Doubles Skins Tourney

Gus, some new information. Adam Lucock and my self will be entering as a team for this double skins tourney. Looking foward to it.

I would like to vote that you draw for partners after every game....as Gus said, it would make it interesting, VERY interesting indeed!!

Pick your own partners!!!!!!

Mark.
icon_biggrin.gif

To Mark: Stop thinking about yourself and think about the big picture!!!!! You might actually benefit in the this torny, but you will guarantee that there will be insufficient entries in the next tournament that we try to run like this cos the same people WILL win all the money. Thus meaning that you only have one shot at winning some money, where as if we can sustain a decent interest in this type of torny, it could be an on going thing! You know I'm right!!!

How about, we draw for partners. Then once that is decided whoever wants to throws in an extra $25??? Winner takes all, highest individual scratch series for the entire 8 games???? Or aren't you up for that??? lol

I can see Scotts point, cause it makes sense. And I can also definately see the advantages of running the tourn that way as far as the partner thing goes. But I gotta say that I am still probably a little more keen to have the priveladge of choosing your own partner. But like I said, I can see the advantages from the points Scott has brought up so I mean, I will still be entering regardless. I just like the idea of having a partner, and it's you and that person battling it out off your own backs against the rest of the field. I know the chance of winning the money is ofcourse slimmer, but I just like the idea of the one partner the whole day cause it's more you versus everyone else. And I mean, all the names who have said they are entering so far are all in my mind quite capable of shooting big scores, and if on their game on the day are just as good of a chance for some money as any of the rest of the field. And that is what playing in a tournament is all about, being on your game on the day. As I said, I can definately see all the advantages in drawing for different partners after each set, and I do think it would be kinda cool. But at the same time I feel like it's a little bit of a "mixed bag" affair, and just think it will be hard to build that competitive team energy and really get amped up when you're switching partners after each set. But, just my thoughts and which ever way it does end up swinging I will be there, and I know I'll enjoy myself whatever the format. Cheers...

Ok ppls if the tourney goes ahead it will be on the 3rd of march at 10.30am (check in time). This is the only date we get with sa cup, shield trials and schools on. So it gives everyone a bit of time to consider things. Also the game rate will be $4.20 so that throws a little back into the pfund. I will find something interesting to do with it tho.

Put me down as a certain starter, and I'll try and rope the old man in as well.....just gotta see if his brain holds up!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Good date as well, but when will a decision be made, as to wether it will be a draw for partners ect ect?

And I'm sure, that for $75, you will get more guys from the south come up...I will put a notice on the board down home to try and spark some interest....If they still don't bowl, they're all F*@#ed in the head!!!!

regardless of anything i am up there, i am always one to support tourns even if i have no chance at winning it is good for a junior to get the exp of bowling with the "big boys"
cya then gus, i still owe you that drink when your down here
icon_wink.gif
cheers mate

just a thought has anyone asked bret kennely(sorry if i misspelt the name) and steve smith wether they will go in this tourn, its extra bowlers at least

I would just like to say that i also will be there regardless .... just trying to make it so that something like this is not a one off. We will just have to see what happens!!

To Gus: Me & You as partners??? or have you already got some one lined up???

Heya Gus,
Ashley is keen to bowl too!! But he doesn't like the idea of picking partners out of a hat!
Sara and Trent will bowl as well!! No one has asked Brett Kenley yet, league starts back next week, so we will fill him in then!!

Bye bye
Beck

Hooray!! A tournie!!!! I've been kinda bored lately with nothing to bowl in so this should be fun.
icon_biggrin.gif

I like picking a new partner every game that sounds fair (and a nice variety) maybe you can choose your own partners for the first couple and then get them drawn for the next? *shrug*

The date sounds fine and as for the oiling pattern................. I totally don't know what you're talking about!!!!!!!!!
icon_eek.gif
hahahah..

We want more tournaments guys so lets see some support here
icon_smile.gif

See y'all round
Jessika

PS. Gus maybe you will get more people to bowl if you promise to wear those tight green pants
icon_wink.gif

To Jes YOU IDIOT, lol

To Beck, Unfortunately u can't please everyone thats why I asked for the vote to try and get a majority thing happening so we just see what happens. Hopefully it will all work out for the best and mostly everybody will be happy. It is a pain in the bum trying to make everyone happy tho sheez! lol

To scott, u and me np only if you take that ball in to the bowl lol

To andrew, everyone will know well in adnvance what we are doing

To jayson, steve smith included in the 12 i put up previously

fyi i get 17 entries keep on pushing guys

I have made a decision about the partner thingy. It is going to be impossible to pls everyone so this is the final decision and i think the fairest so, if u don't like it, no-one will force you to participate.

1st 4 games you can bowl with whoever you like. Last 4 games we will re-pick after every game. Thats it. Hope it pleases the majority but I can't please everybody.

well good to see that tassie can come together and put on a tournament.

i would like to congratulate hayden on his effort, i would like to wish everyone luck who goes in it, as it looks at this stage i might not be coming down, not that any one would care.

see you at the rachiug trials
Matt R

Hey! You might just encourage me out of retirement, Gus, with a tops idea of a tournament like a DOUBLE SKINS. And I believe Brett's idea of both picking partners out of a hat and for yourselves, is best. Therefore those with friends bowl with whom they would like and all the outcasts get lumped together, he he he...so what is the progress so far anyhow?
icon_eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom