RESULTS Doubles Skins Tourney

GUS

Firstly, I would like to take the oppurtunity to thank to ALL the bowlers who participated in this event, and made it a success. I would also like to thank my trusty pal, Roxy, for running the tourney while I was bowling and giving the great game rate of $4.20.

For the sake of those who didn't bowl:
Entry Fee $150 per doubles team
Skin per Game $140 per doubles team
Individual High game Award $25
What we did with the high game award was introduced POT games on top of the $25. $2 Per person per entry per game. Now, if the person that bowled the highest game also entered in the POT, they took the Total Money. If the person DIDN'T enter the pot but bowled the highest game, they took the $25 and the POT Jackpoted to the next game.

Now to the Results:

Game 1
Skin Rebecca Salter/Ashley Riley 475 $140
High Game Ashley Riley 247 $55

Game 2
Jarrod Pearce/Trent Pearce 427 $140
Trent Pearce 253 $55

Game 3
Mark Foster/Garry Crick 441 $140
Mark Foster 257 $25 $30 Jackpoted

Game 4
Mark Foster/Garry Crick 479 $140
Mark Foster 267 $25 $36 Jackpoted ($66)

Game 5
Kassey Fechner/Paul Lucock 425 $140
Paul Lucock 245 $25 $36 Jackpoted ($102)

Game 6
Dan Bunting(J)/Brett Riley 421 $140
Chris Benwell(J) 231 $25 $40 Jackpoted ($142)

Game 7
Mark Foster/Hayden George 446 $140
Rebecca Salter 249 $209

Game 8
Tim Bessell(J)/Garry Crick 392 $140
Garry Crick 235 $61

Money Earnings:

Rebecca Salter $279
Garry Crick $271
Mark Foster $250
Ashley Riley $125
Trent Pearce $125
Paul Lucock $95
Jarrod Pearce $70
Dan Bunting(J) $70
Brett Riley $70
Hayden George $70
Kassey Fechner $70
Tim Bessell(J) $70
Chris Benwell(J) $25
Total Payout $1590

Averages:

Mark Foster 1630 203.75
Ashley Riley 1575 196.88
Paul Lucock 1572 196.50
Trent Pearce 1560 195.00
Adam Lucock 1553 194.13
Jarrod Pearce 1536 192.00
Nathan Young(J) 1534 191.75
Garry Crick 1532 191.50
Brett Kenley 1498 187.25
Rebecca Salter 1497 187.13
Hayden George 1493 186.63
David Cavanagh(J) 1491 186.38
Andrew Phillips 1458 182.25
Brett Riley 1435 179.38
Peta Jones 1408 176.00
Tim Bessell(J) 1407 175.88
Trent Griggs 1397 174.63
Kassey Fechner 1396 174.50
Emma Tubb(J) 1395 174.38
Aaron Franklin 1382 172.75
Lisa Cook 1377 172.13
Dan Bunting(J) 1375 171.88
Jessika Everingham 1339 167.38
Eddie Ratcliffe 1315 164.38
Damian Crick(J) 1311 163.88
Elliot Renshaw(J) 1304 163.00
Chris Benwell(J) 1303 162.88
Jackie Crick 1279 159.88
Ben Harriss(J) 1252 156.50
Jayson Griggs(J) 1244 155.50
Cameron Jenkins 1196 149.50
Darrel George 1167 145.88

If the Averages look a little low to those that didn't bowl, it is because the pattern was a 2:1 ratio pattern to 45ft. Something that a lot of bowlers down here are not used too.(The MAIN reason for putting it down.) So, hopefully everybody had a good day, enjoyed themselves, learnt a little about the lane pattern, and also learnt NOT to drink TOO much the night B4 a tourney. RIGHT, Milkman and friends. LOL

well done hayden for organising such a great tourni. well done to all the bowlers for supporting it and i hope u all had a great time over the weekend.... cameron, this is how we party in tassie man, plus i hope u cleaned the spew up from the toilet floor heheh

mark foster u look like s**t in the morning lol and tim im sorry i kept u up during the night hehe

cant wait for the next getogether up there and if anyone wants party at my place down here when u all come down next

cheers

peace out

tha DJ

i just wanted to say thank you to all that run the tourn : roxy and gus, well done you did a great job. to gus: thanks for al the oil lol it was good to bowl on something that was challenging, hey i even beat milkman on average hahahaha lol. well done to all that bowled especially bec salter, well done on kicking everyone's ass and foster too

Gus...The tournamet was awesome. Congratulations on the format, and the running of it too. Of course it does help when the manager is there to help keep track of all the cash that was flying around (not that any came my way mind you!!). Thanks for Roxy for being there to be able do that.

Yes...the pattern was very demanding, but it was good to bowl on that type of oil. I'm just thinking how much fun going back to the "Graveyard" will be....ohhhh, I can hook a ball again!!!! lol

Yes, there are quite a few stories from this tournament, many which can't be told on here, but I'm sure they will get around. Some of the topics include Strawberry, gay bars, and doing a spiderman impersonation!!
icon_biggrin.gif

And for the record....yes, Milkman was "a little" worse for wear!

good on you MilkMan for showing these Tasmanians how to party ... anyone get any nads shots of the big guy ?

Love your work big man .. and a 149 average to boot .. LOVELY !! Foster I hope you got that big red shirt ready for AO .. cos it's my birthday on the Monday and I think i'm going to be going out having a few refreshing ales. Also remember you owe me one :p

Congrats on what sounds like a good tourney. Hope it starts something of a revival of tournament bowling in Tassie !! Catch you all soon !

Big thank you to Gus & Rox.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tournament & winning a few skins along the way was a bonus. As I said once before in a previous post, if you give the bowlers value for money & an interesting format the bowlers will support you.

The format was definately interesting & with nearly 40% of the field cashing, you have to be on a winner.

SO WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE & as someone once said " SHOW ME THE MONEY ".

Graham, not quite sure, but considering the condition of some of the guys, anything is possible. I do believe Milkman was reported to say just before leaving for the bowl, that he wasn't sure if he would make the 10 min trip, and walked off to the toilet for a "gut check".
icon_rolleyes.gif

And this came from a guy, that stated to me early in the week, that he was there for bowling, and nothing else!! Amazing what us Tasmanians can do to influence people!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Yes well done gus, great tournament great party etc.......it was all good, but i didnt get any gay bar action like a few fellow bowlers.......lol, i must say.....i was absoultley stoked to be the only one over the card....as it proved to my self that i can do it when the condition is harder, so i look forward to the next tournament....it was also great to get support from Hobart, well done guys on making the trip north, and to cameron for coming over from Melbourne, ur a great mate and i look forward to many more memorable moments.

Take care
icon_smile.gif

yes there aint no doubt about it.. no one parties like us tasmanians!

you just bring your A game mark when u play gav and i at royal country club heheh

im sure the fairways will have as much "area" as in the tourni
icon_razz.gif

i dont know howi managed a 195 ave with a 122 game lol

so hopefully we can have another great tourni soon and also another great party
icon_wink.gif

peace out

tha DJ

I just wanted to also thank Gus for organising a great tournament and Rox for her help. Hopefully this can be the start of a few more regular tournaments!

I also have to thank Paul for winning the skin for us!
icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulations to Beck on another great performance as well
icon_biggrin.gif

Firstly congrats to Gus and Rox for running the tournament in such fine style and secondly, it must be said that there was fantastic interest, good numbers for tassie.
Thirdly, YES!!! I took 'em to a gay bar!!! (only 'cos the guys are better looking!!!) But the fellas shouldn't really complain 'cos there WERE lesbians getting friendly...surely they found that entertaining?
AND last of all: Milkman, you really gotta learn how to shotty sambucca, sat nite's effort was laughable!! And as for your other drinking efforts, well I thought only girls drank cider....he he he! A few more tassie tourneys and we might have u trained, (like we did to Jekk
icon_wink.gif
)and next time we're getting u up to sing karaoke with us!!
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

Ahhh yes... it took me a full 1.25litres of raspberry cordial to learn how to shot but I got there
lol
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Milkman, did you end up paying ash? cuz Beck sure kicked ur butt eh?
icon_biggrin.gif

if i knew that averages were gonna come out i wouldda tried abit harder.....lol

Yes
You may well pay me out, that is fine I deserved it. I dont think i will be drinking as much as i did on Saturday night ever again.

I must admit the format of the tournament was sensational. The lane conditions were tough (not that I cared), and made shooting fair.

Its not like I have heard Mark Foster talk up his "over the card" performance. Andrew phillips needs to bowl a bit faster, the lanes didnt wanna reset for the majority of his shots cause he bowled too slow.

And for tim, "Is it ok if i ...." fill in the blanks.

Great coming down for the weekend, people have asked if I will be back, and thats a big yes, just hold me back on the grog please

yes yes yes, hmmmm i have been hearing those words lot lately
icon_biggrin.gif

yer a great sport cameron i mean you have payed the money to come down and after the skins you could have veiwed it as a waste of money but it seems you enjoyed yourself heaps which was great. bowling is half the reason we travel to the various tourney as you found out hehe

also i hope u do come back down for a tourni cuz we enjoyed your company

peace out

tha DJ

Milkie....Is there any truth to the rumour, that a couple of your lane rides (and yes, there was only a couple
icon_smile.gif
) that had the pelvic thrust, was just your impersonation of somebody the night before??
icon_biggrin.gif

Well done Hayden and Rox, for running a fantastic tournament, hopefully one of many to come!! I think majority of people had a great time, and enjoyed themselves!! Which is wonderful to see!!
I am just sorry i missed the party the night before, sounds like a hoot - gay bar??!!!
icon_eek.gif
haha
Once again thanks Gus and well done to everyone that bowled well on the hard condition! Can't wait for the next skins tournament
icon_biggrin.gif

Beck

Back
Top Bottom