.

Just a little math for you all

12 teams with 14 bowlers per team
= 168 bowlers x 2 drinks
= 336 bottles (for arguments sake we'll say of water)

Now correct I if I’m wrong but the water section of the fridges at AMF centers hold approximately 70 to 80 bottles. This would mean the fridge would have to be restocked a little over 4 times each day. So guess what... the water won't be cold!!!

John

P.s Can the adults have some decent All Star shirts this year???

Kelvin

didn't see anywhere there where you are not allowed to bring your own drinks in. It just says its at your expense. From my memory it has always been at the bowlers expense so what has changed. There not saying you cant bring it in from outside. OR are they

Phil

Not sure Phil, but the way they have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to enforce the stickers on their front doors. And I would like to see 24 hot food platters come out at lunch time, as well as the cafe keep up with their normal service.

Kelvin I agree !!!!!!!

Whats stopping everyone going outside in the carpark & eating their own food ..... !!! I find it rude that they factor in food & drink.
Is the cafe at knox going that bad ....
1. At what time does each team get their food !
This could be a problem if your the first or last ...
You might eat at 11am or 2pm ...Remember 14 bowlers & 2 reserves plus managers.... Think about it !!!!

What about the people that eat healthy & dont want processed or oily stuff.
Where do they stand in this situation....Hmmmm !!

What about the people that eat healthy & dont want processed or oily stuff.
Where do they stand in this situation....Hmmmm !!

Too right Micky, what about me - a fine stud of a man that I am.... I'll see you soon, and we can catch up on some processed sandwiches. lol.

Cheers
G-Banger

I bowled for Ringwood a few times before having a 10yr break, I've been back for about 10weeks now bowling at Boronia and after reading through these many pages of s#?t stirring l wish l had made the rolloff cut off date. Looks like the old rivalries have only got stronger, but the weekend should be a lot of fun.
Kelvin l think you are spot on, l'd be taking my own food & drink.
GO BORONIA!!!!

well guys & girls it's like this... most of you know me & i dont take it real well being told what to do...do i Kelv? So..i want to see if anyone is gonna tell me or my team what,where or when we can eat.. oh..thats right its in the Dunn Shield Rules that states that all teams participating in the tournament HAS TO HAVE THEIR FOOD SUPPLIED BY THE HOST CENTRE!! YEAH RIGHT!! Maybe under STALIN'S rules but not mine!! So.. this is a way to create more revenue for the sport? hmmm will it benefit the sportspersons?? Or the heirachy?? but then i wouldnt know how to have a successful business..would i?

I bowled for Ringwood a few times before having a 10yr break, I've been back for about 10weeks now bowling at Boronia and after reading through these many pages of s#?t stirring l wish l had made the rolloff cut off date. Looks like the old rivalries have only got stronger, but the weekend should be a lot of fun.
Kelvin l think you are spot on, l'd be taking my own food & drink.
Go frankston !!!!

Welcome back Paul.....Blahahahahaha !!!
Read your last line !!!!

Back
Top Bottom